best preformance

Revolver

what do you think is the best preformance of the song Rocket Queen??? I think it is the same as is on Live ERA becouse its so cool when Slash skip the guitar solo and take it on his... something, that he use for Anything Goes and after he has played the solo like that he take the Rocket Queen guitar riff so cool.. right after the solo, have you noticed??? well anyway, what do you think is the best preformance of that song???

Just watched the Rocket Queen performance at RIR3, and the end bit shows that Axl can still sing like he used to. When he really goes for it its just the same, maybe even better. So the last few mintues at RIR3 is pretty good!

But, Ritz 88 has to be the best.

Grimo.

Ritz '88 prior to the big ending

the last two or three minutes I'd say it'd have to be tokyo '92

totally agree with u there..

those extra notes slash does behind Axl's singing...makes it more touching.

strangely enough..Rocket Queen isn't on many bootlegs once the UYI tour started..shame..

something else that pissed me off with bootlegs..Coma was going to be played in oklahoma..but the crew couldn't get the heartbeat going...so axl got pissed, said fuck it..and went into DTJ...DAMN

Can never have enough Coma..

The one on toyka 92 love it when axl does the rapping bit in the middle.

oh I think when hes taking It Taste Good, Don't It? ruin the song there so I kind a hate that version...

dunno with rocket queen cause u get somthing different each time its played.

yeah I know, thats why I asked

My vote would have to go to the two shows when they opened for the Stones in LA in 1989. Those versions of Rocket Queen are like 13 minutes long because Slash solos a couple of times in the middle of the song. Great performances, but the versions I've heard are pretty poor quality so it's kinda hard to tell just how "on" the band was those nights.

I also like the Ritz '88 version though, when Axl stops singing. It's cool to hear just the music for a bit.

Rocket Queen is my all-time favourite song. Nothing quite like it.

Edited by KBear

Hammersmith Odeon 87 + the Ritz

does anyone know how to transfer from audio tape to cd coz i have quite a few gigs on tape that i would like on cd

You should use Nero SoundTrax. You can record the tape, separate (sp.?) the songs and burn to CD with it.

Edited by sirp

yeah def my favorite song of all time, but i dont know how some people can keep saying Ritz 88 when he dont even sing the best part ( the end ). The only really good performance ive seen is off the tokyo dvd's!

Does anyone else know any more good versions of the song?