KISS

Grimo85

I'm guessin the majority of people on this forum are familiar with KISS, and as Crazy Crazy Nights is an anthem at my uni and is regularly heard on nights out which always gets everyone, includin me, goin... what does everyone think about KISS???

Do you consider them to be talented musicians or just guys who dressed funny, were good at marketing, flooded the marketplace with every kind of prduct with KISS on it you can think of (casket?!?!?!?) and only actually made one really classic song (Beth)???

I think KISS are ok, but I think their live shows would have been amazin, but musically, they werent all that.

Grimo.

I personally like them, they're not my favorite band, but they are in my top ten. I own a couple of their records and I like thier music; I admit they are not the most talented band, and the make up helped them a lot, but they are always fun to listen to.

My fav. songs are Rock n Roll Al Nite, I Was Made For Loving You, Beth, Hard Luck Woman, among others.

Edited by rockchick

The band that introduced me to rock n' roll, I love 'em ^_^ Every one of their songs are great IMO. Well maybe not all of The Elder and Genes 80's material, but besides that, they are fooking awesome :P . And I always liked the music more than the image.

Love them, kickass rock n roll band that gave no pretention about not selling out.

Great music over the years, they changed pretty well with time as well, from the classic rock of destroyer and dressed to kill, to the 80s rock of crazy nights and lick it up, then metal with revenge.

Fantastic live band both visually and performance wise, I have 8 albums including alive I, II and IV.

I wish theyd get their act together and do a tour instead of gene doing rock school, plus they should give the guy pretending to be ace his own persona, hes not fooling anybody.

And - Ace's solo album - rock3

pretty ironic the coke snorting cat gave em their biggest hit

Well, he only had the lyrics (and he wrote them with his buddy) and the basic melody. Bob Ezrin did all the real work. :P

What you dont see lyrics and melody as real work?

nevermind dude- at least we know :)

pretty ironic the coke snorting cat gave em their biggest hit

Well, he only had the lyrics (and he wrote them with his buddy) and the basic melody. Bob Ezrin did all the real work. :P

What you dont see lyrics and melody as real work?

nevermind dude- at least we know :)

I do, but he had different lyrics, wich he didn't write alone, and he had the beginning part of the melody. Ezrin did a whole fuckin symphony orchsetra (dunno how it's spelled) to follow that little piece of melody, changed the lyrics and all that stuff. But yeah, without Peter, there wouldn't be that song, not the idea of the song, not the singer of the song.

So... I sort of take my words back. :ph34r:

I used to be a big KISS fan. They were it for me. Now I don't listen to them nearly as much. But there is certainly an enigma about the band. Their lyrics aren't Dylan or Hank Williams by any means, but the music is still fun.