Would Axl ever write a song

highvoltage

I'm curious about what you people think.

The early days of Guns N' Roses - including the old members played such a huge part in Axl's life. Because of this, i'm sure he resents the way things turned out.

My question here is, would he ever write a song about the breakup of the band, or about his feelings towards the old members? I feel like that part of his life is too significant for him to ignore completely...

Anyway, assuming he did - Would it be a big 'fuck you' (Double Talkin' Jive style)? Would it have a slight tone of regret or a tinge of nostalgia (Yesterdays style)?

Any thoughts?

Great question highvoltageacdc. I think he definately would and it would be a 'fuck you' style song because he would be in competition in the Rock music world with most of his former band members and we all know Axl always likes people to know how he feels

I thought Breakdown was written with a split in mind. Axl knew he was gonna screw everyone. Listen to Locomotive. Sometimes it's best to walk away. Yesterdays? 14 years of Pain? Dust N Bones? I don't need your Civil War? He knew what he was writing. Basically "game over, dudes."

dude, 14 years and dust n bones are both izzy for one, maybe he saw it coming, but really i dont think civil war is anything more than a political song, a great one and that

Guest JohnUlmer

Oh My God, The Blues and Madagascar all contain references to the band's split:

What can I do when there's so many liars / They crawl through your veins like millions of spiders - a reference to Slash and Duff perhaps?

It's not how you're thinking / Like you've been right / Living a trade-off / Believe your own version / Believe you're a savior and drain out your soul

What I thought was true before were lies I couldn't see / What I thought of you / Now has cost more than it should for me

And left so far out from the shore that I can't find my way back / My way any more

And there's a part in Madagascar I'm not sure about, but it sounds like... I'm in denial - so are they.

Edited by JohnUlmer

ok just to clear this up for everyone.

i know im not axls close buddy or anything like that but im pretty damn sure that the blues has NOTHING to do with the other members.

i dont think he likes/misses them in the gay way.

look at the lyrics and think to yourself.

what else could this be about?

oh.

a chick he broke up with, thats why it sounds like that.

blues is a love song.

he wouldnt write anything like that to any other guy and certainly not the former members.

madagascar however has some lyrics that are almost no doubt about the old guys.

same with OMG n maybe the others.

but im sorry it bugs me when people say the blues is about the old members with lyrics like that which are obviously about ionno maybe stephanie or something.

come on guys <_<

Guest JohnUlmer

i know im not axls close buddy or anything like that but im pretty damn sure that the blues has NOTHING to do with the other members.

oh.

blues is a love song.

he wouldnt write anything like that to any other guy and certainly not the former members.

but im sorry it bugs me when people say the blues is about the old members with lyrics like that which are obviously about ionno maybe stephanie or something.

come on guys <_<

I think it's arguable. It could be said it represents both. Songs can be interpreted any way you want - even if he came out tomorrow and said he didn't write it about the bandmembers, if you interpret it that way, you can. That's what's great about art. I forget who it was but I believe a famous director once said something like, "A director can tell you what his film is about but what it's really about is up to you." I think it's the same with music.

I'm curious about what you people think.

The early days of Guns N' Roses - including the old members played such a huge part in Axl's life. Because of this, i'm sure he resents the way things turned out.

My question here is, would he ever write a song about the breakup of the band, or about his feelings towards the old members? I feel like that part of his life is too significant for him to ignore completely...

Anyway, assuming he did - Would it be a big 'fuck you' (Double Talkin' Jive style)? Would it have a slight tone of regret or a tinge of nostalgia (Yesterdays style)?

Any thoughts?

i think it would be a huge song if he did, and i would hope it would be a nostalgia yesterday style.

Why does it have to be about a female? Couldn't it be about Izzy who was Axls best friend for how long? It is allowed to express non-homosexual friendship with words one would use in a relationship.

Chuck

oh.

blues is a love song.

come on guys <_<

oh.

blues is a love song.

come on guys <_<

I think Axl has written songs about others band members but without wordin it literally, so it could easily be about other subjects. Im pretty sure hes written a song about the old members at some point, I wouldnt be surprised if there were more than one.

Grimo.