Chinese Democracy in June

Guest JohnUlmer

Guest JohnUlmer

I've thought since sometime mid-last-year that CD would be out by this summer, mainly after hearing the Da Vinci Code Rumor.

Da Vinci comes out May 19. If GN'R perform a single for the album, it's likely it will be released about two weeks to a month in advance of the film (as most soundtracks are). This gives the single time to hit the charts before releasing the actual Chinese Democracy album - like they did with Knockin' On Heaven's Door (late 1990) and YCBM (1991).

This would leave June open (to wait until the film is on its way out of theaters).

June is 6/06.

Axl is including thirteen tracks on CD. Thirteen is infamously the most "unlucky number," and I don't think it's coincidence.

6/6/06 would be 6-6-6.

Of course, this would sound ridiculous without much "proof," but now we have Axl making his first public appearance in what, almost two years? And giving the first interview in about four years? And rumors about being in a RS issue talking about a summer release?

I think we'll see CD this June.

Keep in mind I'm aware no single has been confirmed for Da Vinci Code, but Axl is very smart at marketing and playing these types of "hype games" - and I believe now that he's given interviews and made appearances, him meeting fans in Malibu and saying he was working on a track ofr Da Vinci Code is far more of a possibility than an unsubstantiated nonsense rumor as we thought it may have been before.

EDIT: A couple months later and this looks more possible.

Axl being sighted and giving an interview to RS, saying we'll hear music this year, Slash claiming it's finished and ready to be released in March (which I seriously doubt).

Edited by JohnUlmer

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've thought since sometime mid-last-year that CD would be out by this summer, mainly after hearing the Da Vinci Code Rumor.

Da Vinci comes out May 19. If GN'R perform a single for the album, it's likely it will be released about two weeks to a month in advance of the film (as most soundtracks are). This gives the single time to hit the charts before releasing the actual album.

This would leave June open (to wait until the film is on its way out of theaters).

June is 6/06.

Axl is including thirteen tracks on CD. Thirteen is infamously the most "unlucky number," and I don't think it's coincidence.

6/6/06 would be 6-6-6.

Of course, this would sound ridiculous without much "proof," but now we have Axl making his first public appearance in what, almost two years? And giving the first interview in about four years? And rumors about being in a RS issue talking about a summer release?

I don't know if I'd go that far, but I must say Friday the 13th was an interesting coincidence! Fuck I hope your rite man!

Guest JohnUlmer

Da Vinci comes out May 19. If GN'R perform a single for the album, it's likely it will be released about two weeks to a month in advance of the film (as most soundtracks are). This gives the single time to hit the charts before releasing the actual album.

June is 6/06.

6/6/06 would be 6-6-6.

I don't know if I'd go that far, but I must say Friday the 13th was an interesting coincidence! Fuck I hope your rite man!

Yeah, I had totally forgotten about Friday the 13th being his appearance, too!

It's either really weird coincidence (Friday the 13th, the number thirteen), or a hint.

June is 6/06.

6/6/06 would be 6-6-6.

...and I.R.S was leaked first on April 1 :rofl-lol:

I've gotta admit, in the past i've always thought there were a few to many conspiracy theorists on this board. I remember reding some of John Ulmer's posts a few months back and thinking to myself that this dude may have a screw loose, but all these little coincidences are kinda makin me thing twice!

If nothing else, it's good food for thought!

Guest JohnUlmer
I've gotta admit, in the past i've always thought there were a few to many conspiracy theorists on this board. I remember reding some of John Ulmer's posts a few months back and thinking to myself that this dude may have a screw loose, but all these little coincidences are kinda makin me thing twice!

Axl is very much a drama queen. I don't mean that in a bad way. But the '02 tour and all - with "Round Two!", the Christ-stance at the VMAs at the end of his performance, the stuff he said - it was obvious he was trying to make his return into some kind of legendary marvel. I think it failed largely because people were disappointed in the VMA performance and the tour didn't go so well.

I think he's trying again.

FWIW, in the Bible, 666 doesn't just represent the Antichrist - it signifies, in advance, the second coming of Christ - the savior.

It just seems to me the sort of guy Axl is, this wouldn't be beyond him. He played around with some of this stuff on the '02 tour, why not now?

Axl is very much a drama queen. I don't mean that in a bad way. But the '02 tour and all - with "Round Two!", the Christ-stance at the VMAs at the end of his performance, the stuff he said - it was obvious he was trying to make his return into some kind of legendary marvel. I think it failed largely because people were disappointed in the VMA performance and the tour didn't go so well.

FWIW, in the Bible, 666 doesn't just represent the Antichrist - it signifies, in advance, the second coming of Christ - the savior.

It just seems to me the sort of guy Axl is, this wouldn't be beyond him. He played around with some of this stuff on the '02 tour, why not now?

Yet another great post. I never knew that 666 was the second coming of christ either, learn something new everyday

Guest JohnUlmer

I'd just like to also add real quick that Axl's decision to approach Chinese Democracy as an "epic" and release it as three albums is another good indication that he's treating this as a mythic project and it would be unfair to suggest he wouldn't plan an appropriate comeback.

Guest JohnUlmer

Yet another great post. I never knew that 666 was the second coming of christ either, learn something new everyday

Well, specifically 666 is the Number of the Beast, which is the mark the Bible claims the Antichrist will make people have burned on their foreheads (I believe). People who don't accept the mark are killed immediately.

But in the long run it represents Christ's return because in the course of the Bible, after the Antichrist returns Christ does as well...at least that's what I was taught.

HAHAHAHA of all the weird complicated thoughts like that this one was actually very convincing!

i mean the friday 13 being his appearence and then june 6 is also bad so this is really cool.

and irs was on april fools.

every thing has been done on a special date and i will be slightly dissapointed if its realese isnt 666.

that would be the coolest thing ever.

2006 IS infact the year of Guns N' Roses. It's Going to happen. Chinese Democracy will be released. First, Axl shows up at a party. Then, he gets interviewed in Rolling Stone magazine, and announces that the album's coming out this year. Then, the icing on the cake, we hear he's going to be on the cover of a magazine with Zakk from R.A.T.M. Chinese Democracy Starts now.....

HAHAHAHA of all the weird complicated thoughts like that this one was actually very convincing!

i mean the friday 13 being his appearence and then june 6 is also bad so this is really cool.

and irs was on april fools.

every thing has been done on a special date and i will be slightly dissapointed if its realese isnt 666.

that would be the coolest thing ever.

Only Axl Rose could get away with this shit! I love it!

I agree....2006 baby!

I'm absoulutley ecstatic(sp?) right now! I can't imagine how all you guys that have been waiting for years and years are feeling :)

The years went quick... :)

2006 is the year!!!!! YAY!!! :Drock4

Edited by Axl-rocks

announces that the album's coming out this year. Then, the icing on the cake, we hear he's going to be on the cover of a magazine with Zakk from R.A.T.M.

he didint announce the album to be out in 2006...he said people will hear music...

that could mean anywhere from single to album to festival...

and the zack and axl on the cover thing is still just a rumour...

not trying to be mean just trying to keep u from killing urself in case this doesnt all happen