Chinese Democracy - New G'N'R sound

kropotkin

"I'm trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen. Some people are going to say, 'It doesn't sound like Axl Rose, it doesn't sound like Guns n' Roses.'" He then smiles and adds, "But you'll like at least a few songs on there."

-----------

I think this is a wake up call, the name is the same, but the band and sound will be different. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm up for a new direction for G'N'R ... ??? Thoughts?

Guest JohnUlmer

The fact that he mentioned Queen as a similarity is far more comforting than around 1999 when he released Oh My God and said he was interested in bands and music like Limp Bizkit, no? Don't get me wrong - I love Oh My God - but Queen vs. Limp Bizkit-style music isn't a hard choice...at least for me.

"I'm trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen. Some people are going to say, 'It doesn't sound like Axl Rose, it doesn't sound like Guns n' Roses.'" He then smiles and adds, "But you'll like at least a few songs on there."

-----------

I think this is a wake up call, the name is the same, but the band and sound will be different. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm up for a new direction for G'N'R ... ??? Thoughts?

i don't mind queen, but this worrries me, queen had some of the gayest songs ever made like queen bicycle race , and some of the best like Bohemian Rhapsody ,

Edited by aussie_axl

-----------

i don't mind queen, but this worrries me, queen had some of the gayest songs ever made like queen bicycle race , and some of the best like Bohemian Rhapsody ,

I love Queen, I really dont see anything wrong with Bicycle Race either, why dont you like it?

I do agree with aussie_axl to an extent. Fat Bottom Girls is a really shitty song, plus some others too, but other than that, Queen rocked.

Every band has their "shitty songs" and I also like Fat Bottom Girls too. But every band has em' look: Metallica:The whole St. Anger album GNR:The spaghetti incident etc..

Guest JohnUlmer
I do agree with aussie_axl to an extent. Fat Bottom Girls is a really shitty song, plus some others too, but other than that, Queen rocked.

Yeah, but I think Queen's bad songs were purposely bad to an extent. They couldn't honestly have thought the lyrics to Fat Bottom Girls were anything special. I think it's intended as a bit of humor.

The fact that he mentioned Queen as a similarity is far more comforting than around 1999 when he released Oh My God and said he was interested in bands and music like Limp Bizkit, no? Don't get me wrong - I love Oh My God - but Queen vs. Limp Bizkit-style music isn't a hard choice...at least for me.

I don't think that he ever had any intention of trying to get a sound like Limp Bizkit.Axl listens to a lot of different styles of music -just because that was what he was listening to at the time doesn't mean that he was trying to emulate it.If you listen to all of the CD related songs that are out there,i can't think of a single one that sounds remotely close to Limp Bizkit.......Peace...........

Queen were great as musicans, all great at their instruments.

But they were never true Rock n Roll imho.

GNR on the other hand had both the awesome music (that they really put their heart into) and the right rock attitude.

Edited by Filip

bands have to do different stuff on each album anyway. Look at Guns's past record

Appetite for Destruction: grimy, yet beautiful street Rock.

GnR Lies: Acoustic project, gentle songs, hard cores

Use your Illusion I & II: sweeping, majestic country/metal/rock n roll

The spaghetti incident;Punky rock/1950s rock n roll

Chinese democracy: so far... Industrial, Rock ballad/metal/ Silkworms??????? :confused::confused:

As for moving in new directions with this album, can only be a good thing!!!

bands have to do different stuff on each album anyway. Look at Guns's past record

Chinese democracy: so far... Industrial, Rock ballad/metal/ Silkworms??????? :confused::confused:

I don't hear any resemblance of country whatsoever on the Illusions.

Edited by SlashisGOD

I don't hear any resemblance of country whatsoever on the Illusions.

you ain't the first, breakdown intro, the chorus of bad apples (imo, at least). but that's really it. i see what he's saying, but that's hardly country.

I think CD will be a hodge podge of different sounds. I believe that's why he had Brain and Buckethead on board. I think he wanted a rock n roll equivalant to Praxis (if anybody has ever heard any of their shit)

He might be trying to create a new original genre. But the new original sound will no doubt be a hybrid as at least since the 90's it's all been about hybrid sounds