Mastering Rumor --- FALSE!

rv62900

take it for what it is!!!! from elsewhere

CD Mastering

Written by Administrator

Thursday, 26 January 2006

elsewhere can reveal that Guns N'Roses forthcoming album, "Chinese Democracy" was handed to Sterling Sound on 17th November, 2005 for mastering.

Senior mastering engineer, George Marino, is the man who will master "Chinese Democracy". George has mastered previous GN'R releases.

gmarino2ak.jpg

Source: http://www.sterling-sound.com/

Edited by madison

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's true it should be done any day now if it's not allready finished. Then just release/tour planning, cd cover, single video, song order and serious pr work left. :P

anyway, if it's mastered or being mastered now we could very well get it in march (as Slash said)...

Okay if you go to the site and look under sound engineers, George Marino, Current Projects, Guns n' Roses - Unreleased Album 2005-11-17!.

Artic Monkeys put in an album on 2005-11-1, and that album had its UK release early this week, so even allowing for Axl wanting it to be perfect, a release for Chinese Democracy is in the not to distant future.

Edited by joker

From my understanding, once an album is given over for mastering, there are no more changes to be made, period.

Someone with more information than myself can feel free to correct me on this, though.

-darknemus

Yep.

Which is why this doesn't quite fit. Axl said 26 of 32 songs are done.

Tommy said like a week ago that he recorded some small parts of the album this month. If the album was handed in for mastering in November, this wouldn't be possible.

;)

From my understanding, once an album is given over for mastering, there are no more changes to be made, period.

Someone with more information than myself can feel free to correct me on this, though.

-darknemus

Yep.

Tommy said like a week ago that he recorded some small parts of the album this month. If the album was handed in for mastering in November, this wouldn't be possible.

;)

So this mastering stuff is another load of shite?

Grimo.

-darknemus

Yep.

;)

Grimo.

I don't know, to be quite honest.

We're not quite sure when that interview with Tommy was recorded, its definate it wasn't January 'cos in the inteview he says "I hope the album (CD) will be out next year" which is something you wouldn't say in January!

Plus there's no reson for the guy who has mastered other Gn'R albums to lie on his web site that hes working on the mastering of Chinese Democracy,

We're not quite sure when that interview with Tommy was recorded, its definate it wasn't January 'cos in the inteview he says "I hope the album (CD) will be oout next year"

Ok - fair enough then.

Joker... if you've only been here a day, how do you know about the interview? :book:

so axl said 26 songs are done, 13 on the album, so he probably handed the 13 song chinese democracy cd over, that does not mean he can't still work on the other ones that are not finished rock1

Edited by cd06

-darknemus

Yep.

;)

There´ll be 13 songs on CD(the FIRST album). Tommy maby recorded some parts of those 6 remaining songs..

And axl never said that 26 are done. He said "We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done,"

It´s a question how u define "nearly". It doesn´t necessarily means that all those 26 songs are in the same state in the process.

Maby some of them (the 26) are/was ready for mastering, and some of them ALMOST ready for mastering..

If it´s the case, there´s a possebility that those 13 songs which are slated for the album really is in the mastering process.

AND this theory leave the opportunity that tommy well may have done some recording..

Just a theory :monkey:

Well elsewhere.com reported it and it is listed on sterling-sound.com. Check one of my other posts for instructions to see the listing.

Are they reliable sites? Ive gotten used to rumours and stories bein absolutely untrue!

Grimo.

Remember how sources 'close' to SpIat told them 'Chinese Democracy' was going to be released in November... last year. Just wait for the album. Axl will holla when it's done... if his throat can take it :unsure:

Sterling Sound - Guns N' Roses project.

elsewhere weren't lying. :o I don't know if I'm more shocked by them telling the truth or that CD is in the works.

Edited by W. Axl Kev

-darknemus

Yep.

;)

Grimo.

I don't know, to be quite honest.

Actually, mastering is not a long and tiresome process. Basically (and very roughly) what you do is compress the music so it will sound about the same on many different kind of amps and loudspeakers. Unmastered music tends to differ a lot on different system. Of course it's a little bit more advanced than just run the music through a "compress" filter. But still. It's like the shortest process of an album creation.

And yes. It is also the last. After the mastering is finished the record (musicwise) is finished.

Only time will tell, well look at it like this Arctic Monkeys left an album with Marino (the sound engineer) on November 1st and it was released January 20th give or take a few days. So it took 2 and a half months for it to be mastered, go gold (ie be mass produced), be promoted and released.

To give an idea on the promotion of that album its becoming the fastest selling album in the UK ever.