Worst thing you could imagine on CD

FunkyMonk

I only fear for axl's voice, i hope he's been able to improve it somehow as that was the biggest letdown of the last tour, i also hope the guitar playing isn't average like when robin played most solo's on the chi dem tour, that's all really...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anything that sounds like Oh My God :confused:

Industrial Rock is terrible. The thing is it should just be a rock record like Use Your Illusion there should be no bullshit on it like Use Your Illusion. :laugh:

Nah, OMG, Silkworms and I.R.S and good songs, albeit both I.R.S and OMG are superior to Silkworms, but it's not that they are dire in any way. I'd like to see Buckethead on the album, although we won't. I think a bunch of Green Day covers on there would make me kill myself in disgust.

What is the worst thing that could be on CD if it comes out, in terms of destryoing the album and such?

My worst fear would there being Rap on any parts of it, as i despise any sort of rap.

Any thoughts?

My concern about the new songs we have heard is that they don't really have proper choruses or any sort of consisent structure.

Perfect example is 'The Blues'. Really, really like the song. But it has no real chorus and I think ultimately that would hurt its potential to be a single.

Yeah, yeah, I know Axl said nothing we have heard will wind up on the album, but I think he is full of it. All the more so since he said at that Korn party that 'The Blues' was one of the ones he felt strongest about.

If the album took 10 fuckin years to make, there better not be one bad thing on it.

Amen to that, but like Axl said in the articel, there is gonna be a few trax on it that sounds different :confused:

but i don`t give a shit as long i get my hands on it :P

Edited by dally

so some 55 tracks of that peice of shit. if axl released that, id hunt him down and (Insert worst thing you can think of here)

"so some 55 tracks of that peice of shit. if axl released that, id hunt him down and CUT OFF HIS GINGER FUCKIN' GOATEE" HA AH

Rap and stuff would fuck chi dem up the arse/ass,

I want fuckin Rock n' Fuckin' Roll,

Edited by johnyd473

My worst fear is that it's to overproduced and to anal.. It's like a million layers of music everywhere and it's just bloated and yäk!

My hope is the exact opposite. I don't want it to sound like Appetite or Contraband (not that I'm comparing those two albums). I want it to have layers like what NIN does or even old Floyd. Epics... concept... theme. They either bomb or become legendary. I want nothing in between. Nothing mainstream. The world or nothing. Either way, I'll still enjoy it because if it fails I know they died trying to make it a legendary album.

My money is on it being legendary though... the greatest album of this period of music. Whether some like it or not, I think it will start a new trend in the music industry and something everybody else tries to measure up against. Something that sets the bar.

What is the worst thing that could be on CD if it comes out, in terms of destryoing the album and such?

My worst fear would there being Rap on any parts of it, as i despise any sort of rap.

Any thoughts?

My concern about the new songs we have heard is that they don't really have proper choruses or any sort of consisent structure.

Perfect example is 'The Blues'. Really, really like the song. But it has no real chorus and I think ultimately that would hurt its potential to be a single.

Yeah, yeah, I know Axl said nothing we have heard will wind up on the album, but I think he is full of it. All the more so since he said at that Korn party that 'The Blues' was one of the ones he felt strongest about.

I disagree. I think The Blues is a strong enough song to easily become popular despite not really having a chorus. Although not common, there are some great song with little or no repitition (Stairway to Heaven, Kashmir, and Bohemian Rhapsody come to mind)... And Chinese Democracy and Madagascar have "real choruses."

And where did he say nothing we heard would be on the album? I must have missed that... No Madagascar or The Blues would make me sad...

My worst fear is that it's to overproduced and to anal.. It's like a million layers of music everywhere and it's just bloated and yäk!

My hope is the exact opposite. I don't want it to sound like Appetite or Contraband (not that I'm comparing those two albums). I want it to have layers like what NIN does or even old Floyd. Epics... concept... theme. They either bomb or become legendary. I want nothing in between. Nothing mainstream. The world or nothing. Either way, I'll still enjoy it because if it fails I know they died trying to make it a legendary album.

My money is on it being legendary though... the greatest album of this period of music. Whether some like it or not, I think it will start a new trend in the music industry and something everybody else tries to measure up against. Something that sets the bar.

we can only hope :wub:

Any thoughts?

I disagree. I think The Blues is a strong enough song to easily become popular despite not really having a chorus. Although not common, there are some great song with little or no repitition (Stairway to Heaven, Kashmir, and Bohemian Rhapsody come to mind)... And Chinese Democracy and Madagascar have "real choruses."

And where did he say nothing we heard would be on the album? I must have missed that... No Madagascar or The Blues would make me sad...

yeah, the blues is that good that it can get away without a true chorus. If ALL songs are without choruses, then you have a major problem.

and negleyjj, you can damn well bet we'll have the stuff we've had before. Theres no way axl would take that off. its all ready got great fan support. But if for some reason there is no Chi Dem, Blues, Maddy, or Rhiad, then i will hunt axl down and (Insert another worst imaginable thing here).

I like Silkworms and Oh My God, but silkworms does not deserve to be on the album. I will be happy to hear a finished oh my god, cause it rocks....as much as an overproduced album would suck in a way, as long as it doesnt kill all meaning in the songs i dont mind.

As long as it rocks.

Anything that sounds like Oh My God :confused:

Industrial Rock is terrible. The thing is it should just be a rock record like Use Your Illusion there should be no bullshit on it like Use Your Illusion. :laugh:

For the people that don't like Oh My God, I feel sorry for you. You might be slightly disappointed when the album is released.

Edited by Guest

There is no way silkworms makes the tracklisting...

Rhiad and the bedouins will sound good in the studio, with his voice being good. When he sings it live it is a complete mess...

Oh I have to admit I like Rhyadh and Bedouins. That's a cool song but only without that daft beat in the background. The riff is cool.

Read the Dizzy interview posted by Madagascar88 he said that Silkworms wont be on Chinese Democracy.

But industrial rock is lame. I kinda hope for stuff similar to Locomotive.

Also like rhiad. My impression of it is that it´s a hard song to perform live and make it sound respectable. I´m sure it will sound great on cd, and I dont doubt that axl will make a great performance on the album. Without technical aids.

But also one of my worst fears is that there will be no rhiad..

Edited by shootingstar

I guess it's gonna have few more industrial rock songs on it.

Axl's a big NIN Fan... I think he wants to go into this direction (songs like Madagascar, CD or Oh My God prove this in my opinion).

But it's probably gonna have tracks like The Blues on it which are more Rock'n'Roll / GnR Style...

Sth for everybody.

Though I don't really care what's on it anymore as long as it comes out with SOMETHING on it :)

Silkworms :confused:

:rofl-lol:

Well.. If IRS is not included on CD :shocked:

It`s true, if that song is on the cd, it would destroy the whole album......

think about it, silkworms on cd :vomit:

Well if you take away some of the background techno crap....it's actually not that bad.....

but the song as it is now.....it could be a ender like my world....a message saying TURN OF THE STEREO!!!!

(just wraped in like a song)

Industrial music, techno and rap... as much as I love rapmusic, this is a GNR album, there shouldn't be any rap.

hahahahhahaha thats funny you said rap music, rap is not music its shit. And gnr is not shit so dont expect anything like it on CD. the worst thing that could happen is if CD does not come out or nothing happens this year thats it.

Industrial music, techno and rap... as much as I love rapmusic, this is a GNR album, there shouldn't be any rap.

hahahahhahaha thats funny you said rap music, rap is not music its shit. And gnr is not shit so dont expect anything like it on CD. the worst thing that could happen is if CD does not come out or nothing happens this year thats it.

:rofl-lol: well put......i was a little scared when i read that Shaquille O'Neil (sp?) rapped in a studio with them...