Worst thing you could imagine on CD

FunkyMonk

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the worst thing that could be on CD if it comes out, in terms of destryoing the album and such?

My worst fear would there being Rap on any parts of it, as i despise any sort of rap.

Any thoughts?

same here. if there is i will put it away and not listen to it again or it being totaly crap like TSI?

SS.

My worst fear is that it's to overproduced and to anal.. It's like a million layers of music everywhere and it's just bloated and yäk!

Good god yeah... Vocals, Lead, Rhythm, Rhythm, Bass, Drums, Keyboard, Axl's Piano.

My Worst fears are...

1)Buckethead's guitar work will be too robitical and fast, plus his solo's will not have the feeling that Slash's did.

2)Some of the material will sound dated as the record has been in production for 7-8 years.

3)The band will fail to find even 75% of the cohesive unity the original group did and the music will suffer because of it, thus making it fail to live up to expectations.

On the flip side

4)Bucketheads work will not be on the album. :(

With Buckethead, I don't know what to expect, yes he is a fucking awesome guitar player, technically he is better than slash. However, can his solos have that feeling that Slash gave Gnr... judging by I.R.S, they may not....

You all made great choices, and I'd have to agree on all of them. The chances of CD being overproduced and/or dated are very high, considering all the money and time spent on 1 project. There will probably be some sort of industrial/techno shit on the album, and we can only hope it doesn't ruin the vibe of the album or diminish the impact of other songs. Hopefully this album will have a specific theme, and Axl wont use too many different styles of music. I would much rather see a ballad heavy CD then an album with a bunch of songs of different styles. But I know one thing: When the official tracklist comes out before the album hits stores and Silkworms is on it, I dont have high hopes for the quality of CD. Silkworms would mean that the album needs filler.

There is no way silkworms makes the tracklisting...

Rhiad and the bedouins will sound good in the studio, with his voice being good. When he sings it live it is a complete mess...

Oh I have to admit I like Rhyadh and Bedouins. That's a cool song but only without that daft beat in the background. The riff is cool.

Read the Dizzy interview posted by Madagascar88 he said that Silkworms wont be on Chinese Democracy.

But industrial rock is lame. I kinda hope for stuff similar to Locomotive.

The worst thing i could imagine was simply if it didnt sound remotely like guns n roses. I know the people are different and i know axl said in the interveiw thing that it might not sound like guns n roses, but i really wanna hear a lil biut of similarity between the old and new, although i hope it has progressed a bit.

What is the worst thing that could be on CD if it comes out, in terms of destryoing the album and such?

My worst fear would there being Rap on any parts of it, as i despise any sort of rap.

Any thoughts?

Yes. If the fans are fearing Axl rapping on the record, it's a testament to how Axl has left us all wondering what the fuck we're supposed to expect.