Zero Tollerance

W. Axl Kev

Hey

Being that it is clear Axl and the boys will be back sooner rather than later I suggest a new forum policy. In essence - No bashing of the new members. Despite Axl saying 5 years ago that he was not going on the internet, he clearly will. New members will be checking out the forum to get fan feedback, if they are seeing themselves being ridiculed etc. it will bring down their confidence and the last thing we want at this point is a member leaving over pressure.

So I say we forbid bashing of new members with consequences. We want to support this new era of Guns N' Roses.

Any thoughts?

W. Axl Kev

not a fan of luiz eh??

shame :no:

Who the hell is luiz?

The "please come to mexico" thread. Check in upcoming concerts. For me, that thread lost its humour after one read.

I think that the mods have already shown their feelings on this idea when they requested kaneda and a few others not to post their thoughts in discussion and news anymore. I think overtime the mods may become even stricter on this and any Guns N' Roses member bashing will not be prohibited. I don't get why people come and slag off the band they "apparently" love anyways.

As much as I occasionally get annoyed by some members making fun of each other (I say "occasionally" because lots of times it's just playful and nothing serious is meant by it), I'd never even attempt to deny them their right to do so - freedom of speech and all. Even more so because I know that prohibiting things in this way never stops where it had been intended to.

And all these restrictions to what kind of an opinion a member may or may not post (as in the case of "controversial" viewpoints of certain members) wouldn't be in the spirit of GN'R, now would it?

As much as I occasionally get annoyed by some members making fun of each other (I say "occasionally" because lots of times it's just playful and nothing serious is meant by it), I'd never even attempt to deny them their right to do so - freedom of speech and all. Even more so because I know that prohibiting things in this way never stops where it had been intended to.

And all these restrictions to what kind of an opinion a member may or may not post (as in the case of "controversial" viewpoints of certain members) wouldn't be in the spirit of GN'R, now would it?

Still you can have an "controversial" opinion and show it in a smart and respectfull way .

I mean saying stuff like "axl sucks" or "fuck axl" is nothing , shows no valid point .You can not like the new band that's up to your taste ...or you can like some old members more than others . You are allowed to show your points of course , but in a healthy and smart way .....im sure people can find comments more valid and interesting than "axl can go fuck himself " sthat kind of stuff we read here lots of times :rolleyes:

Still you can have an "controversial" opinion and show it in a smart and respectfull way .

I mean saying stuff like "axl sucks" or "fuck axl" is nothing , shows no valid point .You can not like the new band that's up to your taste ...or you can like some old members more than others . You are allowed to show your points of course , but in a healthy and smart way .....im sure people can find comments more valid and interesting than "axl can go fuck himself " sthat kind of stuff we read here lots of times :rolleyes:

rock3

Oh, of course - that's what I was talking about! rock4 I just didn't feel like explicitly pointing it out :rolleyes: Some posts like the ones you mention could even be called spam <_<

Suggestions are always welcome.

In this case, the suggestion you made already exists in the Forum Rules #10 and the moderating team is doing a fine job of intelligently moderating threads.

Right cool. I never saw that. Cheers admin. You can lock this if you like. But I'm gonna be posting a pro-Nu GN'R thread in news and discussion.

Kev....having so little confidence in the release of the album, asaying that you'll eat your hat? Yeah....might be considered Axl bashing. Shot yourself in the foot didnt you....SNAP!

I don't think so. He had little confidence in Chinese Democracy but he put his points across in a sensible and intelligent manner. I don't think it is Axl bashing at all. Can you blame someone for having little faith in an album after this long? No.

The issue at point here is fans that just come onto the messageboard and just complain about the band members ability and style. I am tired of seeing all these "Finck is a goth!" threads. Who cares? All that matters is that he can play some kickass music. Discussion and News is for members who support the new band. Kev supports the new band, he would love to see Chinese Democracy come out but he had little faith in it. So a Guns basher I think not.

If you're not a supporter of the new band then you shouldn't go and post in there.

As a newbie (to this forum) I think that a 'no newbie bashing' rule would be cool - might mean that I would've posted more than ten posts in four months of membership :scared:

There is already a rule in effect,

1) Be polite and respect other members and point of views, harassment will not tolerated

I think 'newbie' bashing is very pointless since we've all posted an old topic, discussed old issues from time to time. All this bashing is doing is putting off people like yourself from posting more often. Treat others as you would wish to be treated :)