=Chinese Democracy=

sweetness

This is my first post here, so bear with me.

I have been hearing about this Chinese Democracy CD for a long time and I have been hearing all kinds of stuff about it. Somebody told me it was going to be a techno CD and the songs would be like My World from Use your Ilussion II. That would suck, hopefully somebody else agrees, because My World is a terrible song.

I also heard it was going to be all about politics, like Green Day's American Idiot or System of a Down's Mesmorized. In my opinion, that would suck also. I'm not too thrilled with the direction Rock has been going within the past few years with all of this "Bush is dumb, War is evil" crap. Whatever happend to sex, dugs, and Rock N' Roll? Hopefully Chinese Democracy doesnt contribute to this political music trend, if it ever comes out. Guns N' Roses is above that.

Im guessing you guys know way more than my friends. Maybe you guys can lighten this up for me. :)

cd wont be techno or rap....

maybe with some industrial staff...

here is what axl said on 13.yanuary 2006

"It's a very complex record," says Rose."I'm trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen. Some people are going to say, 'It doesn't sound like Axl Rose, it doesn't sound like Guns n' Roses.'" He then smiles and adds, "But you'll like at least a few songs on there."

and you could listen to songs played 2001/2002

chinese democracy;oh my god;madagascar;the blues

You guys are funny, sorry but I cant say I know what to expect. After all, Axl is old as hell now with a new face and a new voice, Slash is gone, and the Guns N' Roses name is currently liveing off of a lineup that seems to change every month.

Bands are known to do wierd shit, remember when Kiss came out with a disco record? Come on guys, cut me some slack.

Edited by sweetness

You guys are funny, sorry but I cant say I know what to expect. After all, Axl is old as hell now with a new face and a new voice, Slash is gone, and the Guns N' Roses name is currently liveing off of a lineup that seems to change every month.

Bands are known to do wierd shit, remember when Kiss came out with a disco record? Come on guys, cut me some slack.

Based on the material we've heard,.. expect an album not too different from the Use Your Illusion discs.

Which begs the question,..

If the last straw that broke Guns N' Roses was a dissension on the musical direction, why is Axl releasing an album that doesn't deviate from the original band's sound?

Until the release, we'll wait and see just how diverse this album is -- if it is, of course..

-Kickingthehabit

Axl is old as hell

44 years is not old :drevil:

now with a new face

his face is same.you cant expect same axl from 1987 :drevil:

and a new voice,

so what?his voice suits good on new songs like madagascar and the blues

Slash is gone,

so?:rolleyes:

lineup that seems to change every month.

lineup changed only once,when buckethead left the band

Bands are known to do wierd shit, remember when Kiss came out with a disco record?

let them do what they want to do

if you are a fan,then you'll support band

if you dont like it,do not listen to it :rolleyes:

For a rocker, it is.

He had plastic surgery

Slash is a legendary guitar player. Hes way cooler than Buckethead ever was.

true.

Im talking about not knowing what to expect. When I asked for some insight, some of you guys were assholes about it. Im not talking about likeing/dislikeing GN'R.

Edited by sweetness

44 years old is not really that old, their are people older then Axl that are still rocken and kicken.

yes he most likey had some plastic surgery, But as long as he dosn't get any more and keeps his berd, he looks alot better. But he is still AXL ROSE!! The voice is really good sounding, it might not be the same as it was back in AFD, but as you get old your voice changes and hes is alittle better. Slash was a good, but so is Buckethead, they both have diffrenet syles. But in the end i beleive that Buckethead is better. The lineup has changed with Buckethead, But you never know, he could come back. Yes bands do weird shit, but it happens all the type, more often then we know. But all that matters is that we have Axl Rose, cause he is one of the best lead singers of all time. As for letting them do what they want to do. I understand that GnR isn't the same GnR from AFD time. But i beleive in this band, i beleive in AXL, hes DA Man, if anyone can pull this off, he sure the hell can. So you can support AXL and the new GnR....or "shrugs" go support VR.

Edited by Mister_Smiley

Axl is old as hell

For a rocker, it is.

now with a new face

He had plastic surgery

and a new voice,

Slash is gone,

true

Bands are known to do wierd shit, remember when Kiss came out with a disco record?

I talking about not knowing what to expect. When I asked for some insight, some of you guys were assholes about it.

-44, old as hell for a rocker? Mick Jagger. Paul McCartney... in their 60's. David Bowie, Steven Tyler, Sting... in their 50's. Bono, Bon Jovi... in their 40's. The list goes on and on. Don't be so naive.

-Axl had plastic surgery? Provide some proof. He looks like a 44 year old man to me, and I see no signs of plastic surgery. Do you also believe the Apollo missions were faked? Don't believe everything you hear. Don't be so naive.

-Voice sounds different? I thought you didn't hear anything or know anything? How do you know his voice sounds different? Listen to IRS. Sounds like the Axl of the Appetite era to me.

- Slash is a legendary guitar player? A lot cooler than Buckethead? You nailed that one right on the fucking head. Way to go. One point for you, sir. However, Slash and the rest of the guys left the band to do the same-old same-old. The new band has been together now for nearly as long as the original band, and besides BH leaving (thank god), the lineup hasn't changed any in years. Wait until you hear the new album before passing judgement on the new guys.

- Expect something huge, or a complete flop out of the album. It has become the most anticipated album of all time... arguably. Even if it's a mainstream success, critics might downplay that because they've expected more. Apparently, they've done a lot of orchastrative things to the album, so expect a lot of epics. Axl said 'The Blues' and 'Madagascar' aren't even big dogs, and many will agree both are 'top-ten' contenders. IRS has a rock/industrial feel to it. Everyone who has worked on the album over the course of the last 4 years who have spoken have said the songs are amazing, every one of them. I'm expecting nothing short of a trend setting/experimental success like Dark Side Of The Moon was back in its time, followed by one or two more album releases in a 4 year span. Seems like Axl is putting together something to retire on... and with 36 songs in the bucket, and god knows how many more experimental tunes they have in the vault, they could be releasing B-sides and all sorts of shit long after Axl dies (which hopefully won't be anytime soon). When GNR releases CD, I expect them to not only climb to the top, quickly, but stay there for 12 years or more.

If that doesn't happen, life will go on.

Next time, I suggest you do a little mroe research on a board like this before posting something which basically asks: "Can anybody explain to me in one post what every other thread talks about on this forum."

Sorry if some people are assholes, but your question was pretty ignorant.

Edited by Matt13

There have been several lineup changes though guys, depending on how far back you want to go.

Don't forget that Duff didn't leave until 1997, so he was there for Robin Finck, as well as Chris Vrenna who was the "new" drummer back then.

Robin came then left, then came back, Josh Freese was in the band for a while, then replaced by Brain, Paul Huge was replaced by Richard Fortus, and of course Buckethead.

Axl is old as hell

For a rocker, it is.

now with a new face

He had plastic surgery

and a new voice,

Slash is gone,

true

I talking about not knowing what to expect. When I asked for some insight, some of you guys were assholes about it.

-44, old as hell for a rocker? Mick Jagger. Paul McCartney... in their 60's. David Bowie, Steven Tyler, Sting... in their 50's. Bono, Bon Jovi... in their 40's. The list goes on and on. Don't be so naive.

-Axl had plastic surgery? Provide some proof. He looks like a 44 year old man to me, and I see no signs of plastic surgery. Do you also believe the Apollo missions were faked? Don't believe everything you hear. Don't be so naive.

-Voice sounds different? I thought you didn't hear anything or know anything? How do you know his voice sounds different? Listen to IRS. Sounds like the Axl of the Appetite era to me.

- Slash is a legendary guitar player? A lot cooler than Buckethead? You nailed that one right on the fucking head. Way to go. One point for you, sir. However, Slash and the rest of the guys left the band to do the same-old same-old. The new band has been together now for nearly as long as the original band, and besides BH leaving (thank god), the lineup hasn't changed any in years. Wait until you hear the new album before passing judgement on the new guys.

- Expect something huge, or a complete flop out of the album. It has become the most anticipated album of all time... arguably. Even if it's a mainstream success, critics might downplay that because they've expected more. Apparently, they've done a lot of orchastrative things to the album, so expect a lot of epics. Axl said 'The Blues' and 'Madagascar' aren't even big dogs, and many will agree both are 'top-ten' contenders. IRS has a rock/industrial feel to it. Everyone who has worked on the album over the course of the last 4 years who have spoken have said the songs are amazing, every one of them. I'm expecting nothing short of a trend setting/experimental success like Dark Side Of The Moon was back in its time, followed by one or two more album releases in a 4 year span. Seems like Axl is putting together something to retire on... and with 36 songs in the bucket, and god knows how many more experimental tunes they have in the vault, they could be releasing B-sides and all sorts of shit long after Axl dies (which hopefully won't be anytime soon). When GNR releases CD, I expect them to not only climb to the top, quickly, but stay there for 12 years or more.

If that doesn't happen, life will go on.

Next time, I suggest you do a little mroe research on a board like this before posting something which basically asks: "Can anybody explain to me in one post what every other thread talks about on this forum."

Sorry if some people are assholes, but your question was pretty ignorant.

dude dont be an asshole he is new

Yeah, you got that sweetness? When you join a forum you're suppossd to know everything about everything. :rolleyes: And don't even think about having your own opinion... :no: Welcome! :)

Awww come on , dont scare the kid .Is not that bad ......well not always :unsure:

*Whatever happend to sex, dugs, and Rock N' Roll? Hopefully Chinese Democracy doesnt contribute to this political music trend, if it ever comes out. Guns N' Roses is above that.

Hmm i think one of the things that made GNR different from lot of the 80 rock bands , is that they werent only about those things . Yes lot of songs talked about that but with a different meaning ...they didnt say "yeah drugs is cool do it " they say " we do drugs , everybody does , and thats how the world is fucked up" at least thats what always sounded to me . They just talked about what they did , but didn't try to make it look cool ...they just showed what they were . Probably thats what made GNR so badass, they didnt have to force some "atittude" ...because they really were junkie , crazy ..

Plus music, in fact in all ways of art is quite natural you talk about stuff going on in the world.The true is the best songs ever , the greatest hits are about the visions of some problems in the world .

Oh and lets not forget that in the past GNR did songs like Civil war ..dont you think thats something political about it ?

So i imagine Axl will have some interesting words to say about some actual events :) yup the expectation is killing me

*Whatever happend to sex, dugs, and Rock N' Roll? Hopefully Chinese Democracy doesnt contribute to this political music trend, if it ever comes out. Guns N' Roses is above that.

Hmm i think one of the things that made GNR different from lot of the 80 rock bands , is that they werent only about those things . Yes lot of songs talked about that but with a different meaning ...they didnt say "yeah drugs is cool do it " they say " we do drugs , everybody does , and thats how the world is fucked up" at least thats what always sounded to me . They just talked about what they did , but didn't try to make it look cool ...they just showed what they were . Probably thats what made GNR so badass, they didnt have to force some "atittude" ...because they really were junkie , crazy ..

Thats one misconception I always correct people on: appart from Nightrain (which is only about alcohol anyway) none of GNR's songs ever actually say anything about drugs being 'cool' or a good idea or anything like that.

Most of them, Mr Brownstone, Bad Obession, Crash Diet etc. are actually more anti-drugs than anything.

As for CD no one really knows what to expect. We've heard all kinds of diffrent things from all kinds of sources, even Axl himself has changed his desciptions of it over the years.

Best thing you could do for now would probably be to track down some of the new songs from the 2001/2 tour. If you can't find them I'll upload them for you.

But ultimately I think we just have to wait until the album actually comes out because I really hope Axl has actually been working on the songs since the tour, which would mean they'll sound a lot diffrent.

Personally I'm going to wait until it comes out and then listen to it and decide wether I want to buy it or not.

Dude, if I went onto a major league sports franchise website and wanted to check out some stats, I'd go to the statistics page. If I wanted a player bio, I'd go to the player bio page. If I wanted to read about news related to the team, I'd go to the news section. If I had some questions that might be pretty common to everyone else, I'd go to the FAQ page. If I didn't find the info I wanted, then I would go to the forum and ask some questions.

Same thing here. If I was new to the world of GNR (or re-interested after 10 years) and wanted to check out some facts about the album with simple common questions, I'd go to the FAQ section. If I wanted to know what's new in the world of GNR w/o the BS, I'd go to the Newswire section. If I wanted to hear some of the new stuff, I'd go to the Downloads section. Then, after exhausting all of those options, if I still had some questions or wanted to make some educated remarks about what I'd learned, THEN I'd go to the forum and ask some worthwhile questions. That's how the forum is designed, with different sections clearly marked for the dumbest of people to read and understand which is meant to eliminate stupid posts like this that just clutter the place up.

At the root of this thread is laziness. At the root of laziness is usually ignorance. At the root of ignorance is stupidity. 5 minutes of surfing this site, and this guy could have had answers to all of his questions.

End of story.

Jesus, you guys are nuts. Why so much controversy? You try to make it sound like I hate GNR and that I dont know what I'm talking about.

To the guy who wanted proof of Axls plastic sergury...

Axl's Face Lift

I dont think its that important, but somebody asked for proof.

Look, in my opinion, Slash is way better than Buckethead, so let me have that opinion and let it be. Im not right or wrong. You can disagree with it, but dont let it piss you off.

Sorry for asking about the new CD, I didnt expect anybody to get angry about it or to make fun of me. I mean, this is a GNR forum and were all fans, so lets get along.

Dude, if I went onto a major league sports franchise website and wanted to check out some stats, I'd go to the statistics page. If I wanted a player bio, I'd go to the player bio page. If I wanted to read about news related to the team, I'd go to the news section. If I had some questions that might be pretty common to everyone else, I'd go to the FAQ page. If I didn't find the info I wanted, then I would go to the forum and ask some questions.

Same thing here. If I was new to the world of GNR (or re-interested after 10 years) and wanted to check out some facts about the album with simple common questions, I'd go to the FAQ section. If I wanted to know what's new in the world of GNR w/o the BS, I'd go to the Newswire section. If I wanted to hear some of the new stuff, I'd go to the Downloads section. Then, after exhausting all of those options, if I still had some questions or wanted to make some educated remarks about what I'd learned, THEN I'd go to the forum and ask some worthwhile questions. That's how the forum is designed, with different sections clearly marked for the dumbest of people to read and understand which is meant to eliminate stupid posts like this that just clutter the place up.

At the root of this thread is laziness. At the root of laziness is usually ignorance. At the root of ignorance is stupidity. 5 minutes of surfing this site, and this guy could have had answers to all of his questions.

End of story.

Well thats you, somebody with time on your hands. I dont have time to surf the site, so I post something and check the site every once in a while to see whats up. If you dont like that, you could kiss my ass.

Axl's Face Lift

its ok that you ask, i dont see the problem with that guys... if you dont want to answer him, dont do it, dont be mad, someone with more patience will do it if you dont...

well that what think.....

and about the picture... did you see the last pics from AXL? from january 13, i mean, this year... :book:

i mean this...

9155684-9155687-slarge.jpg

nowandthen.jpg

montagem9ox.jpg

Agustin

Edited by Argentina Roses

Thats one misconception I always correct people on: appart from Nightrain (which is only about alcohol anyway)

no nighttrain is about drugs and alcohol "got a rattlesnake suitcase under my arm" is about heroin, and flying like an airplane feelin like a space brain one more time tonight.... im thinkin thats about cocain and booze. so its not only bout booze. just wanting to make that strait lol. believe what you ant though

Axl's Face Lift

its ok that you ask, i dont see the problem with that guys... if you dont want to answer him, dont do it, dont be mad, someone with more patience will do it if you dont...

well that what think.....

and about the picture... did you see the last pics from AXL? from january 13, i mean, this year... :book:

i mean this...

9155684-9155687-slarge.jpg

nowandthen.jpg

montagem9ox.jpg

Agustin

Yeah I saw the pictures. His face doesnt really matter to me, but he did have segury on it and I find that kind of wierd. Just thought I would throw it out there. So are these guys usually this hostile?

Sweetness...expect an evolution of the Use Your Illusion sound with a few nu-metal & loop tricks. Songwriting has been done in sections, so structure on most songs - minus The Blues and Madagascar - exhibit odd pacing, specifically too little or too much of a sequence. Work on songs has been sporadic, especially since the firing of the last known producer, Roy Thomas Baker (Queen, Journey, The Darkness). One major problem, according to some accounts, has been Axl Rose's lack of vocal recordings as well as his distant participation and poor communication with the "band." On that note, realize this is more of a grouping of session musicians than an actual band.

For your own reference, download live versions of Chinese Democracy, The Blues, Riyadh and the Bedouins, and Madagascar. A demo version of IRS was leaked to the radio and subsequently recorded and leaked to the internet in a 3:39 clip with poor sound quality. It is not clear when this demo was recorded and if a final version has been made. The cut requires several listens to hear the actual song, which IMO sounds like a bunch of mismatched sequences thrown together in some disillusioned format. If the set sees the light of day, look out for the "big guns" including song titles Prostitute and There Was a Time, the former being heavily boasted by initial collaborator Youth. Additional confirmed song titles include Better, The General, Thyme, Leave Me Alone, Seven, This I Love, Silkworms, Oklahoma, and Catcher in the Rye. Both The General, Thyme, Leave Me Alone, and Seven had no vocals in late 2002, after Baker left the project. This I Love is a "simple piano ballad" which was part of earlier recordings and was nearly on the What Dreams May Come soundtrack. An instrumental version of Oklahoma was first heard in a 1999 interview with Rolling Stone and is debated to have been renamed as the aforementioned "Riyadh." It can be assumed that Catcher in the Rye did contain vocals but it is not clear if the Sean Beavan version made Baker's cut for re-recording.

News has also been sporadic as Axl has all of his employees sign confidentiality contracts. He also pays his musicians very well. Additionally, the musicians have mostly finished the bulk of their recordings and have not been kept in the loop...so interviews with them have given us hints but no solid answers. If you want to follow the project's "progress," read back articles on heretodaygonetohell.com, especially articles from Rolling Stone and the New York Times. These boards are useful for the latest gossip, mainly from those who weren't required to keep their mouths shut (outside musicians, such as Alice Cooper, Giorgio Moroder, and Paul Buckmaster). Avoid every rumor you see. The last one to be true was the appearance at the VMAs as reported by Buckethead's fan newsletter.

And keep it real buddy...