=Chinese Democracy=

sweetness

To the guy who wanted proof of Axls plastic sergury...

Axl's Face Lift

I dont think its that important, but somebody asked for proof.

its ok that you ask, i dont see the problem with that guys... if you dont want to answer him, dont do it, dont be mad, someone with more patience will do it if you dont...

well that what think.....

and about the picture... did you see the last pics from AXL? from january 13, i mean, this year... :book:

i mean this...

9155684-9155687-slarge.jpg

nowandthen.jpg

montagem9ox.jpg

Agustin

Yeah I saw the pictures. His face doesnt really matter to me, but he did have segury on it and I find that kind of wierd. Just thought I would throw it out there. So are these guys usually this hostile?

yes... i have no idea why, but sometimes some of them get angry for nothing... :question:

but, who cares... there is a lot of cool and kind people here... so, welcome to the forum dude! :)

i dont know if you have readed this... its interesting, the lasts words we "heard" from Axl ;)

"People will hear music this year," says Axl Rose, puffing on a cigar in the early hours of Saturday morning at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery.

The notoriously reclusive rocker is of course referring to Guns n' Roses' decade-in-the-making Chinese Democracy, arguably the most anticipated album in rock & roll history. "It's a very complex record," says Rose, a surprise guest at Korn's tour announcement bash. (Others in the house: Jessica Alba, cast members of The OC, and members of Linkin Park, Good Charlotte and the Used.) "I'm trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen. Some people are going to say, 'It doesn't sound like Axl Rose, it doesn't sound like Guns n' Roses.'" He then smiles and adds, "But you'll like at least a few songs on there."

Dressed in a Toronto Maple Leafs jersey, cross hanging around his neck, cornrows still intact and sporting a blonde goatee, Rose strolled into the party around 1 a.m., just as the DJ was coincidentally rocking some vintage Gn'R. Approached by a steady stream of women and hard-rock disciples -- including Puddle of Mudd's Wes Scantlin and Papa Roach's Dave Buckner -- Rose is cordial and chatty as he poses for photo after photo. He seems more like an average guy out for a night with friends than the most mythical rock star on the planet in 2006.

And he maintains that that's exactly what he is. "The only time people ever write about me is when I go out to a strip club, because I don't chase the paparazzi down," he says. And, when he's out of the spotlight, Rose says you'll find him doing average-guy stuff: reading books and watching movies. His favorite book is Philip K. Dick's A Scanner Darkly. "I was a little scared when I saw they were making it into a movie starring Keanu [Reeves]," he says. "But I guess if he can handle The Matrix, he can do this."

While Rose and his revolving cast of Gn'R bandmates have been working on Chinese Democracy, Papa Roach have achieved platinum status in their own right. But tonight, their drummer reverts to his teenage fan days, asking Rose for a picture and to guest on Papa Roach's next album. Rose strikes a pose and then graciously refers the fellow rocker to his management.

After all, before he lends his talents to others' projects, Rose has one of his own to finish, and he says it's getting there. "We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done," he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album. Among Rose's favorites are "Better," "There Was a Time" and "The Blues."

As for a reunion with his former Gn'R mates, that seems unlikely. "I haven't spoken to Slash in ten years," Rose says. "I love the guy, I always wanted everyone to know how great he was, but.... I was just talking to Izzy the other day though."

However, he hints that you could see the current incarnation of Gn'R back out on the road soon. "Every time there's a big festival announced, we get rumored to be on there," he says. "But we'll see what happens."

One thing's for sure: Everyone will be watching.

STEVE BALTIN

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/9155514

Agustin

Sweetness...expect an evolution of the Use Your Illusion sound with a few nu-metal & loop tricks. Songwriting has been done in sections, so structure on most songs - minus The Blues and Madagascar - exhibit odd pacing, specifically too little or too much of a sequence. Work on songs has been sporadic, especially since the firing of the last known producer, Roy Thomas Baker (Queen, Journey, The Darkness). One major problem, according to some accounts, has been Axl Rose's lack of vocal recordings as well as his distant participation and poor communication with the "band." On that note, realize this is more of a grouping of session musicians than an actual band.

For your own reference, download live versions of Chinese Democracy, The Blues, Riyadh and the Bedouins, and Madagascar. A demo version of IRS was leaked to the radio and subsequently recorded and leaked to the internet in a 3:39 clip with poor sound quality. It is not clear when this demo was recorded and if a final version has been made. The cut requires several listens to hear the actual song, which IMO sounds like a bunch of mismatched sequences thrown together in some disillusioned format. If the set sees the light of day, look out for the "big guns" including song titles Prostitute and There Was a Time, the former being heavily boasted by initial collaborator Youth. Additional confirmed song titles include Better, The General, Thyme, Leave Me Alone, Seven, This I Love, Silkworms, Oklahoma, and Catcher in the Rye. Both The General, Thyme, Leave Me Alone, and Seven had no vocals in late 2002, after Baker left the project. This I Love is a "simple piano ballad" which was part of earlier recordings and was nearly on the What Dreams May Come soundtrack. An instrumental version of Oklahoma was first heard in a 1999 interview with Rolling Stone and is debated to have been renamed as the aforementioned "Riyadh." It can be assumed that Catcher in the Rye did contain vocals but it is not clear if the Sean Beavan version made Baker's cut for re-recording.

News has also been sporadic as Axl has all of his employees sign confidentiality contracts. He also pays his musicians very well. Additionally, the musicians have mostly finished the bulk of their recordings and have not been kept in the loop...so interviews with them have given us hints but no solid answers. If you want to follow the project's "progress," read back articles on heretodaygonetohell.com, especially articles from Rolling Stone and the New York Times. These boards are useful for the latest gossip, mainly from those who weren't required to keep their mouths shut (outside musicians, such as Alice Cooper, Giorgio Moroder, and Paul Buckmaster). Avoid every rumor you see. The last one to be true was the appearance at the VMAs as reported by Buckethead's fan newsletter.

And keep it real buddy...

Thank you! Im glad to see a few people here have developed social skills. Maybe all the kids are in bed right now...

I like the sound of that, I love the Use Your Ilusion albums. But Im not a huge fan of the new lineup, I guess Ill learn to like them a little more, as this seems to be the only place to hear new GN'R music.

Thanks for not being a dick.

Axl's Face Lift

its ok that you ask, i dont see the problem with that guys... if you dont want to answer him, dont do it, dont be mad, someone with more patience will do it if you dont...

well that what think.....

and about the picture... did you see the last pics from AXL? from january 13, i mean, this year... :book:

i mean this...

9155684-9155687-slarge.jpg

nowandthen.jpg

montagem9ox.jpg

Agustin

Yeah I saw the pictures. His face doesnt really matter to me, but he did have segury on it and I find that kind of wierd. Just thought I would throw it out there. So are these guys usually this hostile?

yes... i have no idea why, but sometimes some of them get angry for nothing... :question:

but, who cares... there is a lot of cool and kind people here... so, welcome to the forum dude! :)

i dont know if you have readed this... its interesting, the lasts words we "heard" from Axl ;)

"People will hear music this year," says Axl Rose, puffing on a cigar in the early hours of Saturday morning at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery.

The notoriously reclusive rocker is of course referring to Guns n' Roses' decade-in-the-making Chinese Democracy, arguably the most anticipated album in rock & roll history. "It's a very complex record," says Rose, a surprise guest at Korn's tour announcement bash. (Others in the house: Jessica Alba, cast members of The OC, and members of Linkin Park, Good Charlotte and the Used.) "I'm trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen. Some people are going to say, 'It doesn't sound like Axl Rose, it doesn't sound like Guns n' Roses.'" He then smiles and adds, "But you'll like at least a few songs on there."

Dressed in a Toronto Maple Leafs jersey, cross hanging around his neck, cornrows still intact and sporting a blonde goatee, Rose strolled into the party around 1 a.m., just as the DJ was coincidentally rocking some vintage Gn'R. Approached by a steady stream of women and hard-rock disciples -- including Puddle of Mudd's Wes Scantlin and Papa Roach's Dave Buckner -- Rose is cordial and chatty as he poses for photo after photo. He seems more like an average guy out for a night with friends than the most mythical rock star on the planet in 2006.

And he maintains that that's exactly what he is. "The only time people ever write about me is when I go out to a strip club, because I don't chase the paparazzi down," he says. And, when he's out of the spotlight, Rose says you'll find him doing average-guy stuff: reading books and watching movies. His favorite book is Philip K. Dick's A Scanner Darkly. "I was a little scared when I saw they were making it into a movie starring Keanu [Reeves]," he says. "But I guess if he can handle The Matrix, he can do this."

While Rose and his revolving cast of Gn'R bandmates have been working on Chinese Democracy, Papa Roach have achieved platinum status in their own right. But tonight, their drummer reverts to his teenage fan days, asking Rose for a picture and to guest on Papa Roach's next album. Rose strikes a pose and then graciously refers the fellow rocker to his management.

After all, before he lends his talents to others' projects, Rose has one of his own to finish, and he says it's getting there. "We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done," he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album. Among Rose's favorites are "Better," "There Was a Time" and "The Blues."

As for a reunion with his former Gn'R mates, that seems unlikely. "I haven't spoken to Slash in ten years," Rose says. "I love the guy, I always wanted everyone to know how great he was, but.... I was just talking to Izzy the other day though."

However, he hints that you could see the current incarnation of Gn'R back out on the road soon. "Every time there's a big festival announced, we get rumored to be on there," he says. "But we'll see what happens."

One thing's for sure: Everyone will be watching.

STEVE BALTIN

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/9155514

Agustin

Yeah dude, I read that earlier today.

Its weird how people can get pissed over a simple question about GNR. Oh well, the world is full of assholes. Thanks for not being one.

Edited by sweetness

Thank you! Its glad to see a few people here have developed social skills. Maybe all the kids are in bed right now...

I like the sound of that, I love the Use Your Ilusion albums. But Im not a huge fan of the new lineup, I guess Ill learn to like them a little more, as this seems to be the only place to hear new GN'R music.

Thanks for not being a dick.

have you heard the "new" songs? if you dont i can send you a pm with them in a few minutes (yousendit.com) , good live versions of course...

i felt like you at the begining... but, with time, saw videos of some of the 2002 shows, downloaded lots of mp3, i learned to like em... Finck is great for me, Fortus have a lot of attitude, Brain plays like a god, Tommy is cool, Dizzy is ok, and then... AXL, it takes me a lot of time to like his actual voice... but now i love it! :wub:

see ya!

Agustin

Jesus, you guys are nuts. Why so much controversy? You try to make it sound like I hate GNR and that I dont know what I'm talking about.

Axl's Face Lift

Look, in my opinion, Slash is way better than Buckethead, so let me have that opinion and let it be. Im not right or wrong. You can disagree with it, but dont let it piss you off.

Sorry for asking about the new CD, I didnt expect anybody to get angry about it or to make fun of me. I mean, this is a GNR forum and were all fans, so lets get along.

dude dont be an asshole he is new

Dude, if I went onto a major league sports franchise website and wanted to check out some stats, I'd go to the statistics page. If I wanted a player bio, I'd go to the player bio page. If I wanted to read about news related to the team, I'd go to the news section. If I had some questions that might be pretty common to everyone else, I'd go to the FAQ page. If I didn't find the info I wanted, then I would go to the forum and ask some questions.

Same thing here. If I was new to the world of GNR (or re-interested after 10 years) and wanted to check out some facts about the album with simple common questions, I'd go to the FAQ section. If I wanted to know what's new in the world of GNR w/o the BS, I'd go to the Newswire section. If I wanted to hear some of the new stuff, I'd go to the Downloads section. Then, after exhausting all of those options, if I still had some questions or wanted to make some educated remarks about what I'd learned, THEN I'd go to the forum and ask some worthwhile questions. That's how the forum is designed, with different sections clearly marked for the dumbest of people to read and understand which is meant to eliminate stupid posts like this that just clutter the place up.

At the root of this thread is laziness. At the root of laziness is usually ignorance. At the root of ignorance is stupidity. 5 minutes of surfing this site, and this guy could have had answers to all of his questions.

End of story.

Well thats you, somebody with time on your hands. I dont have time to surf the site, so I post something and check the site every once in a while to see whats up. If you dont like that, you could kiss my ass.

Okay, dumb ass. What you did was like going onto an Elvis forum and asking people there if he's dead. With one click to the FAQ section, the same amount of time it would have taken to come to the forum, you would have had all the answers you were looking for AND, you wouldn't have had to type anything. So your lazy ass actually did more work than it had to because you must be stupid.

Finally, you call that website you linked to proof that Axl had plastic surgery?! You're fucking kidding me, right? That's like saying Martians implanted a microscopic probe in Bill Clinton's ass, and it's true because the National Enquirer says so. So if you saw this...

http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicapollo.html

... would you believe it?

Refer to: At the root of ignorance is stupidity.

The forum has enough pointless/stupid posts as it is. This one takes the weekly cake.

You guys are funny, sorry but I cant say I know what to expect. After all, Axl is old as hell now with a new face and a new voice, Slash is gone, and the Guns N' Roses name is currently liveing off of a lineup that seems to change every month.

Bands are known to do wierd shit, remember when Kiss came out with a disco record? Come on guys, cut me some slack.

Based on the material we've heard,.. expect an album not too different from the Use Your Illusion discs.

Which begs the question,..

If the last straw that broke Guns N' Roses was a dissension on the musical direction, why is Axl releasing an album that doesn't deviate from the original band's sound?

Until the release, we'll wait and see just how diverse this album is -- if it is, of course..

-Kickingthehabit

UYI was way different than AFD, and Slash didn't like it much. I remember a quote in an interview when he said "You can only be satisfied playing Jungle so many times" referring to his dissatisfaction with Axl's musical direction.

Harty hah hah... I love seeing people get defensive... so funny

Sweetness don't worry bout everyone being dicks

Slash is a million times better than Bucket

And the album will be different to latter albums in the sense that it will have more industrial/computer feel but that is the way alot of rock albums are.... i dont think its magnified on changing the sound... the songs will have the same rock feel and sound... but with just a bit of technical tweek.

So yeah... welcome to the forum...

And everyone else... grow up and stop defending people you dont even know!

rock3

Edited by Stupid_Moron

I still don't get one point... Why the fuck people care one way or the other if the guy had a plastic surgery or not. It's his business and I couldn't care less if he had surgery. All that matters in the end is that he can still write and sing.

I still don't get one point... Why the f*ck people care one way or the other if the guy had a plastic surgery or not. It's his business and I couldn't care less if he had surgery. All that matters in the end is that he can still write and sing.

well said. it dosent matter about looks just the quality

SS.

total guitar magazine reporrts thatMARCH is the month that chinese democracy is released, this is according to the man who was interviewed for the article - slash!!!

so its on its way ppl!! get ready to be broken down and get ur hed out of the clouds and watch him walkin so proud and talkin so loud

total guitar magazine reporrts thatMARCH is the month that chinese democracy is released, this is according to the man who was interviewed for the article - slash!!!

so its on its way ppl!! get ready to be broken down and get ur hed out of the clouds and watch him walkin so proud and talkin so loud

no it aint. Axl hasnt spoken to slash in 10 years so how would slash know.

SS.

About Axls Sergury, it did happen.

Choose not to believe it, (I dont know why anybody would, its no big deal) but dont get all dramatic over it and result to calling me names if you dont believe it. Unless the website I posted was fake and VH1 lied numerous times, AXL ROSE HAD A FACE LIFT!!!

I dont know why me saying this has pissed people off, I really have no feelings for it. I just thought I would throw it out there.

You guys are funny, sorry but I cant say I know what to expect. After all, Axl is old as hell now with a new face and a new voice, Slash is gone, and the Guns N' Roses name is currently liveing off of a lineup that seems to change every month.

Bands are known to do wierd shit, remember when Kiss came out with a disco record? Come on guys, cut me some slack.

Based on the material we've heard,.. expect an album not too different from the Use Your Illusion discs.

Which begs the question,..

If the last straw that broke Guns N' Roses was a dissension on the musical direction, why is Axl releasing an album that doesn't deviate from the original band's sound?

Until the release, we'll wait and see just how diverse this album is -- if it is, of course..

-Kickingthehabit

UYI was way different than AFD, and Slash didn't like it much. I remember a quote in an interview when he said "You can only be satisfied playing Jungle so many times" referring to his dissatisfaction with Axl's musical direction.

Actually,.. prior to the release of the Illusions, Slash made a comment where he referred to the new material as being "raw and powerful"..

His distaste was Axl's constant overproduction -- the material was too polished, if you will..

This was Guns N' Roses,.. not the New York Philharmonic..

Nevertheless,.. had Slash not provided the string arrangements on the Illusions, songs like November Rain, Coma and Estranged would either not exist, or be forgettable ballads of the 90's..

-Kickingthehabit