More Piano...

sleeping stone

Hi you all!

I was listening to the piano version of November Rain and I was thinking I hope Axl Rose gives us some more beautiful piano ballads, it doesn't have to be like NR or Estranged, but I like the way he plays the piano. I downloaded a lot of pre-NR part of shows and just adore it. (On the other hand I don't know if he can do less than these songs since he's so talented :) !!)

I used to like rock, hard rock and all but getting old I'm delighted with these beautiful parts he plays live.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still love the rocker songs but sometimes some cooler songs would great.. In the new songs, The blues has this wonderful touch, I just hope there will be more on CD.

Anyone with me?

Hi you all!

I was listening to the piano version of November Rain and I was thinking I hope Axl Rose gives us some more beautiful piano ballads, it doesn't have to be like NR or Estranged, but I like the way he plays the piano. I downloaded a lot of pre-NR part of shows and just adore it. (On the other hand I don't know if he can do less than these songs since he's so talented :) !!)

Anyone with me?

yeah, im absolutely with you, my dream would be "its allright" and "dust in the wind" in long versions, also

with guitar solos and so on. stuff like that...and i can't wait to hear the studio version of "the blues".

:):)

I think Axl loves piano balads. When you take a look at his fav band....Queen...You can hear alot of them.

I think the album will contain some classic good balads. And some new experimental stuff. But I don't think he will leave the album with no piano tunes. ;)

I think Axl loves piano balads. When you take a look at his fav band....Queen...You can hear alot of them.

I think the album will contain some classic good balads. And some new experimental stuff. But I don't think he will leave the album with no piano tunes. ;)

I hope so.

I never really thought on what to expect from CD but something tells me it's going to great. Axl said things could sound like Queen, and it's a band that has left a tremendous gap in music industry in my opinion so I think I'll like.

Quoting Sixtus

yeah, im absolutely with you, my dream would be "its allright" and "dust in the wind" in long versions, also

with guitar solos and so on. stuff like that...and i can't wait to hear the studio version of "the blues".

Although both songs are not from Axl Rose, I would like to hear longer version of both too.

Quoting Sixtus

Although both songs are not from Axl Rose, I would like to hear longer version of both too.

yeah but axl decided to play both songs..and his voice and the piano..thats what made them more than special..although the lyrics are great...

Quoting Sixtus

yeah but axl decided to play both songs..and his voice and the piano..thats what made them more than special..although the lyrics are great...

Beyond a shadow of a doubt, Axl always improves a song he covers...

I'm with you. I love piano balades. And I love the way Axl plays the piano. I hope he has more piano balads on C.D. That would make mine day. I would love em. We need more piano ballads. Axl so good at them. You can see he puts his heart into them. :wub:;)

kimberley heart..no one could say that better ! absolutely correct...! axl take care! :);)

I'm with you. I love piano balades. And I love the way Axl plays the piano. I hope he has more piano balads on C.D. That would make mine day. I would love em. We need more piano ballads. Axl so good at them. You can see he puts his heart into them. :wub:;)

Could not have said it better myself

If there is more than 3 pianno based ballads on CD I will be dissapointed. There better be some kickass rockers on it, and try to keep the ballads to the minimum. Although they are great and everything more than 3 or 4 would be an overkill.

I love the heavy rock anthems as well as the piano ballads. Axl has a genuine gift, that even the softest ballad doesn't sound cheesy when he's playing it, 'cause he's an artist, a great poet and a ROCKGOD above all.

Yeah. I always thought that gnr's best rockers were izzy's, but all the best ballads were axls. Stuff like Breakdown and Estranged simply slays Don't Cry - talk about a power ballad by the numbers.

This thread will make the AFD era fans put a shotgun in their mouth.

That being said, several strong piano ballads like Estranged/November Rain/The Blues would be awesome, but I hope they don't become the focus of CD which would be too close to the style of Queen. As long as Axl stays with the program and keeps CD an eclectic but tightly focused group of songs fully exploring the capability of his band, he should be able to deliver an awesome album.

That being said, several strong piano ballads like Estranged/November Rain/The Blues would be awesome, but I hope they don't become the focus of CD which would be too close to the style of Queen. As long as Axl stays with the program and keeps CD an eclectic but tightly focused group of songs fully exploring the capability of his band, he should be able to deliver an awesome album.

Well said.

Thanks Sly, I put down the shotgun :)

mr.Q

Well said.

Thanks Sly, I put down the shotgun :)

mr.Q

My intention with this thread wasn't to get anyone killed or hurt, maybe I didn't say it well, but I'm a huge fan of AFD, no doubt, but I really liked also these ballads that came both on lies (although Patience is full guitar) and UYI. that's only what I meant and recognising to Axl Rose his great talent I simply hope there will be some more of these on the new CD to come.

Really... drop the gun for good!

Edited by sleeping stone