Is Slash Trying To Get Axl's Attention To Talk?

madison

I suspect a couple of things are motivating him.

Here are my top 5 reasons why Slash is "promoting the release":

1. Closure. Guns N' Roses was his life and since he left, CD has yet to be released. Now that it's close, he's excited to hear the results. (He needs it to be out there.)

2. 2007. 20 year anniversary of Appetite. He'd like to cash-in with a reunion tour and never have to think about money again. CD is an impediment. Release of CD gives him the opportunity to congratulate Axl and begin a new and constructive dialogue. (He benefits from having CD out there.)

3. Detox. He's probably not as loaded as he once was (dope and anger). He probably can't remember the stuff that made him angry. He's had a measure of success with Velvet Revolver (plus he's got a family) and now feels comfortable enough to just be supportive. The venom is gone. I think VR helped that. (He's decided to support his old buddy.)

4. Genuine interest. He sees this as strictly the work of Axl and wants to hear the product. Artists like to hear other artist's work. This piece has particular meaning to him and he's not hiding it. (He wants to hear it as much as we do. It's well beyond rivalry at this point.)

5. Favor. Maybe Slash has been told that Axl is afraid of his criticism. By repeatedly loosening his attitude, maybe it's intended to make Axl feel comfortable enough to release it. Maybe Slash is being paid by Axl's label to say these things. :) Maybe his lawyers and/or management have advised him to repeatedly speak kindly. (It helps someone's cause somehow.)

Who knows.

My opinion: No conversation between Slash and Axl will happen before the release——no matter what Slash says.

Your points 3 and 4 are mine too, especially the 3rd one. Seing life clearly allows people to see others clearly.

"support his old buddy" : and admit that this special buddy has known how to make him play the best he's ever played. And allow him to do so due to the wide range of music they played together, they didn't stick to only one music style. (thing that has happened in Contraband to the excedption of a few cooler songs)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic