Is Slash Trying To Get Axl's Attention To Talk?

madison

This is just my perspective, but VR's new CD is due in March, and Slash has said GN'Rs is due in March too. Which, is why the courtcase was postponed. I think they are going to be giving each other a lot of publicity, and just sort out the money issues without making enemies of each other, and I hope, this is the biggest part of speculation on my part, to start a joint world tour, and perhaps think about a reunion

A joint worldtour, hmmm that would be funny. Knowing that VR is playing old GNR songs makes it even more funny.

I think a joint world tour is out of the question

mr.Q

I agree, that would be strange.

But as much as I want a GNR reunion, what about Matt and Dave from VR? Slash, Duff, and Sorum wouldnt just ditch them.

Surely you mean Scott and Dave?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe they are both

just trying to mess

with all your heads?

If so, they succeeded! :lol:

Maybe Slash has secretly re-joined GNR and rerecorded BH guitar parts.That's how he knows when the release is and he is actually promoting himself and his work.

Puts up flame shield and crawls in bunker

:laugh::laugh:

Good one. I'm surprised you haven't been flamed yet. :D

.. I'm surprised too. Especially from a mod who can find out anything she wants to know by simply emailing Merck. She should just ask him instead of asking everyone else.

Well, in case you didn't know, Merck is not Slash's manager. He's Axl's manager. So, it would be rather pointless to ask Merck what Slash's motivations were for talking about CD.

While I do have contacts in the VR camp, I think it's highly unlikely they would want to respond to Slash's comments about Axl's album.

But you raise a good point...why is Slash speaking about it, specifically why spill the beans about a release date? He has to know that GN'R don't want to tell us a release date yet (otherwise they would have). Usually, in a case like this, a guy wouldn't get that specific. He would issue a "no comment" or just say he doesn't know but he's looking forward to it. So, to say it's all because a DJ asked him is not enough. Slash is making a concious decision to get into specifics and give us his opinion of Axl and his album.

Why is indeed the question. But, as you say, for now we can only guess at the answer.

Exactly. This is why I started the thread.

I thought mwillmz offered some interesting theories. :)

Slash mentions Axl.............Axl mentions Slash.............

When they get in the same room as each other and we see an official pic,and they are not showing any hate,then we can definately get our hopes up way high! :) When it comes to GN'R,I have learned,not to hold my breath.Learned that about 14 yrs ago. :rofl-lol:

I was wondering the same thing, why Slash is being so open and specific about the release given Axl's notorious, desired past secrecy with the status. Sure, you have to figure he has some level of inside information if the album is indeed this close to release, but some dynamic appears to have changed to compel Slash to continue commenting as such on Axl's baby.

I don't think it's reunion based, but there's many potential angles, both personal and professional. The one theory I would rule out is Slash trying to make Axl look bad by intentionally planting a premature date as KBear is right that Axl or the record company could easily refute that and put Slash in his place.

The intrigue continues...and BUILDS... :rofl-lol:

Edited by Turn_It_Up

I'm surprised a mod started this thread.

I'm surprised too. Especially from a mod who can find out anything she wants to know by simply emailing Merck. She should just ask him instead of asking everyone else.

I find extremely annoying the fact of posting the same opinion under different nicks. Who do you want to convince Mr. jameslofton ? Doing such comments on the other board would lead you to be banned in a New York minute...

I'm surprised too. Especially from a mod who can find out anything she wants to know by simply emailing Merck. She should just ask him instead of asking everyone else.

I find extremely annoying the fact of posting the same opinion under different nicks. Who do you want to convince Mr. jameslofton ? Doing such comments on the other board would lead you to be banned in a New York minute...

Great to see one of my stalkers following me around. You must think you're clever "outing" me as my real name. Big fucking deal. Quite a few people here have known who I am since I've been here, so you're almost a year late with this info. Maybe Madison will give you reporter status for you being so clever and solving the mystery.

Great to see one of my stalkers following me around. You must think you're clever "outing" me as my real name. Big fucking deal. Quite a few people here have known who I am since I've been here, so you're almost a year late with this info. Maybe Madison will give you reporter status for you being so clever and solving the mystery.

It's not about being clever or getting a status. It's just that you are annoying.

You don't dare to act like that on the other forum because you would be immediately banned. On the contrary, you tend to be a real mods' ass licker when you post there.

It's not about being clever or getting a status. It's just that you are annoying.

You don't dare to act like that on the other forum because you would be immediately banned. On the contrary, you tend to be a real mods' ass licker when you post there.

You're just trying to start an argument, and draw attention to yourself. You're one of those creeps that has started posting there insulting me in almost every thread. Get a life. I act the same on both forums, and you admitted that by saying I post the same opinions under 2 different names. I dont criticize mods at hell because they dont gloat about having inside info. If I'm so annoying, why do you constantly make references about me? If Madison has issues with my opinions, then she has a ban button that she can use at anytime. It should be of no concern to you. You dont feel extremely pathetic following someone from forum to forum criticizing their every word? I'm not wasting anymore time talking to you here. You're a waste of space. Unfortunately, I'm sure I'll be seeing your insults under a different alias in Hell.

My impression of this is that he's trying to create a negative impression of CD and Axl in the public perception. By talking up the march release date which doesn't exist, he's creating an expectation that the album will be released. When the album doesn't arrive in march, then people will think "axl rose has screwed up and can't get the album done."

This is what ran through my mind the first time I thought about it as well.

But thinking about it more,maybe just maybe Slash was told by a reliable source that March is the date...Wether it happens or not,that could be the plan right now.

I can't see a 40 year old man saying "It's coming" just to have everyone mad at Axl when it doesn't happen...A bit childish that would be.

You're just trying to start an argument, and draw attention to yourself. You're one of those creeps that has started posting there insulting me in almost every thread. Get a life. I act the same on both forums, and you admitted that by saying I post the same opinions under 2 different names. I dont criticize mods at hell because they dont gloat about having inside info. If I'm so annoying, why do you constantly make references about me? If Madison has issues with my opinions, then she has a ban button that she can use at anytime. It should be of no concern to you. You dont feel extremely pathetic following someone from forum to forum criticizing their every word? I'm not wasting anymore time talking to you here. You're a waste of space. Unfortunately, I'm sure I'll be seeing your insults under a different alias in Hell.

Relax man. I'm not stalking you. I was just saying that I find annoying the people who use several nicks to post the same opinion, it looks like they are doing some kind of propaganda or trying to manipulate the other users.

Can you tell me why you do that ?

I personally don't do that. I think it's not only annoying, it's also dishonest.

Relax man. I'm not stalking you. I was just saying that I find annoying the people who use several nicks to post the same opinion, it looks like they are doing some kind of propaganda or trying to manipulate the other users.

Can you tell me why you do that ?

I personally don't do that. I think it's not only annoying, it's also dishonest.

Well, since you asked a legitimate question instead of acting like a dipshit, I'll respond. I first went to this site when Hell was down back in late march/early april of last year. Didnt expect to really post here much, I was just gonna talk to a few people I knew from Hell and of course there was the IRS discussions. I considered using my real name, but since I knew I wouldnt be here long and would be going back to Hell, I decided to just create a random name. I thought agoraphobicwhacko was an ok name cause it sort of describes Axl and really describes a relative of mine. No reason to change it to Jameslofton because the people I talk to here already knew who I was.

I have no "agenda", and I'm not spewing propoganda. You should take that issue up with some of these people with inside informants and fake information who get discredited on a regular basis but somehow are considered credible here. No, I'm not referring to Madison with that statement. There's a few posts of mine here where I discuss these fakes. But since you obviously have vast knowledge of agoraphobicwhacko and Jameslofton29, I'm sure you know who I'm referring to.

You didn't answer my question which was : why are you using 2 nicknames (busngabb and agoraphobicwhacko) on the same forum ?

I'm not busngabb! What gave you that idea?? You must see conspiracies in everything. Is that guy impersonating me or something?

I'm having a good laugh, HannahHat. :lol:

I really find it hard to work out the poodled ones intentions, but if i had to guess i would say he's trying to get into Axls good graces.No offence to those that like VR but they will never even come close to what GnR are or were.If i was Slash i would be trying to get GnR back together and work with a decent frontman again(at least in my opinion Scott is not in the same class).I personaly dont want this, i dont feel the ex members have a place in GnRs future and i personaly dont want them in it.Having seen GnR live i like the new band and cant wait to see them again.Axl has no need or desire for the ex members as far as i can tell but i would like them to reconsile as friends.Simply put GnR has moved to a different level and i dont believe that there is a place for ex members in that level.

But i may be miles off, for every thing i think i know about the inner workings or GnR past and present there are thousands of things i will never know.What i will say is if i was Scott i would be feeling insecure at the moment....( you must find it hard to live up to Axl without a band member saying how fucking great he was and is.

but i would like them to reconsile as friends.
Good point, and a point that most never consider. It would be great if the old members could all show up at the same festivals, awards shows,etc. Just be civil to each other. They'll bury the hatchet someday, but just imagine the reunion rumours if Axl was seen within 100 miles of an ex member.

i will go with big boss who believes that what slash says was true a while ago. now things moved on and changed.

but slash was told this at a certain moment and at that moment that was the plan.

now the moment is comming closer and slash mentions it 2-3 times also because he is asked for it

it won t happen though

i bet my money on a release close after rock in rio

vdm

I doubt very seriously that Slash would risk his own reputation just to make Axl look bad. What would be the point?
Well, there wouldn't be a point in doing that. Unless its some sort of gameplaying or some lame attempt at getting leverage in regards to the trial. But that makes no sense, because from Slash and Duff's point of view, it would make perfect sense to stay silent and let CD run its own course just in case they win the trial and can get a certain percentage of the profits from CD. Slash's remarks were a bit odd, and the next journalist to interview him should ask some follow up questions in regards to the March CD release statements.

I doubt very seriously that Slash would risk his own reputation just to make Axl look bad. What would be the point?

Well, there wouldn't be a point in doing that. Unless its some sort of gameplaying or some lame attempt at getting leverage in regards to the trial. But that makes no sense, because from Slash and Duff's point of view, it would make perfect sense to stay silent and let CD run its own course just in case they win the trial and can get a certain percentage of the profits from CD. Slash's remarks were a bit odd, and the next journalist to interview him should ask some follow up questions in regards to the March CD release statements.

If S&D somehow got some percentage of the profits from CD, Axl should sue his attorneys for malpractice.

Slash apparently feels that the person who gave him the info is incredibly trustworthy. But even if it was to have come out in March, Axl would probably change the release date anyway. After almost 15 years of no new music, I highly doubt Axl would want an EX member to be the one to break the news of a release date.

Edited by luvaxl4ever

Please stay on topic.

I've deleted the off-topic posts.

Hi Madison, Thanx for the welcome back.......wasn't it ME and my big mouth that prompted you to say never say never?

The very thing you swore you'd never do is the very thing you end up doing.........by all accounts Slash has not talked to Axl in 10 years................

Does make me wonder whats in the wind......what scenes are being played OUT of the fans views......

whatever it is, they deserve their privacy in what they choose (and can manage)

"Looking past lies; looking for meaning..

Seeking out truth; wherever it's leaning

I need the answers, I need the reasons......

To understand Life in all of her seasons.

Storming windows;looking for rainbows

stumbling and fucking up again;

where do you go;when you don't know.....

Send me to HOW and WHEN;

had enough of NOW and THEN.............©W.

Replying to Is Slash Trying To Get Axl's Attention To Talk?

...yes, Good point! That's exactly what he's doing. There are two possibilities:

- that he's making some advertising for himself (in a negative way for GnR...in a way "people I'm still here...but he doesn't give a fuck about me...so you see what an asshole he is"

or

- Maybe he was too young and too naive when he did take a decision to leave a band and now he wants somehow fix the terrible mistake by his participation in this creation of another "great" album! :book:

P.S.

Did anybody think of SLASH BEING ON CHINESE DEMOCRACY...with some guitar parts including other artists like BRIAN MAY(Queen) and BUCKETHEAD??? :unsure::drevil:

Anyone think that Slash's reliable source could have been Izzy? Who Axl said he had spoken to. We all know Slash & Izzy keep in touch. There is no reason why Axl wouldn't say to a former best friend when his album is coming out. It ain't like Izzy is in the spotlight enough anymore to say anything. But if he spoke to Slash, Izzy would have said something like 'I spoke to Axl the other day' and Slash would say 'Really what did he say?' and then Izzy could easily mention the Chinese Democracy release date.

I don't think Slash is trying to get Axl's attention. I think he is like us. He is sitting, waiting eager to hear the new material like each of us gathered here. He doesn't talk about Axl like that often - So maybe he really believes it. He could want Velvet Revolver vs. Guns N' Roses? That would damn sure be interesting. :o Then my joint world tour could happen!! I told you all! Muhuhahahaha! :laugh: