Chinese Democracy in March...Logical?

bac102205

Hey guys and gals! I'm new here to the forum but a long time fan of GN'R like everyone. Here is what I've been thinking.

I believe that Slash knows the right people to know if 'the powers that be' have heard a completed album. What I find hard to believe is that it would be out in March? I mean, it's been my experience that when a new album is going to be released there is a lot press and marketing blitz done, especially if it's something as big as this. It seems more likely that the announcement would come in March and the release two or three months later. Most of the time, the first 'single' gets sent out to the radio stations for airplay for a couple of months before the release.

The other thing is I didn't know if anyone has tried to contact club STEREO in New York? I would think they could put to rest once and for all if Axl was there and he did in fact play a completed album? I would think they would want to boast and brag about this, if it was true?

Just my thoughts but I can't wait for its release, whenever it happens!

Peace out!

Hey guys and gals! I'm new here to the forum but a long time fan of GN'R like everyone. Here is what I've been thinking.

I believe that Slash knows the right people to know if 'the powers that be' have heard a completed album. What I find hard to believe is that it would be out in March? I mean, it's been my experience that when a new album is going to be released there is a lot press and marketing blitz done, especially if it's something as big as this. It seems more likely that the announcement would come in March and the release two or three months later. Most of the time, the first 'single' gets sent out to the radio stations for airplay for a couple of months before the release.

The other thing is I didn't know if anyone has tried to contact club STEREO in New York? I would think they could put to rest once and for all if Axl was there and he did in fact play a completed album? I would think they would want to boast and brag about this, if it was true?

Peace out!

Anyone else think this post is a little odd? You know in that kind of "I want to distract you from the truth but am unable to do it in a subtle manner" kind of way.

Shit I've smoked too much shit. (or have I??!!)

Well what is wierd to me is that. He says Chinese Democracy is nearly done in mid January. About 20 days later he has it completed to play at a nightclub? Perhaps what he meant was that the last 6 were just to be mastered or something? Anyway I think Slash is telling the truth and if you think about it. Has there ever been a buzz about its release this big since 2002 - When he only said they would tour then hit the studio, which they did - ?

You know what. I believe! :) This is it. B)

PS. If Chinese Democracy is released I'll feed my hat to a bull shark and then proceed to eat the shark.

If slash is telling the truth and he's heard from people in the know that the album is finished, wouldn't we also be hearing the same thing from other people who'd also been in communication with these people. If the album was already done, then it doesn't seem to make sense for merck to say that it's almost done. If anyone other than axl would know when the album was done it would be merck.

You have to remember that these people are under no obligation to tell us anything or tell us the truth. They'll tell us whatever they feel like. Also, applying logic to the GN'R situation is a huge waste of time as logic doesn't seem to exist in the world of GN'R.

If slash is telling the truth and he's heard from people in the know that the album is finished, wouldn't we also be hearing the same thing from other people who'd also been in communication with these people. If the album was already done, then it doesn't seem to make sense for merck to say that it's almost done. If anyone other than axl would know when the album was done it would be merck.

You have to remember that these people are under no obligation to tell us anything or tell us the truth. They'll tell us whatever they feel like. Also, applying logic to the GN'R situation is a huge waste of time as logic doesn't seem to exist in the world of GN'R.

maybe we are hearing it...I.E. newspapers, radio stations

maybe we are hearing it...I.E. newspapers, radio stations

Most of those stories were just rehashing the same quotes over and over again and in some cases taking them out of context. I haven't really seen anything were a source inside the record company said the album was finished or ready for release.

People talk about there not being enough time to promote the album, but with the musical world expanding upon what Slash has said twice is it not the case surely that this album is already being promoted.

This cd is without a doubt one of the most eagerly anticipated records in rock history (and yes the rest of the music world is aware of it and its significance). For this reason I am certain that it will not be promoted in the usual manner purely because a large marketing campaign is not needed.

For me the crux of this matter is Slash's comments. For me he is either talking with concrete knowledge of what is going to happen (and therefore having a hand in promotion), and the reasons for this knowledge we can only speculate, or he is simply greasing the wheels or prompting Axl to finally release the record.

Either way I really think we haven't long to wait. Too much shit is happening for there not to be a release now.

JMO

Also, applying logic to the GN'R situation is a huge waste of time as logic doesn't seem to exist in the world of GN'R.

absolutely correct..that's also why i wouldn't lay my hands in the fire..that the name of the new album is really Chinese Democracy...but one thing is true:...for me it will be the best moment in life to hold the new GNR cd in the own hands...concerning music and favourite band in life this do not happen often...but let's hope axl will be around still a long time..if there are a lot of tracks done..then it might be coming a new CD afterwards soon...for now and 01.03 songs on 01.03 march: lets hope!

at least so far:..Axl is around again... :)

Peace out!

WELCOME TO THE FORUM! :xmassrudolph:

dont know what to think... i believe something like june, july... but... who knows...

Agustin.

Well what is wierd to me is that. He says Chinese Democracy is nearly done in mid January. About 20 days later he has it completed to play at a nightclub? Perhaps what he meant was that the last 6 were just to be mastered or something? Anyway I think Slash is telling the truth and if you think about it. Has there ever been a buzz about its release this big since 2002 - When he only said they would tour then hit the studio, which they did - ?

PS. If Chinese Democracy is released I'll feed my hat to a bull shark and then proceed to eat the shark.

hahahaha...someone thinks CD starts now :)

Now that's something worth seeing.

well, my opinion is that GNR don't need much promotion...

...think that GNR is not only a group of 5 friends.it's a business either we like it or not.many people expect BIG BUCKS from this project.so I am convienced that if they want to release it in a month from now, they can even dress skyscrapers with the GNR logo... :P

only think that if they want to sell this album, they will find a way, even if axl comes and say "I want it in stores on 2 weeks"....... :)

well, my opinion is that GNR don't need much promotion...

...think that GNR is not only a group of 5 friends.it's a business either we like it or not.many people expect BIG BUCKS from this project.so I am convienced that if they want to release it in a month from now, they can even dress skyscrapers with the GNR logo... :P

only think that if they want to sell this album, they will find a way, even if axl comes and say "I want it in stores on 2 weeks"....... :)

they are friends. if it was purely business they would've ALL left years ago.

they are friends. if it was purely business they would've ALL left years ago.

sorry but this is wrong...a musician is a proffesional.

a proffesional, is living by playing music.

to live he needs money.

to make money, he must be in a band who makes money.

believe me...EVERY musician would love to be in fink's place or in someone else's.....this would solve the money problem of his lifetime :rolleyes:

and of course they get along.I didn't said the opposite.BUT...all of them are doing what they MUST do.it's their JOB.and to achieve something, you must be a little "cold"(if you can understand me).

p.s.sorry for the little off-topic :P

Edited by ESP1982

Either way I really think we haven't long to wait. Too much shit is happening for there not to be a release now.

JMO

What kind of shit are you talkin' about ? Just because Axl went to a restaurant and attended a party don't mean CD is going to be released... :rolleyes:

Concerning Slash, I think his comments have been done with the aim of getting a reaction of the other side.

Well, I've been in Boca for 5 days to return to the flurry of news. The nightclub spotting, the after hours cd showcasing, and the slash re-statement, all great news.

The first thing you can surely expect from the mind of Axl is never know what to expect.

First, the fact he's out on his Birthday is a great sign! As we know it's not the norm, so he's out making rounds, bribing his way into closing clubs with the cd, seemingly in a great mood and excited about the record, all great signs.

I like the fact that Slash is on Radio talking about March a few weeks ago, the label then says no official word, only to be followed by Slash still talking about March..in greater detail. He is sticking to his guns, pun intended, on what he's hearing. Next to Axl himself, who most likely would NOT want to give much notice, I take Slash the most likely candidate to get reliable inside info, moreso that Brain or Fortus, who could also know btw, and just aren't talking per instruction. Slash, on the other hand, is not under Axl's instruction...anymore, lol.

21 days ago at the Korn show what I get out of the stew of vagueness that are Axl's words is it could have just been down to final song selection, over recording. This could have even been done since, if it wasn't even done already. Axl may throw in things about 26 songs to 14, or whatever, just to create a back door...incase he changes his mind. The label may know March right now, and won't say anything yet...incase Axl changes his mind. This record, I feel, will have very little notice, 1 week tops, as far as pre-release promotion. This, if I'm right, could be due to many reasons, surprise factor, let the music get out there to speak for itself before the critics have time to pre-pan it factor, Axl can turn on a dime and be in court with a "stop the presses" suit factor, many factors. Ya know one thing, the label won't say anything until it's in boxes on trucks and planes, or at least in boxes.

Yes, I think it's logical. 3/12, 3/13 or 3/26 2006, how's that for 3 guesses?!!?

I also predict, for the second time in my short tenure here, that Axl and Slash do something together again in the not so distant future.

Axl's Kampf Is Over, LET DEMOCRACY REIGN!!!!! sorry, it just came out :wacko:

Kampf: (struggle)

Edited by axlskAmpf

For this reason I am certain that it will not be promoted in the usual manner purely because a large marketing campaign is not needed.

believe me, when this thing finally drops it will be all over the place. there's too much money and too much anticipation put into this thing for not promoting it like crazy. trying a subtle release of chinese democracy is crazy.

trying a subtle release of chinese democracy is crazy.
No such thing as a subtle release for CD. He could announce its coming out next week, and not only will the internet explode, but it will be one of the top stories on every news, tv, and radio show, probably worldwide. It doesn't need promotion. The words Axl and Chinese Democracy are enough to guarantee global curiousity. Even starving kids in africa will be trying to barter crumbs of bread for a bootleg copy.

trying a subtle release of chinese democracy is crazy.

No such thing as a subtle release for CD. He could announce its coming out next week, and not only will the internet explode, but it will be one of the top stories on every news, tv, and radio show, probably worldwide. It doesn't need promotion. The words Axl and Chinese Democracy are enough to guarantee global curiousity. Even starving kids in africa will be trying to barter crumbs of bread for a bootleg copy.

Oh for God's sake ! You should go once in a while to sites of other bands... Or talk to rock fans in general... Most of 'em don't care too much about GN'R and CD release.

Sad but true. :(