Discuss your thoughts of the leaked CD tracks ...

gunsguy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what if he decided to put out a jazz album?

or a classical record?

or a gospel album?

would you be as pissed?

Erm... kinda, but I'd still buy the album and absorb it... it's Axl Rose after all!

I thought it was Guns N'Roses...

Axl is Guns N' Roses.

You just put out two completely stupid statements.

You're saying that you would buy and enjoy an album even if it was some EMO shit or let's say chingy style rap, or just sounds of people barfing, only because Axl Rose did it?

why is that stupid?

You really don't see it?

You base your taste in music on who makes it. It's stupid. You hate rap (for instance) but if Axl Rose produced a rap album you would like it.

I like Guns n' Roses because of the music they make. Not because it's Axl Rose or Steven Adler. If they make shit music - then I dont like it. My World is a shit song, nevermind the fact that I love Guns n' Roses. If they make a shit song - it's a shit song.

Actually, you have no taste in music. It's not that you don't like rap music, you don't like rap because Axl Rose is not making it. You don't like industrial crap, but you like it as long as it has Axl's name on it.

Man, I didn't know Axl Rose's asshole had an internet connection... So many people are logging in from there.

You just put out two completely stupid statements.

You're saying that you would buy and enjoy an album even if it was some EMO shit or let's say chingy style rap, or just sounds of people barfing, only because Axl Rose did it?

Of course I would give it a chance... if I didn't like it, I wouldn't listen to it anymore. Is life hard for you to understand?

You really don't see it?

You base your taste in music on who makes it. It's stupid. You hate rap (for instance) but if Axl Rose produced a rap album you would like it.

I like Guns n' Roses because of the music they make. Not because it's Axl Rose or Steven Adler. If they make shit music - then I dont like it. My World is a shit song, nevermind the fact that I love Guns n' Roses. If they make a shit song - it's a shit song.

Actually, you have no taste in music. It's not that you don't like rap music, you don't like rap because Axl Rose is not making it. You don't like industrial crap, but you like it as long as it has Axl's name on it.

Man, I didn't know Axl Rose's asshole had an internet connection... So many people are logging in from there.

Alright, I figured by being polite you might learn a thing or two....but you obviously can't...so here goes.

1) I do base my music taste on who makes it to a degree....I bought VR's album because of who was in it...didn't like it, so the second time I'll wait for a few reviews before I get it.

2) Axl Rose knows how to produce music. Full Stop. If you want to argue that, start a new thread, and lets see how far you get.

3) I like rap. If he made a rap album, I'd buy it out of curiosity at first, and then decide whether to keep supporting him or not.

4)You like GNR because of Apettite and UYI....that's pretty obvious....I like them (him) because they are a rock band which has never surrendered to man ont he street type of thinking, and has always surprised us with something new...and 9 out of 10 times the shit worked.

5)Its exciting and it keeps the interest going.....if you want a musician who copies himself on every record go and get an Oasis album...the last one is exactly the same as the first one to the general public...

6) I like industrial "crap" as you so eloquently put it, but I also think that his version of the same "crap" will be more interesting than the "crap" already out there...because of his knowledge of music and melodies and his ability to write the same...which you obviously will buy because its Axl Rose...

This has nothing to do with a personal taste in music...merely admiration towards someone who has proven that he can do it his way, not give a shit along the way about smart asses like yourself, and be as succesfull as he wants to be....EVERY TIME HE DOES IT!!!

now the question is....can you handle it? Or should I send you a copy of VR to calm you down? I'll even give you mine, as I don't like it, because Axl didn't make it.

Edited by elmir

Like Axl never produced shit? :rolleyes: Even in one of my favorite albums all time, there was stupid shit (My World).

You shouldn't admire everything he makes just because it's him. If it's shit it's shit, nothing you can do about it.

Playing the same style is not recycling but... just doing the same music style. Iron Maiden made one of their best albums 30 years after they started playing together, never changing their style.

Progress is good. I'm for progress, change and evolving of music. But again - if it sounds shit - it's shit. No matter who made it and how hard he tried. Be it Will Smith or Mozart.

Like Axl never produced shit?

of course he has....but on average...98% of the stuff he did produce was not shit..a pretty decent track record.

Even in one of my favorite albums all time, there was stupid shit (My World).

My world was just a filler on the album, not even a song, hence the reason it was last....some people liked it...I personally didn't...but I sure as hell won't go and beat up the guys that did, or judge him as a musician because of that track....name another one...

You shouldn't admire everything he makes just because it's him. If it's shit it's shit, nothing you can do about it.

True...except I don't think these leaked demos are shit...quite the opposite actually.

Playing the same style is not recycling but... just doing the same music style. Iron Maiden made one of their best albums 30 years after they started playing together, never changing their style.

Axl Rose still makes rock music....not much of a change there....he wants to evolve, Iron Maiden chose not to. I personally think they did, but not at a dramatic rate like Axl is planning to do...rather slowly, over the years....point me to an Iron Maiden fan forum with exactly the same stats like this one in terms of traffic, interest and registered members....and I'll show you the difference between the two camps.

Progress is good. I'm for progress, change and evolving of music. But again - if it sounds shit - it's shit. No matter who made it and how hard he tried. Be it Will Smith or Mozart.

What's shit to you may not be to a million other people....

...my point here is that you cannot criticise these demos on a subjective level and expect to be taken seriously...if you don't like it, start a discussion, and listen to other people's opinions, and maybe you will see somethng you haven't thought of, or even better, show them something they haven't seen....Axl Rose is more than aware that the first people who buy this album will be old Guns fans, so I can bet you my last penny that the shit on there will satisfy them first, before it wins over any new fans...

In any case, I hope he proves you wrong, because you do sound like a passionate fan, and I hope you get pleasantly surprised.

My world was just a filler on the album, not even a song, hence the reason it was last....some people liked it...I personally didn't...but I sure as hell won't go and beat up the guys that did, or judge him as a musician because of that track....name another one...

Shotgun Blues.

True...except I don't think these leaked demos are shit...quite the opposite actually.

That's not the point. The point is people are saying stuff is good only because Axl made it, not because it's really any good. (Not specific about those demos).

Axl Rose still makes rock music....not much of a change there....he wants to evolve, Iron Maiden chose not to. I personally think they did, but not at a dramatic rate like Axl is planning to do...rather slowly, over the years....point me to an Iron Maiden fan forum with exactly the same stats like this one in terms of traffic, interest and registered members....and I'll show you the difference between the two camps.

www.ironmaiden.com

...my point here is that you cannot criticise these demos on a subjective level and expect to be taken seriously...if you don't like it, start a discussion

I don't know if you noticed... But we're in one right now. That's the whole point of a forum. Hell, the title of the thread is 'discuss your thoughts...'. I just gave my opinion (which chaged a bit as i listened a bit more).

My point is, people had their forum messages saying "THAT SONG IS TEH R0X0RZ!!!!!!!!!~~111" before they even listened to the songs. Just because it's AXL.

My point is, people had their forum messages saying "THAT SONG IS TEH R0X0RZ!!!!!!!!!~~111" before they even listened to the songs. Just because it's AXL.

point taken...there are lots of people here who only joined to get the leaks as well, which personally pisses me off...but that's a whole new thread altogether.

slightly off topic, the question is,

is this the longest thread ever on mygnr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer --> No.

What is? Just out of curiosity? :book:

I really love the songs, but I must admit, I hope the "big guns" are not these tracks, coz I expected more after 10+ years :(

Grimo.

What is? Just out of curiosity? :book:

I really love the songs, but I must admit, I hope the "big guns" are not these tracks, coz I expected more after 10+ years :(

Grimo.

Either one of the picture threads or the Football thread. :book:

None of us have heard the "big guns" they'll be staying closely guarded by uncle Axl until the time is right.