And now,what's going to happen?

Gallagher Rose

With an album anything over $10 is profit the record store recieves. The last bit is divided amongst the record company and then the artist. Probably 1.25-2.00 per unit will come back to the band. 2,000,000X8=16m=CD payed for.Not to mention a 200 date tour could make upwards of $50 million depending on the venues.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see. Greatest Hits has sold what...5 million and counting worldwide. Plus the production costs for that sucker were about as minimal that you can get. You can offset those profits from the 13 million. Then the rest of the 13 million was spent on 2-3 albums of material. I think Axl and co. would really have to f*ck things up to not turn on a profit on this whole deal.

12 million is nothing in the record industry..

Look at ITUNES, just hit the one billion download mark... each song .99 cents... correct me if i am wrong, but that is close to a billion dollars and ITUNES has not even been around that long. Now add napster and the reset of the online downloads, GnR could make 12 million back the first week.

Just think how much money everyone gets from royalties too.. GnR is a cash cow, this is why they have not dropped Axl.

Who fuckin knows whats gonna happen. This is Guns we're talkin about, and more importantly Axl. They could release CD, it could become the best sellin album ever, they could do a 300 date world tour, and be amzin every night, and then release more and more albums.

BUT, we could be askin this question in 12 months again, askin each other whether its true that the original group are back together and gonna release CD on the anniversary of AFD. Most of the music buying public dont know whos in GNR at the moment, and what CD even is. GNR cant sell and album just because its got GNR on the front of it.

Grimo.