This board should be shut down temporaily

Appetite For Waiting

You know I don't post here alot due to twisted way in which many of you think, your thought prossess are totally warped. I mean I pretty much come here to see reaction and see what is the general mood toward GNR is at the moment. And I always some to come across topics like this with no true validty. "Oh no, poor Axl this.." You know fuck that, hey I have a vested interest in it too, but let things be, don't let your life revolve around this thing, when it comes it shall come, and that shall be soon. Anyway I better get back to the point, my tendency to rant pointlessy may be boiling to the surface. And again, it's not "poor axl this, o no his songs are on the internet." You know fuck the internet for making it available too the public before it should be heard in it's true form, but you know shit happens. And it's nice to see the posstive reaction from most, but I just can't seem to get inside the heads of these retards who are agaist those who just want to enjoy this music, they are there to be enjoyed, the little fucker that leaked them wanted them enjoyed so that is what you should do, cause it's not gonna effect anything if this board doesn't post links or people don't listen, your loss.

madison please dont let the full album leak please delete the threads as soon as possible

This is my point. The mods can't police the whole board. Someone will always get to the leaks before they are deleted. The only way to fully seal the board from leaks is to shut it down completely.

don't be so bloody naive, most p2p and torrent sites have all the leaked songs to dl, shutting the board will do absolutely jack shit, apart from pissing the people here who actually wanna hear what axl's solo music sounds like and talk about his new band. who cares if we hear rough demos of songs before the album comes out? those of you who say 'oh but axl wont like it, axls gonna be pissed' get a grip, what do you think - axls gonna be thanking you in the album notes, in concerts? no he aint. personnelly i am glad this stuff has been leaked as i can now see that we are probably not going to hear anything really ground breaking on the record, the new stuff aint that good, yes they are rough demos, but still they aint that good, it just sounds like stuff from a number of other bands with axl singing. when the album leaks, and its bound to leak in full, then hell yes i am gonna dl it, why not? i bet 1/2 the people on this forum and the other forums will dl it as well. will i buy the album when it comes out? well that really depends on what the musics like.

On a slight tangent, people who do not contribute to the board shouldn't be allowed to access the download section, especially if they don't post their own uploads.

Ha ha. You're kidding, yeah? :lol:

How about those on dial-up?

You expect them to spend an hour uploading a 3MB song?

A better idea would be 10 posts before accessing the downloads, or something.

i dont think it should

first of all, its just demos

second of all there were rumors of it being a double album (again) i mean he did have enough material for a double one

also, the rumors were told by the guy hwo then apologized and said he was drun kand doesnt have the album

Things are beginning to spiral out of control. There is now talk - probably not true - of the whole album being released. New members are joining every second to try and leach the leaked stuff.

I think the safest thing to do, from a legal and moral/human-decency point of view, is to close down the site for a while.

I would feel so bad for Axl if the whole album was leaked online. Just listen to the lyrics - he has put his heart into this. I don't care anymore about how he's treated his fans. As decent human beings with a shred of decency we have to stem this tide. This is obviously this man's life. If this album is released then the last fifteen years of work and all his feelings that he's poured into it (and few artists do) will be shitted on. Nobody deserves that - even multi-millionaire rock stars!

I agree

*correction*shitted on/shat on*/correction*

James S.

On a slight tangent, people who do not contribute to the board shouldn't be allowed to access the download section, especially if they don't post their own uploads.

Ha ha. You're kidding, yeah? :lol:

How about those on dial-up?

You expect them to spend an hour uploading a 3MB song?

A better idea would be 10 posts before accessing the downloads, or something.

Aside from people like you darkstar :)

Perhaps, 100 posts or something, and have to be approved by a moderator or something, or indeed either Admin. That way, it stops leechers, and people who come just for the downloads.