"Chinese Democracy World Tour 2006"

Guest Matt13

Something tells me that CD may not be named CD afterall. Or, they just call their tour: 'Guns N' Roses World Tour 2006' and keep the name CD. Anyone else think it would be silly to call the tour 'CD World Tour' after the whole 2002 tour being named after CD?

That's it. What are your thoughts?

Your psychic abilities are pretty amazing but there isn't any indication that they're going to change the name of the album or the tour. Very few people remember or give a crap about the 2002 tour and it wouldn't affect how the new album is markteted.

Your psychic abilities are pretty amazing but there isn't any indication that they're going to change the name of the album or the tour. Very few people remember or give a crap about the 2002 tour and it wouldn't affect how the new album is markteted.

Don't know about that. There's been no official title given for the tour by management... has there? Maybe I'm wrong. I can just see the press eating up a 'CD 2006 tour'... just imagine the headlines: "The last attempt at the Chinese Democracy World Tour failed miserably in 2002".

I'm sure the folks in Vancouver and Philly gave a crap about that tour, as well as all of the other folks who had tickets to other shows that were canceled. And if this is arguably 'the most anticipated album of all time', most of your media outlets and fans alike are not just going to forget about 2002. I think naming the tour, and even the album, something else will at least steer a few media folks clear of rehashing that whole shit storm.

I saw "Chinese Democracy World Tour 2006" in a different thread and the first thing I thought of was the failed 2002 "CD World Tour". Then I thought about how it's now 2006 and no longer 2002. That speaks for itself. I can see a lot of reporters taking shots at all of that.

Although a lot is going on around the GNR camp, there can't be a real tour until 2007. If we get the album this year, it will suffice. It will be called Chinese Democracy, as it reminds us of Guns N Roses and not China. It has been the running title since late 1999. It would be ludicrous to change the name now. There are no plans for a world tour this year. The plans are to reintroduce Guns N Roses to the world. This in itself will be a challenge. As time has passed the namesake by some time ago.

Don't know about that. There's been no official title given for the tour by management... has there? Maybe I'm wrong. I can just see the press eating up a 'CD 2006 tour'... just imagine the headlines: "The last attempt at the Chinese Democracy World Tour failed miserably in 2002".

I'm sure the folks in Vancouver and Philly gave a crap about that tour, as well as all of the other folks who had tickets to other shows that were canceled. And if this is arguably 'the most anticipated album of all time', most of your media outlets and fans alike are not just going to forget about 2002. I think naming the tour, and even the album, something else will at least steer a few media folks clear of rehashing that whole shit storm.

I saw "Chinese Democracy World Tour 2006" in a different thread and the first thing I thought of was the failed 2002 "CD World Tour". Then I thought about how it's now 2006 and no longer 2002. That speaks for itself. I can see a lot of reporters taking shots at all of that.

Following that logic then you would also have to change the name of the band. If you look back at all the problems there have been been during previous tours in St. Louis and vancover. People will associate the name GN'R with past problems just as easily as with any tour name. They aren't going to forget things just because the tour has a new name. But that number is going to be pretty small since very few people knew or cared about the last tour.

I think naming the tour, and even the album, something else will at least steer a few media folks clear of rehashing that whole shit storm.

Following that logic then you would also have to change the name of the band. If you look back at all the problems there have been been during previous tours in St. Louis and vancover. People will associate the name GN'R with past problems just as easily as with any tour name. They aren't going to forget things just because the tour has a new name. But that number is going to be pretty small since very few people knew or cared about the last tour.

Read closer, obi-wan.

"I think naming the tour, and even the album, something else will at least steer a few media folks clear of rehashing that whole shit storm [the 2002 tour]."

I didn't say everyone would forget about it. I just think as a marketing strategy naming the tour after something that failed miserably in the past wouldn't be the greatest idea, no matter how many people took notice. If you ask me, MTV took notice... that tour wasn't just some fart in the wind as you make it out to be.

At any rate, naming the tour something else, not necessarily the album (if they even 'tour' in 2006) would help to minimize some bad press. That's just no-brainer simple marketing.

Edited by Matt13