New Album Name -- A New Rumour

Jackamo!

This has not been confirmed or anything yet but my friend just told me he ran into Dizzy Reed a week ago

(he has the pictures but I can't load them yet cause I'm not on my own computer)- and Dizzy told her that

the new album name might be changed because the song Chinese Democracy is not in the top 13 , and will

NOT be appearing on the cd. The names Dizzy mention were Two Thousand Intentions and something soup.

I don't really believe it and I hope the album name does not get changed. I have never heard of these new

titles before and were wondering if anyone did? My friend might be bullshiting of what Dizzy said, but she did meet him cause I seen the pics. I never bothered asking where. But t's the titles I was wondering about.

'Two Thousand Intentions"

or

"-------- Soup"

Plz don't bash me cause I don't have any source yet.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2000 intentions and cock-a-roach soup have been rumored since 1999 or perhaps earlier. i believe they were both mentioned in the spin article from roughly that time. 2000 intentions title was the reason for the name of the website gnr.com.ar Even back in 1999 both of these titles were speculated as possible names for the album

This has not been confirmed or anything yet but my friend just told me he ran into Dizzy Reed a week ago

(he has the pictures but I can't load them yet cause I'm not on my own computer)- and Dizzy told her that

the new album name might be changed because the song Chinese Democracy is not in the top 13 , and will

NOT be appearing on the cd. The names Dizzy mention were Two Thousand Intentions and something soup.

I don't really believe it and I hope the album name does not get changed. I have never heard of these new

titles before and were wondering if anyone did? My friend might be bullshiting of what Dizzy said, but she did meet him cause I seen the pics. I never bothered asking where. But t's the titles I was wondering about.

'Two Thousand Intentions"

or

"-------- Soup"

Plz don't bash me cause I don't have any source yet.

mr. reed shouldnt talk that much...unbelievable...but thx for postin!!!

Guest JohnUlmer

Cockaroach Soup sounds like a Papa Roach album.

2000 Intentions sounds like a sequel to Cruel Intentions.

Chinese Democracy is solid, and the title itself - and its implications - just fit the entire history of this album.

Reverting to some piece of crap title at this point would be a mistake IMO.

It'd be so stupid to change the album name at this point. After years the name is pretty much legendary and a promotional tool in itself. To suddenly drop the name after all this buildup is just dumb on all levels.

I agree. I dont know why axl would change the name, and i dont know why he would do it with out havin an interveiw about it or something. but maybe the friend is liying to get attention. she's probably makin up bullshit lies, and makin it up from previous "cd" names.

PCE

I wish she was making this up but she's not even really a Guns fan adn she would never of heard these titles

before, I'm a big gnr fan and I never heard them. It scares me to think that an album 13 years in the making would be called Cock-a-Roch soup.

'2000 intentions' isn't THAT bad. It kind of makes sense.

Guest JohnUlmer
No one's done it yet, so I'll defend the song. I like the main guitar riff, and it's one of few hard songs we've heard to this point.

Also, I'd like to be able to say "Did you hear CD yet" "Don't you mean the CD" "Nope just CD"

Yeah, it's a good song. I really like it. I think a studio version will sound raw and nasty like IRS.

IRS played live would probably sound mediocre during that tour, too.

even if CD the song isnt on the album, it should still be called CD.

yes definately.

the song CD kinda sucked anyway.

I wouldn't miss it.

Also, it can be in the great tradition of albums where the song didn't appear on the album it was named after...like Houses of the Holy and Waiting For The Sun

Guest JohnUlmer
I've sent Dizzy a message.

I sent him one too, about twenty minutes ago, but does he usually respond to you? I've never sent him anything before. Pretty cool if he does.