The leaked tracks

SlashisGOD

Well as we all know, Don't Cry and many other Illusion songs were written before AFD even came out. I was listening to Better, and Axl's voice is very similar to the way it was, with that rough, scratchy sound to it, something he was missing during the last tour. This makes me wonder if Better is from that era, or from around 1996-1999. Could these demos be really old like that?

lets just pretend this for a second....

how about the songs Madagascar and the Blues... 2 songs that are similar to an extent, the sorta remind me of UYI stuff. Now lets take Better, which we know sounds a lil more like AFD. What if, the "new" songs we heard back in 2002, and the latest stuff that has "leaked" and i use that loosely, are not songs that we will hear on the CD album. What if all those songs were just some random stuff, that AXL and Co. came up with to entertain us. Lets also remember back befor UYI came out, they were playin those songs in concerts... could these songs be used by Axl to get the interest in GNR up again, and then drop an album with all new, never heard materal???

"Better" is definitely from the Illusions era . I.R.S and TWAT is the new voice which i think is not good news because his new voice sucks big time . If IRS had the hard kick ass raspy voice he once had the song would absolutely own instead it sounds like wayne newton trying to be a rock star. :rofl-lol:

"Better" is definitely from the Illusions era . I.R.S and TWAT is the new voice which i think is not good news because his new voice sucks big time . If IRS had the hard kick ass raspy voice he once had the song would absolutely own instead it sounds like wayne newton trying to be a rock star. :rofl-lol:

'Better' from the Illusion era? You don't know anything you fool. :rolleyes:

Well as we all know, Don't Cry and many other Illusion songs were written before AFD even came out. I was listening to Better, and Axl's voice is very similar to the way it was, with that rough, scratchy sound to it, something he was missing during the last tour. This makes me wonder if Better is from that era, or from around 1996-1999. Could these demos be really old like that?

No.

It's possible. But after 12 or so years I'd like to think that Axl is in a different place and has a new perspective on life as compared to when he was 28. Some of the new songs may be projects that have been in the works for many years but I personally think that the lyrics of the demos and the other new stuff that we have heard from concert bootlegs have a post Illusions feel to them. More mature and experienced.

It's possible.

No it's not. You guys seriously need to listen to Axl's voice from different time periods. Axl's range back in the Illusion days couldn't even compare to the range he pertains on these demos now. His pitch & tone is so much better now. These demos are definately 21st century products.

Sometimes I feel like I'm explaining a 98 year old grandma how to use Tivo when I try to explain the changes in Axl's voice to some forum members.

Edited by IndiannaRose

It's possible.

No it's not. You guys seriously need to listen to Axl's voice from different time periods. Axl's range back in the Illusion days couldn't even compare to the range he pertains on these demos now. His pitch & tone is so much better now. These demos are definately 21st century products.

Sometimes I feel like I'm explaining a 98 year old grandma how to use Tivo when I try to explain the changes in Axl's voice to some forum members.

That's kind of a different subject IR. We were talking about lyrics not voice differential. We all know that Axl has a more versatile voice these days

It's possible.

That's kind of a different subject IR. We were talking about lyrics not voice differential. We all know that Axl has a more versatile voice these days

I was just commenting on his voice as that's what the original poster spoke about on the beginning post of the thread.

Edited by IndiannaRose

It's possible.

I was just commenting on his voice as that's what the original poster spoke about on the beginning post of the thread.

You're right man. I should have read all of the posts. But I just read the topic and skimmed the posts and posted my mind based off of that. But I agree with you. Axl sounds nothing like the old days. He has the kind of pitch now a days that could shatter glass and out run the speed of light as well as give all of the women moist panties.

Other than IndianaRose here, everyone needs to step away from the crackpipe.

no b/c in better u can hear buckethead do one of those fast ass solos, like a sweep for a second

Buckethead, Buckethead, Buckethead. Cripes, there's no indication BH is playing in that song. Virtually any session guitarist could pull that entire song off. IRS, yes, it's BH only because the newest leaked has been matched against the old with BH on it. Better and TWAT? Who knows who's playing on them.

I can't WAIT for GNR to take the stage and put Moronhead to rest.

BH was THE WORST thing that had ever happened to GNR. Fortus and Tommy both said it's a VERY GOOD THING he's gone, and better for the band.

End of story.

Edited by Matt13

It's possible.

I know.

I had a guy on another board tell me that after he heard 'IRS' on the radio that I was full of shit and Axl's voice sounded the same as it has for 15 years.

I didn't even know how to respond to that.

Fortus and Tommy both said it's a VERY GOOD THING he's gone, and better for the band.

BH stole the show, that's why Fortus and Stinson said that...

Jealous people.... :rolleyes:

Lol... stole the show? Yea, a guy that wears a fast food bucket on his head, mask, communicates through puppets and has the dumbest gimmick in a serious fascination with chickens can steal a show anyday.

He was a FUCKING LAUGHING STOCK! That's what the general public thinks, that's what I think and that's what the world thought during 'Round 1'.

How many times did you hear GNR described as "Axl's circus" or "Axl's freak show" back then?

End of fucking story. Jesus, when is it gonna fall out of the sky, land on your heads and start to wiggle?

Fortus and Tommy both said it's a VERY GOOD THING he's gone, and better for the band.

BH stole the show, that's why Fortus and Stinson said that...

Jealous people.... :rolleyes:

Lol... stole the show? Yea, a guy that wears a fast food bucket on his head, mask, communicates through puppets and has the dumbest gimmick in a serious fascination with chickens can steal a show anyday.

He was a FUCKING LAUGHING STOCK! That's what the general public thinks, that's what I think and that's what the world thought during 'Round 1'.

How many times did you hear GNR described as "Axl's circus" or "Axl's freak show" back then?

End of fucking story. Jesus, when is it gonna fall out of the sky, land on your heads and start to wiggle?

While I agree with you, Finck's look doesn't exactly help this either.

Nor does Axl's for that matter.

Not Axl's opinion. And I prefer to watch and listen to Buckethead rather than Finck (*cough*), Stinson or Fortus. BH was a big part of the GN'R show in 2002. The other guys could be replaced and nobody would notice it.

Who are you to criticise him?

Oh yeah....one of the most knowledgeable GN'R fans on this board. :rofl-lol:

Matt: I know you don't like BH and his style but face the facts man, the guy was a huge draw for gnr. he brought interest in the band. GnR needs a charismatic lead guitarist with amazing playing ability. We had Slash, and then we got Buckethead, someone with similar skills. A lot of people loved the guys picking speed and shredding ability, Nightrain 2002 rocks the casbah. You know when a diehard fan of Slash tells you that, BH must have been real special.

Sure his image was kinda kooky but Finck was a freakshow as well. If Bh didnt fit in, neither did Finck....

GnR needs another guitarist on par with Slash and BH. Finck doesn't cut it, he's competent, but he isnt amazing.

Indiana: I've read your posts on Axl's voice, I know you've spent time analyzing the songs over the different eras, but Im curious as to why you say his voice now is more versatile than the Illusion era? Sure his voice was pretty busted in the illusion era with that whiny screech, but he still had some depth to his vocals, his newer voice sounds so thin....he just can't do the grungy gravely nightrain type voice anymore. Remember that nightrain demo and his voice on it? He can't pull that voice off anymore live imho.....