how will you feel

elmir

Just an asumption.

The reason Axl took the band on the road in 02 was to get them 'roadworthy' and give the new line up some touring legs, as well as to see how the demand for GNR was like out there.

What if he's doing the same now?

What if the reason for these performances is the fact that the 'new' guitarist needs road time with the new line up, prior to the launch of the album in....2-3 yrs time?

What if the leaks we had were genuinely from fans themselves who got a copy of one of those CD's, and decided to leak them?

What if Axl and management truly had nothing to do with the leaks at all, but it looks like its playing into their favour?

What if he plays these shows, with a new song or two, and then disappears again for 3 more years?

What would you say?

How will you feel?

Disappointed?

Sad?

Upset?

Or will you go on the whole "I told you so" mission, like Kaneda would?

Will you stop visiting these forums?

Or will you still hang on, no matter how long it takes?

probably cry but hey ive had to deal with it twice in 2001 went to rock am ring in germany they cancelled a few weeks before so we went anyway as it was a festival but we had to put up stinkin park and then a glimmer of hope for the london shows in december and hey they were cancelled! id be mad but id still love the fuckers anyway sad innit!

Axl's situation doesn't allow him to do that kind of thing.

What situation would that be? And what makes it different from '02?

2002 tour was a failure, promoters don't trust the band, BH left, Axl is older, VR didn't exist in 2002, media interest about GN'R didn't grow up since 2002...

That's the situation.

Plus a lot of stuff concerning contracts, Geffen, etc, about which we have no idea (although probably nothing positive for Axl) !

Edited by Alan Niveen

In 1999 we got 'oh my god' then in 2001 we got the new tracks played at rock in rio III and 'rhihad' a bit later on i think , now in 2006 we have I.R.S. / 'Better' / 'T.W.A.T.' so even if nothing else happens and this IS a repeat of 2002 we do have some new material to talk about and listen to, plus i'm sure Axl will play some new tracks in his new live set to further add to our little collection of bits and pieces that we have collected since 1999, a poor substitute for a studio album proper but at least there has been SOMETHING. Imagine if there had been NOTHING since 1993....

I do feel that this year something HAS to happen , otherwise i think even those who work with Axl will start losing interest (label / management / band etc...) this can't go on forever and there has to be plan this time i think.

I'm quite sure that we will see the album this year and also the band performing on all dates that have been confirmed until yet.

Here is a short story - in 2004 the guy who organzies NOVA ROCK now did the AERODROME Festival in and he told us that they offered him guns to play there - but he declined -> what a lucky guy :)

2 Years later the same person books gnr for NOVA ROCK - so it seems like the gnr management has a good argument that this time nothing like 2002 or 2004 will happen. I'm sure that otherwise we wouldn't have booked them

I honestly don't feel we're in any danger of this being a repeat of 2002. Not with everything going on the way it is.

-darknemus

I hope you're right, as I'm about to blow about two years' worth of savings on a trip to Portugal and Austria to watch him....if he cancels.....well, I'll visit the forum every now and again, but not as obsesivelly as I am now.

If the album doesn't come around this time, Guns N Roses don't deserve any fans.

That would have been twice we'd have been built up, and twice knocked down. Its already now been 10 years, theyve got to release something new, because its just unfair on the fans.

But to be quite honest, I would be hugely surprised if it didn't come out this year. It must be down to final touches, but for real this time. axl doesn't speak to the media unless there's a reason. Besides, if they don't take advantage of this year's hype, theyll have blown their shot at making this the biggest rock album post-millenium.

Or will you still hang on, no matter how long it takes?

That's the one!!

Let me explain why...

I'm trying not to get my hopes up. I've done that far too many times when it comes to this band but...

I like to think that this also contributes and adds to the controversy and the mystery that is GNR and that is also one of the major reasons they are what they are today.

I'm not saying I don't like the leaks, I love 'em to death and already now them by heart. But as long as there is nothing official about a release I'll try not to get myself dragged into all these rumours and fantasies, mostly based on hearsay or wishful thinking by us the fans!

I admit this is not easy and sometimes I fail miserably! :laugh:

But as long as there is GNR, I will be a fan!!!

Now let's all go to the bar and enjoy this ride!!

If the album doesn't come around this time, Guns N Roses don't deserve any fans.

I agree with this statement. I don't think I would be a supporter on the New GNR unless someone from the old band(Izzy or Slash) came back to balance out Axl. I would give up if this isn't CD. GNR wouldn't deserve ANY fans. None of you guys should have to go through the same thing we went through in 2002 when we were brought up to mt. everest and then dropped all the way down.

None of you guys should have to go through the same thing we went through in 2002 when we were brought up to mt. everest and then dropped all the way down.

dude...we were there also...hence this thread.