RichardNixon

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

BIG NEWS!!!

Rumors from L.A. underground say SLASH is heading back to GUNS N’ ROSES!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like Dave Navarro (Lead guitar in Camp Freddy with Matt and Scott and in “Oh my God” of GnR) was already asked to join Velvet Revolver.

If this news was confirmed that would explain why SLASH was the one and only talking about Chinese Democracy release and why we are going to see GnR in Milan on June 4th!!!

Maybe this is the reason why it seams SLASH is not working on VR new album

Source: http://www.webalice.it/foreveruntil/news.htm

Doubt it is true.

I think this is a REAAAAAL long-shot, but these damn rumors just don't seem to go away.... something crazy to think about, but wasn't it reported in that SPIN article about Axl in '99 that Matt Sorum introduced Axl to Robin Finck to "play lead guitar along side Slash"? If that arrangement had worked... this is the line-up we would have been looking at then (say 96-97):

Axl Rose (vocals, piano)

Slash (lead guitar #1)

Robin Finck (lead guitar #2)

Paul Huge (rhythm guitar)

Duff McKagan (bass guitar)

Matt Sorum (drums)

Dizzy Reed (keyboards, piano)

A possible line-up today could look like:

Axl Rose (vocals, piano)

Slash (lead guitar #1)

Robin Finck (lead guitar #2)

Richard Fortus (rhythm guitar)

Duff McKagan (bass guitar)

Matt Sorum (drums)

Dizzy Reed (keyboards, piano)

Not that far off from what Matt and Axl were at least discussing 10 years ago (just sub Fortus in for Huge- which makes sense considering Fortus is a far superior player to Huge and assumedly Slash, Duff and Matt don't hate Fortus like they hated Huge)... of course, Sorum is a chronic self-promoter and there's no way to verify (that I am aware of) that he actually thought of Robin Finck as a good fit for GN'R... I do remember Duff saying Robin Finck was a "good player and a good guy"- but that he couldn't possibly stomach continuing on as GN'R w/o Slash... the outstanding issue would be what level of "loyalty" would Finck and Fortus feel to guys like Stinson, Brain, Pitman, etc... it would have to be pretty damn strong to pass up an opportunity to play Chinese Democracy in a re-configuration of the "original" Guns N' Roses though... damn strong.

Honestly I think it should be switched, Fortus never gets any respect...BTW, i'm pretty sure this is not gonna happen. :xmasschef2:

talking about "loyalty". Axl is not going to dump off his band to reunite with the old guys. Tommy Stinson has been in the band since 1998!! He's not going anywhere.

HAHAH Axl has loyalty? His loyalty stops at the name. Members, Crews, anyone else doesnt matter. All that does is the band Guns N' Roses is continued. If you can even call it that these days.. Usually an album is needed.. But then again its Axl Rose.

talking about "loyalty". Axl is not going to dump off his band to reunite with the old guys. Tommy Stinson has been in the band since 1998!! He's not going anywhere.

HAHAH Axl has loyalty? His loyalty stops at the name. Members, Crews, anyone else doesnt matter. All that does is the band Guns N' Roses is continued. If you can even call it that these days.. Usually an album is needed.. But then again its Axl Rose.

Ok fair enough Axl isn't the most loyal...but...if people show loyalty back to him (such as Dizzy, Tommy and Robin) I think he will be loyal, professional and respectful enough to stick with them.

Agreed.

Think about it. Just as Slash won't leave Duff,Axl is not going to tell Stinson to pack his shit up and leave.

BIG NEWS!!!

Rumors from L.A. underground say SLASH is heading back to GUNS N’ ROSES!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like Dave Navarro (Lead guitar in Camp Freddy with Matt and Scott and in “Oh my God” of GnR) was already asked to join Velvet Revolver.

If this news was confirmed that would explain why SLASH was the one and only talking about Chinese Democracy release and why we are going to see GnR in Milan on June 4th!!!

Maybe this is the reason why it seams SLASH is not working on VR new album

Source: http://www.webalice.it/foreveruntil/news.htm

Isn't this some kid's personal website or blog?

What possible credibility does it hold?

Just wishful thinking on some kid's part.

If a "credible source" makes this statement, a new thread can be started.

Until then - *locked*