Bon Jovi Takes Shot At Axl Over GNR Buzz

fittoburn

you know, i have quoted axl's famous line many times, and i'll do it again

"bon jovi can suck my dick"

i really hope we can hear this from axl again. bon jovi is a wannabe musician who never acomplished anything but prove he as a worthless asshole. for the record, the old IRS clip (leaked april 1st 2005) is better than anything i'v ever heard from bon jovi.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like an obervation not a shot at him. Part of the attention he gets is for vanishing while on top, not on work he's done over the past 10 years.

He's executing Anne Rices plan laid out in the vampire lestat for massive rock stardom. I wouldn't be suprised if he has a book coming out too. :)

JON BON JOVI is disgusted rock rival AXL ROSE receives more media attention than he does, because the reclusive GUNS N' ROSES frontman "hasn't made a record in 13 years". New Jersey rockers BON JOVI leaped to fame around the same time as the KNOCKIN' ON HEAVEN'S DOOR hitmakers and hates being regarded as an inferior to the group by the music press. He says, "You know what p**ses me off? I was reading this British rock magazine this month and there was a story about Axl Rose and the $13 million Guns N' Roses record that was never made. "That motherf**ker hasn't made a record in 13 years and he gets all that attention. You know what I've done in 13 years? A lot. But they have continued to write about the freak show aspect of him. Because he's a recluse. That makes him interesting, right?"

Well, Bon Jovi is right... that's the truth, there was no record for a long time but Axl still gets all the attention... maybe he should ask himself why :D

fire axl up, good good

only makes cd get released quicker

YEEHAW, jester's dead! :P

Slider..... you stink.

HA! :lol:

Seriously man, these days just keep gettin' better. Although, if I was your mother I'd tell you otherwise. Maybe we oughta just bounce before we get crushed by Saturday night.

:D

I can see where bon jovi is coming from here, he puts out a record every 2 years or so and axl hasnt released anythin in 13 years ! but I guess there is more anticipation for axls record because it's been so long, anyway most of the music from BJ after 91 sucks.

And anyway, the Bon Jovi can suck my dick quote from Axl was just a joke, he wasn't serious when he said it. Both Bon Jovi and GnR fans take it ouf of the context, while 95% have never heard the complete story or have actually heard the bootleg of that particular show.

What is the whole story? I'd love to hear it.

The whole story is that Jon is a hopeless romantic and he tends to fall in and out of love.

Ignoring the stupid, pointless and silly reply of rocketking, here's the story for you all:

Axl and a few other members of GnR members were haunted by a few cops because they had long hair and the cops called them hooray for tolerance!s. Then one of the cops called him Bon Jovi. Axl told this story to the crowd during a blues jam in Madison, USA during one of the shows as the opening act for Alice Cooper, and that's when Axl said to the crowd, in good humor "Bon Jovi can suck my dick", meaning, I'm not Bon Jovi, I'm Axl Rose and I've got nothing to do with Bon Jovi.

That's all. There was no fued between Axl and Bon Jovi, and later on, Axl was interviewed regarding the Bon Jovi can suck my dick incident, and he said he had nothing against Bon Jovi. He finds their music a bit too cheesy, but as long as Bon Jovi is happy with the music they're making, Axl is happy. He's got nothing against them. It's the fans from both camps (Bon Jovi ánd GnR) that blow this entire story out of proportions. The reasons why Axl sounded angry when he said it was because of the fight that GnR had with those cops and all the Axl hates hooray for tolerance!s publicity because of One In A Million, at that time. Not because of his anger at Bon Jovi.

you know, i have quoted axl's famous line many times, and i'll do it again

"bon jovi can suck my dick"

i really hope we can hear this from axl again. bon jovi is a wannabe musician who never acomplished anything but prove he as a worthless asshole. for the record, the old IRS clip (leaked april 1st 2005) is better than anything i'v ever heard from bon jovi.

Yeah, and if you would've read the entire topic, you would've noticed that that famous line of Axl has been quoted a few times before you. It would actually help a lot if people would read what's been posted here instead of going on the automatic bash pilot when it comes to artists that are different compared to Guns N' Roses/Axl.

So, Axl said it in good humor. That makes all of you people who think it's cool to quote Axl like that pathetic clowns. It's a bit of a shame that on a board with so many members so few can actually have proper discussions regarding things that have a little negativity considering GnR/Axl in it.

Edited by RNRS

JON BON JOVI is disgusted rock rival AXL ROSE receives more media attention than he does, because the reclusive GUNS N' ROSES frontman "hasn't made a record in 13 years". New Jersey rockers BON JOVI leaped to fame around the same time as the KNOCKIN' ON HEAVEN'S DOOR hitmakers and hates being regarded as an inferior to the group by the music press. He says, "You know what p**ses me off? I was reading this British rock magazine this month and there was a story about Axl Rose and the $13 million Guns N' Roses record that was never made. "That motherf**ker hasn't made a record in 13 years and he gets all that attention. You know what I've done in 13 years? A lot. But they have continued to write about the freak show aspect of him. Because he's a recluse. That makes him interesting, right?"

I wouldn't want to show such publicly how envious I am towards another person. What an asinine figure.

Definitely, this is nothin' but good publicity for Axl. Fuck, this is gettin' me so pumped seeing the feuds already startin' up like the old days and he's barely out of hibernation. It's back to the freakin' future for Axl whether he likes it or not and I'm lovin' it!

C'mon Axl, time to come out swingin!! rock2

Edited by Turn_It_Up

What Bon Jovi is saying is correct. It is strange that Axl gets so much attention and he hasn't done that much. But Jovi comes over as bitter rather an surprised or pleased. Bon got his share of attention. I'm not even sure Axl wants attention. Maybe Axl needs to make music to live his life.

What Bon Jovi is saying is correct. It is strange that Axl gets so much attention and he hasn't done that much. But Jovi comes over as bitter rather an surprised or pleased. Bon got his share of attention. I'm not even sure Axl wants attention. Maybe Axl needs to make music to live his life.

Look people, the comparison between Axl/JBJ or GNR/BonJ is ridiculous! Bon Jovi wrote some good, safe rock songs and I like their music and all.... BUT Guns N Roses (And Axl in Particular) revolutionized the industry and were voices for an entire generation that fely like they had no voice. There's very good reason why Axl is often compared to Jim Morrison. JBJ simply isn't on Axl's level musically, lyrically, or even on a sociological impact level.