On the road to 'Chinese Democracy' - 3-CD Set?

OTHAFA

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought I'd pass it along. It's kinda interesting.

David Lindquist of The Indianapolis Star is reporting that GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose caught the THE BIG DAMN BAND / DEREK TRUCKS BAND Feb. 23 performance at the Roxy Theatre in Hollywood, California. Afterwards, Rose hit a VIP party at upstairs bar On the Rox.

BIG DAMN BAND members the Rev. Josh Peyton, Breezy Peyton and Jayme Peyton — who are described as an Indianapolis-based roots blues trio — also attended the party. Beyond the high-profile gig on the West Coast, the arrival of Jayme's birthday at midnight gave the group reason to celebrate.

"(Rose) heard us say that it was my birthday, and he came over and bought me a couple of shots of Patron (tequila)," Jayme told The Indianapolis Star. "I thought that was real nice."

Photographic evidence of the drink can be viewed here.

Rose, sporting the cornrow hairstyle he unveiled during a brief GUNS N' ROSES comeback in 2002, displayed a good sense of humor, according to Jayme.

After Rose mentioned his own recent 44th birthday, Breezy jokingly said, "Man, that is old."

"(Rose) looked at the bartender and said, 'Hey can I get a Geritol over here,' " Jayme says.

Naturally, Rose and the BIG DAMN BAND bonded because of their shared Hoosier roots. In the old days, Rose told concert audiences that his native state of Indiana was Auschwitz revisited.

"I don’t think he really said anything bad about Indiana," Jayme says of the Hollywood meeting. "Maybe he didn't say anything especially good, either."

Jayme says the party eventually moved to TRUCKS' tour bus, where Rose produced a CD and previewed some of "Chinese Democracy" — which the singer said will be sold as a 3-disc collection.

"He still has the 'Axl voice,' " says Jayme, who recalls the 1991 GUNS N' ROSES album "Use Your Illusion I" as the first CD he ever purchased. "He was in the bus singing along. I couldn't believe it was still Axl's voice, all these years later."

EDIT: Shit, just saw the other post about this. Sorry, delete this.

Edited by SlashisGOD

Guest JohnUlmer

Maybe Axl told them "three discs will be released" and they thought he meant as a single package?

Think about it. He said in the past he plans on releasing one album first and others later on. He said in RS that CD will be thirteen tracks. The photo shows him with ONE disc.

A 3-disc collection would make me orgasm many times.

Put the gun down and step away from the computer.

:lol::lol: :lol: :rofl-lol: man warn me next time , this is too much

Anyway ...did i read what i think i just read ???? 3 CDS ????:shocked:

WOW that would be a good reward for all this waiting

Edited by love&hates

I think Axl will go all out and put out a 3 cd box set. If the music is perfect than why mess around. Just drop it and tour for the rest of time. Having said that the white album by beatles isnt recognized as much as it should be cos it costs too much. People always say Hey, Revolver is cool. That's cos it cost 5 Dollars.

Everyones got that.

There might be like 10 to 12 songs on each album if he plans to do his than.

I still have a doubt about it, actions are bigger than words still.

Lets wait before we all jerk off on our computers as someone kindly put it here.

:P

thats like telling a kid in Ethiopia not to eat the food in front of him!. :P

Edited by aussie_axl

Jesus fucking christ Axl, your a loaded rock star, change the fucking shirt :(

I was thinkin that. Hes had the same shirt in a lot of the recent pics! Maybe hes just got a wardrobe full of the same shirt :unsure:

Grimo.

I really liked this picture, it looks natural, it looks spontaneous, it looks like one of those photo’s that destined to become a classic. Who ever it belongs too should get it copyrighted and off to an agency. It sure as hell beats all the other photo’s that have been emerging of late.

www.truecolor.741.com.jpg

Edited by dobadog

He said to Rolling Stone 13 songs on CD, so 3 discs means that he plans to release 3 discs worth of material out of the songs he’s been working on so far. There’s nothing to get too excited over.

Besides we should walk before we run, and we should wait for official news on CD before looking forward to discs 2 and 3….

LP