Brian May confirmed on CITR

Mike McKagan

Queen guitarist Brian May has now issued an official response via www.brianmay.com in regard to fan questions about the guitarist's appearance on the rumored "Chinese Democracy" song "Catcher In The Rye", a track was recently leaked in an abbreviated fashion on the Internet.

May had secretly recorded the track with Rose and company some time ago, saying "It was a blast doing the sessions. I had flown out to LA specially to play on the record for Axl. I've sat on whatever I have or know about these songs ever since that moment .... out of respect for Axl .... confidentiality is part of respect for me."

The guitar legend also commented " 'Catcher in the Rye' is a great track .. I was pretty surprised to find a mix of it in my inbox this week .... after all these years. I wonder who leaked this stuff. Yes, my guitar is there, nice and crisply recorded. It was a blast doing the sessions."

Recently, confirmed festival appearances, freshly leaked tracks and public comments have fueled speculation that "Chinese Democracy", the long-awaited, most costly album recorded in history will finally see the light of day. At press time, however, there has been no official release date set for the much-hyped record.

SOURCE: BRIANMAY.com

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian May is lame by the way.

Senseless bashing. Brian May is a God and should be treated with respect, if you don't like him then tell us why, don't be an asshole.

what kind of rock star has a degree?

How about the sumo wrestler of beers, Mr Duff McKagan? He's got a degree in Accounts and Finance or something like that.

Brian May is lame by the way.

Senseless bashing. Brian May is a God and should be treated with respect, if you don't like him then tell us why, don't be an asshole.

what kind of rock star has a degree?

How about the sumo wrestler of beers, Mr Duff McKagan? He's got a degree in Accounts and Finance or something like that.

Brian May isn't a "god". I wouldn't go that far. He's a pretty damned fine guitarist, though.

You people need to stop idolizing artists to such a degree. It's frightening.

I consider Brian May a Guitar God because of his achievments and the highly succesful career he had with Queen, but he's also the nicest guy ever. Just a few reasons off the top of my head why W.Axl Kev shout stop talking shit about him;

Coming from Scotland you should read the Daily Record, if you do you may recall a story on the from page a few years ago about a young girl from an are of Scotland called Lenzie who commited suicide because she was bullied over her "goth" style. Who was the first person to write to the family expressing his condolences? Brian May

When Velvet Revolver came to the UK on ther first European tour, who showed up at the London gig to offer support with his mate Jimmy Page? Brian again

Another story you may remember from last weeks Daily Record about the Organised cull of hedgehogs on the Hebridean island of Uist, who wrote to Uist Council offering to drive to Uist and help transport hedgehogs to the mainland?

Brian May is a Legend, and a good friend to everyone he works with as can be judged from his relationship with Axl after he lost so many other talented musicians.

Shannon Hoon is guy who got a copy of "don´t cry" way before it was released on uyi.

He then sang it live in his band, because it is such a great song (ad not many people knew it was from guns), after Axl heard him singing the song he invited him to record backing vocals for don´t cry.

But in the end he sang the whole song together with axl as a duett (although i think axls voice is way louder and better to hear)