Can GN'R once again save rock?

Les Paul Slinger

I was just wondering how many of you out there think that Chinese Democracy will have the same effect that Appetite for Destruction had on rock more then 15 years ago? If you think about it, so-called rock today is going in a similiar direction that it was in the late 80's. Now I know, today's bands aren't sporting spandex or buying Aqua-Net in bulk, but to me the music is drifting aimlessly, bands have no today have no sunstance, no soul. Name one band today since Nirvana (whom makes me cringe)well maybe Velvet Revolver, that will stand the test of time, like Zeppeling, The Stones, GN'R, or Metallica? I think and pray that Axl and GN'R will step up and and reshake the whole world like they did so many years ago.

Velvet Revolver is the BEST rock has to offer right now. rock1

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don´t think it will have the same impact as AFD. Music availability has changed so much over the last few years and that has brought a larger perspective of it to more people so I think it´s hard to become so called supergroups nowadays.

The new GN´R record will of course, with the GN´R history in mind, have a very large impact in many other ways! No doubts there :P

Edited by Lukin

No. I really don't think so. New bands today (I realize Gn'R aren't new, but in a way they are) don't seem to get too big anymore. The only people that play really large venues and all are the nostalgia acts like the Stones and Bruce Springsteen. Axl is not new, Gn'R are not hip or cool... I don't think they can. That's not to say they can't put out some great music that will influence some people.

I don't think it's going to have any major impact on the music world. Rap music has become so dominant that teenagers aren't as receptive to rock music as they once were, especially when it's coming from a 44 year old that their parents probably listened to.

I don't think Axl and company can 'save' rock. I hope he can give it a much needed kick in the ass!

Go OHIO STATE BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!!!! ILLINOIS ISN'T GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

REPENT YE SINNERS AND CHRIST SHALL WASH ALL YOUR SINS AWAY AND CARRY YO AWAY TO HEAVEN BEFORE SATAN COMES AND TAKES THE WORLD TO HELL!!!!!!!!

I don't think Axl and company can 'save' rock. I hope he can give it a much needed kick in the ass!

Go OHIO STATE BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!!!! ILLINOIS ISN'T GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!

REPENT YE SINNERS AND CHRIST SHALL WASH ALL YOUR SINS AWAY AND CARRY YO AWAY TO HEAVEN BEFORE SATAN COMES AND TAKES THE WORLD TO HELL!!!!!!!!

yay!!!! buckeyes!!!!

im 15 and my parents think Axl is a horrible role model and dont want me on these forums. so that basically kills your theory...

No, it doesn't. I was talking about teenagers in general, not you and your parents. ;)

im 15 and my parents think Axl is a horrible role model and dont want me on these forums. so that basically kills your theory...

No, it doesn't. I was talking about teenagers in general, not you and your parents. ;)

your still wrong, unless your referring to all the hooray for tolerance!s runnin around the ghetto without a dad, not to many teenagers listen to rap anymore.

your still wrong, unless your referring to all the hooray for tolerance!s runnin around the ghetto without a dad, not to many teenagers listen to rap anymore.

It's the white kids in the suburbs, with their jeans hanging off their asses pretending to be gangstas. They're the ones to blame for the billboard charts looking the way they do.

Better be careful with the derogatory racist statements, FYI.

It's the white kids in the suburbs, with their jeans hanging off their asses pretending to be gangstas. They're the ones to blame for the billboard charts looking the way they do.

idk where the hell you live but thats not how it is.

Exactly, which other demographic contributed to the incredible success of Eminem? He's still the most popular hip hop artist in the business...

lol ok now that i realized that ive pretty much lost this pointless argument im going to bow out by getting very technical and point out that Takeshi said

Rap music has become so dominant that teenagers aren't as receptive to rock music as they once were
and the ones leading the charts are hip hop artists.

sry about the hooray for tolerance!s comment i just a little jumpy.

lol ok now that i realized that ive pretty much lost this pointless argument im going to bow out by getting very technical and point out that Takeshi said
Rap music has become so dominant that teenagers aren't as receptive to rock music as they once were
and the ones leading the charts are hip hop artists.

sry about the hooray for tolerance!s comment i just a little jumpy.

Someone's gonna have to explain to be the difference between rap and hip hop to me. Oh wait, I don't care. :monkey:

Guns N Roses did recently sold out 16 000 thousands tickets on 8 hours in Stocholm Sweden. For a band that havent given out any new material in 13 years( only unofficial, and 1 single). The last years the new band have been given very bad rumor after canselled gigs and no new material. VR guys has threaten new Guns bad and given them alot of shit in media. Almost nothin posetive over the last years.

I think the mystic Axl Rose and the well known myth Chinese Democracy has done Chinese Democracy and Guns N Roses very exiting. This mystical thing about CD and Axl do GNR a very interesting band...

I just wonder if Velvet Revolver could have sold out an arena i North Europe in 8 hours...well...

-Velvet revolver...hahahaha

New people are turned on to Guns N' Roses everyday. People have been spoon fed the hip hop culture, and the music for so many years, and rock music has just went straight into the toilet that it's either, listen to 50 Cent, or listen to Nickleback.

OF COURSE SO MANY PEOPLE ARE LISTENING TO HIP HOP!

People are dying for something new, that's why you see a lot of people getting into that pop punk garbage like All American Rejects, Good Charlotte, Sum 41, or whatever.

People WANT to break away from Hip Hop, people want some Rock N' Roll. Guitar solos, meaningful lyrics, hypnotic vocals. The hunger for Rock has always been there, it's been there since The King. It's here now. Sure Axl Rose is 44, but so what. If the music is good, then that doesn't matter. People will latch on to it, people will cheer it, people will buy it.

I have let a few of my friends that are into hip hop and pop punk listen to the new leaks, and it's blown them away. They come over sometimes just to listen to the new songs.

Maybe some of you all don't understand the firepower of these songs, because you grew up with the old guns, and all you can think about is how this is NOT the old Guns. But to people who are hearing GNR for the first time it's that same ole "HOLY SHIT" reaction, like the first time you heard Welcome To The Jungle.

Chinese Democracy will be the number one album in America regardless of how the music industry has changed. Greatest Hits is still on the charts, and people could just as easily download those songs. Chinese Democracy is going to be the biggest album in a VERY long time. Will the album have any number one hits, who knows, and who really cares? The album is about direction, inspiration, passion, it's about Rock N' Roll, and Rock hasn't ever been about awards, and number one hits.

Rock has always been about the fans, the music has always been about 'getting out what everyone tries to supress, and keep inside'.

When real rock returns, the people will embrace it.

Chinese Democracy will save Rock N' Roll