Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

The Trifecta  

82 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sabbath were really the ones who pionered the sound, put their output since 1980 has been a joke.

They were the most original at the time, LZ was the only group of the 3 who ended at the right time and left a clean legacy.

I think Blackmore is the best guitarist of the 3.

I agree on the guitaring subject, but I don't think Purple needed to end. Surely their studio album probably don't compare to the 70's stuff, but they have a somewhat of a legacy intact still.

Simply because they haven't been overexposed.

Except by niche journalists

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sabbath were really the ones who pionered the sound, put their output since 1980 has been a joke.

They were the most original at the time, LZ was the only group of the 3 who ended at the right time and left a clean legacy.

I agree on the guitaring subject, but I don't think Purple needed to end. Surely their studio album probably don't compare to the 70's stuff, but they have a somewhat of a legacy intact still.

Yes, but what matters is that our mothers know nothing more than "Smoke on the Water" from DP, whereas they know just about everything by Led Zeppelin.

So I was listening to "Shades of Deep Purple" last night, and I'm thinking, they do "Hey Joe" what the fuck? Turns out Blackmore was more than able to pull it off, even in Hendrix's shadow.

So I was listening to "Shades of Deep Purple" last night, and I'm thinking, they do "Hey Joe" what the fuck? Turns out Blackmore was more than able to pull it off, even in Hendrix's shadow.

Dude if you think Blackmore is good on that,

Check out the songs Child in Time and Highway Star.

Blackmore is a guitar god, and yes is better than the other, i loved how he never settled on one style but rather kept on progressing, adding medievil elements etc.

My list goes.

Deep Purple

Sabbath

Zeppelin.

Purple and Sabbath were much more influentual than Zep in the genre of Metal. Sabbath can be thanked for inventing Heavy Metal, Pruple can be thanked for invented Speed Metal.

Purple and Sabbath were much more influentual than Zep in the genre of Metal. Sabbath can be thanked for inventing Heavy Metal, Pruple can be thanked for invented Speed Metal.

Which is why I like Zeppelin more. They had a big influence on hard rock bands, like GN'R for example.

Which is why I like Zeppelin more. They had a big influence on hard rock bands, like GN'R for example.

I dig your reason.

The reason I love Sabbath is the fact that they pretty much created everything metal would ever become, listen to "War Pigs/Luke's Wall", it's all there.

I dig your reason.

The reason I love Sabbath is the fact that they pretty much created everything metal would ever become, listen to "War Pigs/Luke's Wall", it's all there.

The Sabbath formula became tired after Sabotage, I'd say. But by trying to progress their music it didn't sound right either.

Zeppelin and Purple did the first step, but Sabbath put the base, then bands like Iron Maiden and Judas Priest consolidated the Metal sound, after them bands like Metallica came with a much more powerful sound and Thrash Metal was made. The rest is history....

By The Way my top:

Led Zeppelin

Deep Purple

Black Sabbath

I have Band Of Joy's Version of Hey Joe (With Plant) from 67' and Plant's solo version of it from 3 years ago...each are absolutely stunning and much more inventive (at least the second) and the vocals are crrrrrrazzzzy in the first

I'm a bit of a zeppelin fanatic

a couple bootlegs (including the one you gave me...4 boots)

I suggest BBC sessions as well..but how the west is won is much better as a concert officially given out...3 cdsssss!!

Yes, but what matters is that our mothers know nothing more than "Smoke on the Water" from DP, whereas they know just about everything by Led Zeppelin.

Strange mothers you got down there. My mother knows exactly two songs from Led Zeppelin, Stairway and Whole Lotta Love. Others dont even know that, and as Purple songs theres Smoke on the Water, Child in Time.

My list:

Black Sabbath

Deep Purple

Led Zeppelin

Without Sabbath music wouldnt be what it is today.

1. Deep Purple

2. Zeppelin

3. Sabbath

Purple for me. Blackmore is a great guitarist and there songs are more hard rock than Sabbath but not as bluesy as Zeppelin. Perfect Combo. Everyone should own Machine Head and listen to lazy.

I won't even say a word about Child In Time ... And other Deep Purple songs drag too long for me. I like to listen to them occasionally though, I kinda like Hush. And some parts of Highway Star I like.

I get tired of Black Sabbath too quickly, though Iron Man was really cool when I first heard it.

I get tired of Led Zeppelin, well, I get tired of everything after a while, but I can listen to hours of them and rock out to the songs. Page is, IMO, the best riff-writer ever. They're my favourite band after the Beatles.

So it's Zeppelin for me.

but how the west is won is much better as a concert officially given out...3 cdsssss!!

A lot of it's shit though.

Bullocks bullocks bullocks crap.

The only track on there that you might just get away with saying that in a completely justified way would be LA Drone. And thats a 10 second build up to the first song.

Edited by Zang!

What about the tedium of the 20 minute drum solo, the violin bow routine and even the rock and roll jam? I felt sorry for the audience.

your opinion isnt mine! the audience pay to see two things -

uno - great music.

two - a great show.

just because the jam doesn't cater to your tastes, you've got to admit that it might to many others?

and if you don't like it, i'm sure phil collins will be releasing a new disney soundtrack soon.