Scotts letter to AXL removed

Vadin

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you actually KNOW this kid? Are you involved with Axl Slash or the band management?

How can the band be fine as they have NO confirmed lead guitar player... newsflash:- Buckethead left.

Robin Finck is the lead guitar player. If you knew anything about the 2002 tour, you would know that Finck actually played more solos than Bucket did :book:

Actually as a FRONTMAN Axl is better, but as a SINGER I would say Scotty has the better voice. I dig them both but that's the reality. Axl sounds like a squawking parrot sometimes, i'd hate to be mixing him on solo in the studio :shocked: Go take a listen to 'Oh My God' or 'Garden of Eden' for example then get back to me. :rolleyes:

Scott doesn't have nearly as wide a range as Axl does vocally. Anything Scott can do, Axl can do.. But Scott can't pull off everything Axl does. Theres only a couple old GNR songs Scott can actually kinda sing.

and i think axl's voice kicks ass on 'oh my god'

Agreed

axl's dillusion is an axl worshipper...if axl whipped out his serpentine, AD would be there with his tongue wagging....to him every thing is 'Axl= rock3' and 'Everybody else = :fuckyou: '....

He's one of those GNR fans that only likes the band because he believes everything in the media about Axl being a bad boy. He hardly has any educated opinion on music.

I think Axl's voice is probably one of the best male voices in rock history, as well as Tyler, Plant, and Jeff Martin. Scott can def hold his own...but scott is more of a Bowie style singer...crooner-like.

How do you actually KNOW this kid? Are you involved with Axl Slash or the band management?

How can the band be fine as they have NO confirmed lead guitar player... newsflash:- Buckethead left.

Robin Finck is the lead guitar player. If you knew anything about the 2002 tour, you would know that Finck actually played more solos than Bucket did :book:

Actually as a FRONTMAN Axl is better, but as a SINGER I would say Scotty has the better voice. I dig them both but that's the reality. Axl sounds like a squawking parrot sometimes, i'd hate to be mixing him on solo in the studio :shocked: Go take a listen to 'Oh My God' or 'Garden of Eden' for example then get back to me. :rolleyes:

Scott doesn't have nearly as wide a range as Axl does vocally. Anything Scott can do, Axl can do.. But Scott can't pull off everything Axl does. Theres only a couple old GNR songs Scott can actually kinda sing.

nothing kicks ass on Oh My God. nothing. its utter shit. if it was released by any other band people would have just laughed. however since its Gn'R there's a couple of people of here who like it just for that reason. Its a shit song? shit dude if its Gn'R then its gotta be cool otherwise i'll have to admit the band were better with Izzy. ignore your ears and like it because its by a band you adore. lame. samething with shitworms, any idiot with a synth coulda written that and said bitch a couple of times over the top.

Robin Finck is the lead guitar player.

I rest my case. I'm yet to hear any of Finck's guitar work with NIN so i can't really picture him taking on Slash's cannon of work. In a best case scenario the notes might be there but the feel and emotion certainly won't be... :rofl-lol:

Anything Scott can do, Axl can do.. But Scott can't pull off everything Axl does.

Could you perhaps direct us to the STP/VR songs that Axl has sung so we can compare? Or perhaps you are vocal coach for both and have evidence to back this up...

That about sums you up kid. :rofl-lol:

Scott is an idiot who has seriously messed things up by saying what he did. He doesn't deserve to even stand in Axl's shadow and he is making no new fans or friends for what he has said. He may even lose fans because of this

axl's dillusion is an axl worshipper...if axl whipped out his serpentine, AD would be there with his tongue wagging....to him every thing is 'Axl= rock3' and 'Everybody else = :fuckyou: '....

He's one of those GNR fans that only likes the band because he believes everything in the media about Axl being a bad boy. He hardly has any educated opinion on music.

LOL - nice! :) I can understand young kids like this worshipping the myth of Axl. Like you say, it's that whole romance of being 'King Rebel' that appeals to those who hero worship rock stars. Unfortunatley, the reality is that Axl is not a decent human being (as he fully admits himself), and he sure doesn't give a flying fuck about the fans like Axl's Disillusion, as he has proven over and over again, more so than ever since the UYI days. However, i still appreciate what Axl did back in the day, and for that i still listen to his past repertoire with fondness and respect. However, the guy really needs to either go into obscurity and live of his vast wealth now, go solo and stand or fall on his own merits or just back down and do a Motley type original member reunion deal with the possibly of a new record after. That's the only way forward as far as i'm concerned. This new stuff i've heard is like a poor mans NIN with cheesy samples and overdubs fronted by a blues based rock n roll singer who sounds dated and out of touch.

Unfortunatley, the reality is that Axl is not a decent human being (as he fully admits himself),

Do you actually know Axl? Or are you basing your opinion on rumors and speculation?

I've read articles over the years that shows he is a 'decent human being'.

LOL - nice! :) I can understand young kids like this worshipping the myth of Axl. Like you say, it's that whole romance of being 'King Rebel' that appeals to those who hero worship rock stars. Unfortunatley, the reality is that Axl is not a decent human being (as he fully admits himself), and he sure doesn't give a flying fuck about the fans like Axl's Disillusion, as he has proven over and over again, more so than ever since the UYI days. However, i still appreciate what Axl did back in the day, and for that i still listen to his past repertoire with fondness and respect. However, the guy really needs to either go into obscurity and live of his vast wealth now, go solo and stand or fall on his own merits or just back down and do a Motley type original member reunion deal with the possibly of a new record after. That's the only way forward as far as i'm concerned. This new stuff i've heard is like a poor mans NIN with cheesy samples and overdubs fronted by a blues based rock n roll singer who sounds dated and out of touch.

bla...bla...bla....Axl , I want Slash back in GNR........please Axl, don't make me cut off my Mullet........I will lick yer ass if you hired Slash back................Please Axl. rock2

bla...bla...bla...bla......AXL......Please!

I hope everyone comes to their senses. I am glad that it was removed. I have seen STP in concert several times, trust me Scott Weiland is not a bad guy. It is the circumastances that is causing all these agregious behavior. I hope these 40 somethings don't act like 20 somethings. Scott is not stupid or untalented as many of you are stating. He is actually very intelligent. But I still have no sympathy or compassion for his constant drug-abuse. I would like to see VR bring out his best, and I would like to see Axl's band do the same. Maybe one day in the not-so-distant future, we will have a full reunion. I know Steven Adler & Izzy & even Gilby Clarke have been playing together sporadically. It may happen some day.

I posted this on VR's website. We'll see if the mods post it. Here's hopin.

FOR SCOTT

A moderator will review your new discussion topic. If you want to change its title or heading, please click on Edit now. To submit your topic, please click on OK.

Your discussion topic will appear as follows:

Sweetchile11 - 04:08pm Mar 15, 2006 EST

Wow man, that letter Axl packed a lot of punch. A lot of anger there. But dude, bad move. It was very sophmoric and immature and the vast majority of GNR/VR fans are seeing it for exactly that. Dont believe me? Do a little homework assignment and check the forums. Bad PR move man. A lot of the people who go and spend money on you and your shows are HUGE supporters of Axl, myself included. Youre a grown ass man, have a little class. The "fraud" and "spineless" comments were added in Axl's letter to show how Slash was sending all sorts of mixed and strange signals. You took it WAY too personally. Your response was like a 14 year old girl writing mean notes about someone who talked shit about your 'friends". Gossip responding to gossip. But Axl wasnt talking shit. He's being sued. This is what happens. Dont act so hurt and angry. Its bad for your 'bad manchild' image.

Oh, and by the by, if you wanna throw insults at someones appearance, something that they cant help...maybe you should start being concerned about your own. Your dress style is a tad on the, oh shall i say, late 80s AXL-like. Hmm. Strange. Cant imagine why. I wont comment on the things you cant help. I actually am better than that.

Best wishes and hoping youve learned from this lame ass mistake....Nick

Edited by sofine11

I hope everyone comes to their senses. I am glad that it was removed. I have seen STP in concert several times, trust me Scott Weiland is not a bad guy. It is the circumastances that is causing all these agregious behavior. I hope these 40 somethings don't act like 20 somethings. Scott is not stupid or untalented as many of you are stating. He is actually very intelligent. But I still have no sympathy or compassion for his constant drug-abuse. I would like to see VR bring out his best, and I would like to see Axl's band do the same. Maybe one day in the not-so-distant future, we will have a full reunion. I know Steven Adler & Izzy & even Gilby Clarke have been playing together sporadically. It may happen some day.

Great post!!!

I'm agree with you on that..

I like STP me and my brother have their albums i think Purple is a masterpiece..

I'm just not agree with the letter, it was a big mistake from his part.. post that on his official wesite..

It was a bad idea.. :no:

Edited by nathalie92

Original Gunner your posts are laughable and very scary :scared:

when the occasion arises, I could scare all of you...but not now because "they" have given my first warning thingy!! so Charlies on his best behaviour for a bit...

Oh that sucks CM, you're at your very best when mis-behaving :)

Original Gunner your posts are laughable and very scary :scared:

when the occasion arises, I could scare all of you...but not now because "they" have given my first warning thingy!! so Charlies on his best behaviour for a bit...

Oh that sucks CM, you're at your very best when mis-behaving :)

I know dude!! all because I requested an instremental leak and threatened to kill everyone on the forum...

I mean whats up with that?? :unsure: