Scotts letter to AXL removed

Vadin

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bla...bla...bla....Axl , I want Slash back in GNR........please Axl, don't make me cut off my Mullet........I will lick yer ass if you hired Slash back................Please Axl. rock2

bla...bla...bla...bla......AXL......Please!

This is rich coming from a kid who has Buckethead as his avatar and signature... :rofl-lol:

bla...bla...bla....Axl , I want Slash back in GNR........please Axl, don't make me cut off my Mullet........I will lick yer ass if you hired Slash back................Please Axl. rock2

bla...bla...bla...bla......AXL......Please!

This is rich coming from a kid who has Buckethead as his avatar and signature... :rofl-lol:

screw you OG, Funral is awesome!! :P

Original Gunner your posts are laughable and very scary :scared:

when the occasion arises, I could scare all of you...but not now because "they" have given my first warning thingy!! so Charlies on his best behaviour for a bit...

Oh that sucks CM, you're at your very best when mis-behaving :)

I know dude!! all because I requested an instremental leak and threatened to kill everyone on the forum...

I mean whats up with that?? :unsure:

That seems perfectly acceptable to me rock4

:

i'm an axl rose wannabe'

041109worcestermaronglen025tm.jpg

That's funny :)

Sad but true!! :D

He looks like Almost Famous in that pic.

As for the letter - this isn't the first time there's been an issue with something that Scott posted. Remember the election thing?

R.

Velvet Revolver Rock.

Guns N' Roses Rock.

That's all there is to it for me. Axl should never have posted the statement in the first place. It was asking for trouble and now a stupid little bitching fest has started. Lame! Grow up and release music you bunch of old rock stars! :sleeper::sleeper:

I doubt they ever expected to keep Scott's response out there forever. They put out a response to a specific incident, it got it's press and attention and then you remove. If and when Slash makes a statement regarding this, I doubt they'll keep it posted forever. I don't think this is an issue either side should want to dwell on. It's hardly an Axl highlight, and both camps(hopefully) have bigger missions to focus on...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Unfortunatley, the reality is that Axl is not a decent human being (as he fully admits himself),

Do you actually know Axl? Or are you basing your opinion on rumors and speculation?

I've read articles over the years that shows he is a 'decent human being'.

Well i'm basing it on documented facts like this...

"Sometimes there's these girls backstage going,"I love you". I feel like saying,"Honey if you knew me,you would hate my f***ing guts" - Axl Rose 1989.

And his ex Stephanie Seymour getting a restraining order against him in fear for her own safety.

And the comments from VH-1's Behind the Music where Slash tells of Axl's insane meglamania where he would threaten to quit the band if the other members didn't do as he said. The list is endless...

So you can make your own mind up from those examples. However, from a musical point of view i still love the guy to death. From a personal one i wouldn't want to know him. :rolleyes:

Hey Original Gunner,

What's with all the paternal dialogue, calling everyone "kid"?

Lame if that is all you can come up with for putting someone down for liking the new guns.

I also notice you never address me or my comments in the threads. Must be cause I know what I'm talking about and make some sense.

Guns is not and never will be what you want them to be. So when they become big again, don't go and see them. Don't buy the album. Let others enjoy, while you continue to enjoy Appetite.

Axl should not change the name or go solo. He was and is the heart and soul of guns. Slash and co left cause they didn't want to change. Same old shit a la VR.

So enjoy VR and all the old material. Many of us want to expand into new territory.

Get some new material too.

Robin Finck is the lead guitar player.

I rest my case. I'm yet to hear any of Finck's guitar work with NIN so i can't really picture him taking on Slash's cannon of work. In a best case scenario the notes might be there but the feel and emotion certainly won't be... :rofl-lol:

I don't know dude, if you haven't heard his work then maybe don't judge it. Finck absolutely butchered Slash's fantastic solos during the 2002 tour. He was fair game for that. But I have always said that I don't really care about this. The most important thing is whether he can write some good solos for the album. That was what Slash did best, he came up with magical solos. While I don't think the stuff we've heard in the new demos ranks up there with what Slash can do, I also don't think it's realistic to expect that. The new solos are great. They are GN'R worthy and that's the main thing.

To this day I've been one of the bigger Slash defenders on this forum, but your posts are getting tiresome even for me. Better and CITR are fantastic songs, as is The Blues. These are as good as any other GN'R song. Axl has proven to me that I should put my faith in him. Truth is I never really doubted him, I've supported him for years now, but I needed the kick in the ass these songs gave me. They have me thinking again that this album has what it takes to be truly massive, and I just wasn't sure if that was possible before. It's gotten to the point where it matters less and less to me who is on this album. I just wanna hear what Axl's got. When he's done with this little project (one album, two, or even three) then it's time to consider a reunion. Have the old band reunite and not getting Chinese Democracy is not ideal either. This is almost a decade in the making, and what I've heard so far is great. I want to hear the finished product and if Axl thinks this band has what it takes then that's good enough for me. Sure, I'd love Slash back...but the goal right now is Chinese Democracy. You don't come this far only to throw that away. CD is coming man, deal with it.

Edited by KBear

I also notice you never address me or my comments in the threads.

All good things to those that wait kid ;) . Hey, I haven't noticed your comments until now so that's the reason why. Anyway, welcome!

Axl should not change the name or go solo. He was and is the heart and soul of guns. Slash and co left cause they didn't want to change. Same old shit a la VR.

First up, you obviously don't understand the dynamics of a classic band. One member does not carry the load of a great group. It's about chemistry within and every member plays an integral part. As i've said before there's a reason why Led Zep never carried on after their drummer died and they could've had anyone they wanted (this is not a comparison of Adler/Sorum to Bonham btw). The only people who THINK G'N'R is Axl are those too young to have seen them first hand and understand the integrity and chemistry of the original guys. It was a brotherhood of equals. Now it's a puppet show of no names with a famous has-been pulling the strings.

Secondly, where does this crap about other band members not wanting to change come from? Has Slash or anyone else involved ever stated that that's why they all bailed? They just got tired of Axl and waiting around to rock for over 10 years! it's all documented. You talk like these guys are stuck in the stoneage and incapable of evolving musically which is utter nonsense. You don't have to be Trent fucking Reznor or Moby to create cutting edge music. These guys are seasoned pros who can play and innovate. They just choose to ROCK hard!

OK, but can i have 13 years? I mean it's only fair seeing as you've given Axl that long right? :rofl-lol:

Edited by Original Gunner

All good things to those that wait kid ;) . Hey, I haven't noticed your comments until now so that's the reason why. Anyway, welcome!

First up, you obviously don't understand the dynamics of a classic band. One member does not carry the load of a great group. It's about chemistry within and every member plays an integral part. As i've said before there's a reason why Led Zep never carried on after their drummer died and they could've had anyone they wanted (this is not a comparison of Adler/Sorum to Bonham btw). The only people who THINK G'N'R is Axl are those too young to have seen them first hand and understand the integrity and chemistry of the original guys. It was a brotherhood of equals. Now it's a puppet show of no names with a famous has-been pulling the strings.

Secondly, where does this crap about other band members not wanting to change come from? Has Slash or anyone else involved ever stated that that's why they all bailed? They just got tired of Axl and waiting around to rock for over 10 years! it's all documented. You talk like these guys are stuck in the stoneage and incapable of evolving musically which is utter nonsense. You don't have to be Trent fucking Reznor or Moby to create cutting edge music. These guys are seasoned pros who can play and innovate. They just choose to ROCK hard!

OK, but can i have 13 years? I mean it's only fair seeing as you've given Axl that long right? :rofl-lol:

Original Gunner, have you been watching School of Rock......AGAIN?

I think it's time you try out another film, honestly there are other good films out there. I know that you may not be ready for such a big change so I'll list some movies that you might want to check out to make the transition smooth...

Angels In The Outfield

Surf Ninjas

Suburban Commando

-Enjoy

Edited by Ultrastar

The thing is, Axl has an ability to create chemistry with whomever he works with. He brings things out of people that they never knew existed. He methodically pushes them to reach further to create something truly excellent. Yes, old guns had that chemistry. As did Zeppelin. But what you don't seem to want to recognize is that this is what those who love him, love him for. He is one in a million. He can do things others can't. He is an extraordinary musician, and that is why people are drawn to him. Slash is a very talented guitar player, but he can't seem to do what he did in guns. He chooses to do the same old same old. I mean that last album was like, WTF where are the solos. Is this St Anger?

Back on topic, Axl has that magic with whomever he works with. I mean, look at the players he has now and their backgrounds. They are all so different. And yet, he has pulled them together to make a very difficult record. Other than Bucket, no one has left in years. No offense to Slash and Duff and VR, but there stuff is forgettable for the most part. They are not in the stoneage, but seem to be in a comfortable place rehashing the same riffs. They may innovate to a small extent, but not enough.

Also, they may have waited around for Axl, but maybe he waited for them to clean their drugged out acts up. They were fucked up big time. Maybe he waited and then thought, you know what, these guys and I have grown too far apart. They are no longer in line with what vision I had for Guns, to evolve and break new ground. So maybe he waited till they left. He likely had many personal issues also.

I have seen the Ritz and many other shows by the original line up. You are right about the chemistry. They had it big time. But the catalyst was Axl. You just cannot deny that. It is proven in the fact that the material new guns has composed is far superior than anything by the other members, Izzy included. Period. There is only one reason why.

I enjoy a healthy debate. Take it from here.

Edited by axlsfury

Scott's a fuckin bohemian ass crack sniffer. He wears tight pants and looks anarexic. On the live version of Sliver on the Letterman show during Slash's solo, he stared dancing like a goddamn stipper and slash was the pole. He tries to rip off Axl so much, so screw that ass face.

People forget Slash fucked up solos too. Listen to the Tokyo show. Brutal at some points. No one is perfect. Finck has the soul and the commitment that Guns deserves. Let him prove he has what it takes.

That's very true. He screwed up the "November Rain" solo so bad. It was pathetic. Robin never fucked any of his solos over. Robin's solo for "The Blues" owns anyway. Same for "Better". There's way too much emotion in there and I doubt Slash could ever recreate that emotion.

i'm an axl rose wannabe'

The thing is if your gonna copy someone...might as well copy the coolest frontman of all time. Mr. Axl Rose.

The thing is..Scott isn't copying Axl. A lot of frontmen dress/have dressed like that.

if scott were really copying Axl, he'd put braids in his hair like and egyptian princess, and get a beer belly.

i'm an axl rose wannabe'

The thing is if your gonna copy someone...might as well copy the coolest frontman of all time. Mr. Axl Rose.

The thing is..Scott isn't copying Axl. A lot of frontmen dress/have dressed like that.

if scott were really copying Axl, he'd put braids in his hair like and egyptian princess, and get a beer belly.

Ouch