Judge Refuses To Slash Verdict In GUNS N' ROSES Suit - Mar. 16, 2006

LoungeFly04

Found this at www.blabbermouth.net

Sorry for the confusing thread title, I just borrowed it from Blab. The article has nothing to do with Slash, as in the guitarist. Anyway here it is:

"Judge Refuses To Slash Verdict In GUNS N' ROSES Suit - Mar. 16, 2006

Asher Hawkins of The Legal Intelligencer has issued the following report:

A Philadelphia judge has declined to remit the six-figure verdict a jury awarded to a woman who claimed a December 2002 ankle injury outside the then-First Union Center was caused by arena management's failure to foresee and prevent the riotous behavior sure to sweep the crowd once the cancellation of a GUNS N' ROSES concert was announced.

Michelle Heenan was, at the time of the accident, a single 39-year-old Northeast Philadelphia resident who worked as an administrative assistant at a local hospital.

Heenan asserted that defendants Comcast Spectator and Spectrum Arena Limited Partnership should have recognized the crowd would become unruly when the rock band's Philadelphia show was canceled, as roughly a month earlier, GUNS N' ROSES fans in Vancouver, British Columbia, had rioted when the band called off its show in that city.

Heenan had also filed suit against the band and various tour and concert promotion companies, but those defendants were either dismissed or granted nonsuits.

In the spring of 2005, the jury in Heenan v. Comcast Spectator found against Comcast Spectator and Spectrum Arena Limited and awarded Heenan $140,000.

In an opinion filed last week, Philadelphia Common Pleas Judge Eugene E.J. Maier urged the Superior Court to affirm his denial of the defense's post-trial motions seeking JNOV, a new trial or remittitur.

Read the rest of the article at www.law.com."

great. Now Guns N' Roses are gonna be banned from Philadelphia or some shit and I'll have to drive for at least an hour and a half to see them...no real problem i guess, just a little bit of inconvenience. It's all right though

great. Now Guns N' Roses are gonna be banned from Philadelphia or some shit and I'll have to drive for at least an hour and a half to see them...no real problem i guess, just a little bit of inconvenience. It's all right though

Dude,

You expected GNR to ever show up in Philly again? You can add that list to St. Louis, Montreal and Vancouver. Don't expect GNR to be pulling up their tour buses in any of those cities.

Cheers,

Andrew

Dude,

You expected GNR to ever show up in Philly again? You can add that list to St. Louis, Montreal and Vancouver. Don't expect GNR to be pulling up their tour buses in any of those cities.

You forgot Toronto [with Metallica], Axl has a LONG, LONG way to go before regaining my trust. I know it sucks for the fans, but what do you expect the local managers to do? I wouldn't ever book them before I see how they do in other places - maybe that is why they are beginning their tour now in Europe.

Dude,

You forgot Toronto [with Metallica], Axl has a LONG, LONG way to go before regaining my trust. I know it sucks for the fans, but what do you expect the local managers to do? I wouldn't ever book them before I see how they do in other places - maybe that is why they are beginning their tour now in Europe.

I was speaking strictly on the places where a GNR no-show or walkoff resulted in a riot of some sort. Plus, I think you're confusing Toronto with Montreal. It was Montreal where fans rioted after Axl walked off the stage because of audio and vocal problems. But I am having a difficult time remembering what happened in Toronto when GNR toured with Metallica... I thought they played, or should I say, left the Montreal show, and played a gig in Toronto with Metallica a few nights later in Toronto. That was partly why my parents didn't let me go see the Toronto show at the time (was only 13). Said I could go see GNR the next time they came around (10 years later it turns out).

Cheers,

Andrew