Radio Play

DirtpoorRockstar

My god, it finally happend, Axl let out a huge screem! 2 songs on the Radio, my heart stoped for just a beat, my god was it really happing? I loved it it was great then after 2 days of hype, nothing, silence, no more radio play gone in a flash, noooooooooooooooooo! It was a cool thing the radio guy on 100.7 wmms comes on saying that he had the New Guns n Roses and that they where going to play it at 5 o'clockpm they said they had to play it then (on friday) so they wouldn't get a gag order put on them keeping them from playing it, then they made us all waite another 45 min it was hell, but as promised the played IRS, I dam near fainted, took you long enough Axl! then for about 2 days the played IRS and TWAT talk about how they liked it and it was cool, but then it was over no more like it all never happend, haven't heared anything since. what the Hell!!!! So my question is this, how many times have they played the songs in your area and are they still playing them? how the hell is it soposed to raise intrest if it's not getting the air time it deserves, I don't want them to burn it out of corse, but why the silence, and is it just me or was Axls' voice mixed down a little too much on the songs? Give me yell people let me know. thanx :anger:

I think that if GNR keeps getting radio play for a song like "I.R.S." then they will definitely be rewarding fans. The first new GNR song I heard after the 2001-2002 set list was the 3 minute something better quality version of "I.R.S.". I thought THAT was a good song. But when the new leaks came around, I about shit my pants when I heard "Better". 'NUFF SAID.

how many times have they played the songs in your area and are they still playing them?
One time and no more.
how the hell is it soposed to raise intrest if it's not getting the air time it deserves, I don't want them to burn it out of corse, but why the silence, and is it just me or was Axls' voice mixed down a little too much on the songs?
The songs are infact demoes that the G&Rcamp don't want to be played on the radio.

About the mixed down thing, who knows what it'll sound like in the end. It's just demoes. :xmasssanta:

• 3 weeks later...

The only time I here GNR on the radio is when someone rarely requests November Rain or Sweet Child O' Mine, or when they win a best song or best riff poll. As for the new songs i've never heard them on the radio. I think your right, they do need more publicity on the radio. They sure arn't getting it anywhere other than the internet and most of thats fake or just saying how much someone hates Axl.

rock3

never heard them on the radio but i see them on the music channels quite often

Just the opposite for me. GNR is always played on my radio station, but I rarely see them on music channels.

personaly i dont care if its radio or tv GNR is GNR the music is the same. :) i'd love to hear GNR on the radio loads

my radio (local) plays them alot 4-5 different songs a day rock3 , but not the leaks though

(my radio, also is on the web, if you want the link, pm me, it's a good station no simple plan, or good charlotte or any other wannabe's, just good rock)

Edited by wink

my radio plays them alot 4-5 different songs a day rock3 , but not the leaks though

(my radio, also is on the web, if you want the link, pm me, it's a good station no simple plan, or good charlotte or any other wannabe's, just good rock)

is that a pirate radio station?

my radio (local) plays them alot 4-5 different songs a day rock3 , but not the leaks though

I dont know they just play on the web too.

Edited by wink

my radio plays them alot 4-5 different songs a day rock3 , but not the leaks though

I dont know they just play on the web too.

I thought ya meant YOUR radio station ,as in you had some stake in it. :rolleyes:

I've heard so many Guns songs on radio it's hard to even count. The other day I actually heard Hair of the Dog for the first time on radio, and I've also heard such obscure songs like Since I Don't Have You, My Michelle, Rocket Queen, Used to Love Her, and Sympathy for the Devil. I hear these rarely (the most common are the bigger hits), but I guess I just have some good radio stations here in Michigan.

This thread is confusing for those outside of North America. For those that don't know, this is because in the US/Canada there are a ton of ROCK radio stations that play rock/metal 24/7 and to my knowledge they don't have such in Europe. So yeah, you can hear plenty of G 'n' R in North America on mainstream rock stations but it's as rare as rocking horse shit in Europe to hear Guns on the radio. Don't know about Australia - Japan - South America though... anyone? rock3

This thread is confusing for those outside of North America. For those that don't know, this is because in the US/Canada there are a ton of ROCK radio stations that play rock/metal 24/7 and to my knowledge they don't have such in Europe. So yeah, you can hear plenty of G 'n' R in North America on mainstream rock stations but it's as rare as rocking horse shit in Europe to hear Guns on the radio. Don't know about Australia - Japan - South America though... anyone? rock3

That clears a lot up, I was pretty sure Europe had some Rock stations, guess not.

in the UK the only good station is kerrang! but sometimes my local station plays NR coz they liike GNR