PANTERA

The Volitan

Tihs is the official Pantera/Dimebag Appreciation Thread. I've been listening to a lot of Pantera lately (after hearing my friend play Cowboys From Hell), and I just head "Floods" and I've had it on repeat for almost an hour. The beginning part (about the 1st 3 mins) are great. Probably the best guitar riff ever written. It's so mysterious sounding and dark.

So discuss the best metal band ever....yes, better then Metallica

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pantera were fucking amazing... each member of that band was so talented.. one of the greatest, and to me, better than Metallica.

If your just getting into Pantera be sure to get the 3 vulgar videos from hell dvd. It shows the guys at there best rock3

Also check out DOWN if your into Phil Anselmo.

RIP Dimebag.

I started listening to Pantera maybe 2 years ago..I was watching the Moscow Music Peace Festival(i think) and saw Pantera playing..It was really good.

Got to get my hands on a few records.

They were amazing at that!

I'm watching that right now! Fucking Domination makes me jump all around! rock3 And the amount of people, there was about 500,000ppl there!

I dont really even know where to start, Pantera is my 3rd favorite band ever. Dimebag meant so much to me, still does, he's my idol as a person and as a guitar player. So is Phil Anselmo too, maybe not as a person but as a singer. Anyone that thinks Phil cant sing listens to Cemetary Gates right now, and after that 5 Minutes Alone+Hollow.

This band kicked fucking ass, they rewrote metal. Thank god for them, I love these guys.

Pantera.jpg

wow finally someone more my gen.... whoo...

always loved Pantera, and of course they were better than metallica.... they didn't ever make metal buddy, metal made them~~

Sorry BUT I'M A DIE HARD ENOUGH MEGA DAVE FAN FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PANTERA is awesome, i always thought "double primal concrete sledge" was a great little love making tune wouldn't you say?? lol rock3rock3

Saw Pantera with Nirvana in Salem, Oregon back around 93 was it ?hmmm. New to me then, I remember noticing Dimebag especially because he acted like a complete maniac. I never saw his face the whole time he was just schredding on the guitar. Fuckin' amazing, I was totally in awe by these guys. Phil was so hot too (jeeze he's a sexy s.o.b--damn!)

PANTERA come BAAAAACCCKKK!!!! Phil, don't bail cause your heart got ripped out. We still love and need YOU too and the rest of your boys. Shit, chicks come back from heartake all the time...let it out and let it in. Come back with a Vengence!

I fucking love Pantera. A great metal band though I must admit that I do not like Far Beyond The Driven. It was too over the top and Phil Anselmo can be a bit like that too IMO. He is still a bad ass vocalist though. But Dimebag was a kick ass guitarist (Floods is one of the best solos in metal) and his brother is one of my favorite drummers. A damn great band.

Pantera were the Kings of Metal!

Dimebag Darrell a great person,with such talent. His guitar was a fucking weapon made for world domination. Vinnies drums are fucking amazing. He and Rex Brown have a killer rythum section going on. Add Phil Anselmo and that's a killer fucking band.

Check out this link mother fuckers! www.rebelmeetsrebel.com coming May 2nd.

R.I.P Dime

I didn't like most of Dime's riffs, although a few were ok.

His solos, however, were wonderful.

I also did not like Phil at all.

and Damageplan wasn't very good at all.

Still... with those solos that all the sudden almost transformed the songs into Van Halen songs, I gotta give Dime his props. He was really cool. Though I was not a huge fan, I was still really really saddened and shocked when I heard he died.

when i was 14 years pantera was on every metal magazine ,i just love them, they are freaking cool,, i saw them opening for metallica a long time ago i was in high school , whe they started playing all the damn stadium got f...crazy... that was really cool!!!! rock1 rock1

• 2 months later...
Saw Pantera with Nirvana in Salem, Oregon back around 93 was it ?hmmm. New to me then, I remember noticing Dimebag especially because he acted like a complete maniac. I never saw his face the whole time he was just schredding on the guitar. Fuckin' amazing, I was totally in awe by these guys. Phil was so hot too (jeeze he's a sexy s.o.b--damn!)

PANTERA come BAAAAACCCKKK!!!! Phil, don't bail cause your heart got ripped out. We still love and need YOU too and the rest of your boys. Shit, chicks come back from heartake all the time...let it out and let it in. Come back with a Vengence!

You actually expect Pantera to comback without Dime????