Slash in Poison

Gunsnrosesrules

Few people know Slash almost became the guitarist for Poison Do you think they would have been more succesful bigger then GNR Whats your opinion? Mine is they would have been more succesful GNR would have been slightly less succesful and their popularity would have been about the same

Few people know Slash almost became the guitarist for Poison Do you think they would have been more succesful bigger then GNR Whats your opinion? Mine is they would have been more succesful GNR would have been slightly less succesful and their popularity would have been about the same

No they would of done worse imo because C.C was a big influence in Poison and they were not as good when he left imo. Slash is great but i don't think he could of made Poison into a massive success as big as Guns N' Roses

He was never close to becoming Poison's guitarist. He hated their guts. I have an interview where he says that someone from Poison came up to him and wanted to shake his hand, and he told him to get out of his face.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Poison would be known for possessing a guitar icon, but I would never appreciate him as much because he would have been in Poison.

Actually it was Cinderella that Slash tried out to be the guitarist for.

If that happened that would rule.

However ego's would collide, Tom and Slash both extremely talented guitarists, would argue over who's doing what solo etc. And at the end of it, Tom Keifer can do alright on his own.

I don't think it ever would've gotten off the ground , just too different personalities and style of writing , in fact egos would've clashed very early , plus Slash's level of talent was at a much higher level than the other three and would've probably not meshed as well .

Peace GnR Nation :shades:

I don't think it ever would've gotten off the ground , just too different personalities and style of writing , in fact egos would've clashed very early , plus Slash's level of talent was at a much higher level than the other three and would've probably not meshed as well .

Peace GnR Nation :shades:

Don't agree about the talent level,I think Poison is very talented,nobody stays around for 20 years and still has successful tours,plus good album sales and are not talented.Even though Poison has had it's ups and downs,with CC Deville,they always put the shit behind them and rock.I wish a couple of "other" egos I know well could do that,maybe my G'NR music collection could be as big as Poison's.

Edited by Getizzyback

Guest Sweet_Emotion

nah. bret and slash would never be as good as axl and slash. poison maybe would have been better but i dont think they wouldve got that big tbh

No way...I think C.C it's perfect for Poison..

Slash it's so much different than them,he was made to be with Guns..!! rock1

Poison's music has it's own style and it's because of C.C De Ville's guitar and Bret Michaels lirics..

Bret and Slash together??mmmmmmmmmm i don't think so..

Edited by nathalie92

yeah I think Poison would have been bigger had Slash been in the band....but Slash belonged with guns rock3

I love Poison though...i'm gonna go see them this summer on their 20th anniversary tour and im SO EXCITED already!

Hooray another Poison fan :)

I cant wait till they tour, there great!

duff21