Leaks vs. quality of the album

tbaugerud

I agree. I mean, if the album isn't really ready to be released until the autumn/christmas, then these leaks make perfect sense actually.

Dude, I think you figured it out! The leaks are all pre-tour material we'll have..

And in that case, it could well be the big guns..

Yeah, make sense. But I HOPE not :(

Want the album sooner than christmas..

youve waited 13 years. surly you can wait another 8 months

Well I admit I do find it wierd that 1 month after Axl said 'TWAT' and 'Better' were amongst his favourites, they leaked on the internet. Now I think Axl may have put forward 4 and maybe more to show what Guns N' Roses were doing. I don't think he played the album at that nightclub, I think he played them a few of the songs. So maybe Axl put forward a few songs for the first single. Remember how GN'R would bring out cd's with like 3 songs on it which would be released i.e. Civil War EP? Well I think he could be doing a similar thing with this in that these songs will be released, but only demos of them were leaked.

Good post mate.

Yeah I agree, Axl would of had 'something' to do with these leaks no doubt and obviously wont leak out what he thinks will be the 'classics' of the new album so by releasing the 'better' songs it gives the fans a taste of what direction the band are going.

duff

It does make sense that after 2002 they need the European tour to sell well for CC to take them on again in the US and so you have to do something to generate serious buzz. With the album not quite ready, you leak. I really can't think of anything else that makes more sense given the timing of the whole thing, the number of leaked tracks and the slow/half-hearted effort to stop the radio stations from playing the material.

Also, Axl suddenly resurfacing in the spotlight right around the time of the leaks is just too coincidental. Little with the GNR camp happens just by chance...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

I agree. I mean, if the album isn't really ready to be released until the autumn/christmas, then these leaks make perfect sense actually.

Dude, I think you figured it out! The leaks are all pre-tour material we'll have..

And in that case, it could well be the big guns..

Yeah, make sense. But I HOPE not :(

Want the album sooner than christmas..

youve waited 13 years. surly you can wait another 8 months

It´s not the waiting, it´s being in a state of uncertainty that kills me!

If I KNEW that the CD would be out in 8 month, I could deal with it.

But in this case, U never know...

Well Axl said that his favourite songs were TWAT, Better and The Blues. So therefore they are probably the best on the album; in saying this I would be suprised if the other songs are much better than this. The only reason would be if Axl is behind it all and him saying they were his favourites was all part of the plan. I doubt he is though. Also I think the new songs are very average, nothing compared to AFD. IRS is my favourite.

You cannot compare this to afd, its simply not possible. AFD was one in a million, 20 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you seriously expect something on that magnitude?????

For fucks sake, this album is not goin to be like afd!!!!!!!!!!!!! the style of music will be different, god im sick of people comparing new guns n roses to gnr of 20 years ago.

This album is new gnr, a new generation, do not expect anythin like afd in music or impact, you wont get it.

or how about we expect it to be as good if not better than afd just in a different way? It doesn't have to be a direct port 20 years later and go head on with it, some bands evolve, this is what guns n roses have done being stuck in 1987 isn't a good thing you know. We can still sit here and go, man they were awesome in the 80s 90s and now the 0's, because they are.

Alot of good posts in this thread, but alot of people, myself incuded, said a month ago that when Axl said "You will hear music this year", that he was talking about leaks/touring. Many said at the time that the leaks were a ploy by Axl/Sanctuary in order to generate "buzz" for the tour.

I don't mean to be a downer for you guys, but this has all been discussed before.

I dont think any of the leaked tracks will be on first album. :o

Im not even sure any of them will ever be released.

Why ?

Because We have gone so long with hearing nothing , no news , no statement no nothing.

Why then all the sudden would Axl allow this to happen , these songs have been about for ages and have never seen the light of day because Axl hates the internet and he would be so carefull to make sure none of his planned Album is leaked.

I think the leaks are the songs not included on Album , and have now been allowed to be leaked so that he can gauge the reaction to these knowing he has held the best back.

I know people will disagree , but why has there not been any statements about leaks?

No statement about tour? Fuck we dont even know for sure that its gunna happen , because I for one wont believe it untill that first show has happened and Axl turned up !!

NO STATEMENT = WE KNOW FUCK ALL!!!

if i were axl and i'd want to play some songs in a club i wouldn't bring everything i had with me, just a disc with my favorite songs, so that could be why his fave's have leaked.

then again if axl's playing a cd of songs he's been working for 13 years there's not a chance in hell anyone has of stealing his disc without a minor riot, we would've heard about that for sure (unless he got something in his eye offcourse)

Maybe those 4 are the best songs on teh album and the rel killer songs are on the next 2 albums...

I strickly remember Axl saying that 3 albums will be released within 3 years!

He is probely saving the best till last

I dont think any of the leaked tracks will be on first album. :o

Im not even sure any of them will ever be released.

Why ?

Because We have gone so long with hearing nothing , no news , no statement no nothing.

Why then all the sudden would Axl allow this to happen , these songs have been about for ages and have never seen the light of day because Axl hates the internet and he would be so carefull to make sure none of his planned Album is leaked.

I think the leaks are the songs not included on Album , and have now been allowed to be leaked so that he can gauge the reaction to these knowing he has held the best back.

I know people will disagree , but why has there not been any statements about leaks?

No statement about tour? Fuck we dont even know for sure that its gunna happen , because I for one wont believe it untill that first show has happened and Axl turned up !!

NO STATEMENT = WE KNOW FUCK ALL!!!

Axl would be nuts to not release songs as good as Better and CITR, and I.R.S. and TWAT are very worthy of release as well.

I don't mean to be a downer or anything etc etc..

I mean, you obviously misunderstood the topic. The issue wasn't whether they were deliberately leaked or not.

The BIG question in THIS thread is to discuss whether those leaked tracks are what we call BIG GUNS or not. Coz ideally, you don't wanna open ALL the presents on dec. 20th right?

Edited by tbaugerud

I love the demos, but I really hope Axl is holding something back- to have waited this long and have some of the stronger tracks leak would be incredibly anti-climatic. While I think theses songs are great, I don't know if I can honestly say they are as good as what I expect the album to be after the build-up. For another band of more average stature they would be career-making, but we're talking about GN'R-quite a legacy to live up to for the new collaboraters/band.