Tommys Still Gunning

JAC185

tommy kicks ass and hes MUCH better then duff is.

indeed rock1 Just put their solo albums side by side and its clear who has the talent

Right, and Sting is a better bass player than both of them because of his successful solo albums. Maybe GNR should replace Stinson with Paul McCartney, he's a bass player. Let's take your logic all the way and get Phil Collins on drums.

This seems to indicate that he's not in GNR:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1002314144

"According to a spokesperson, Bland and Stinson will join Murphy and vocalist Dave Pirner on a spring tour, which begins April 12 in Minneapolis and will run through August."

WOW! It just keeps getting worse! The question is just who the FUCK is in this band and WHY are they not already rehearsing for this upcoming make or break summer tour? :anger::anger:

This seems to indicate that he's not in GNR:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1002314144

"According to a spokesperson, Bland and Stinson will join Murphy and vocalist Dave Pirner on a spring tour, which begins April 12 in Minneapolis and will run through August."

Yeah, but some people cannot accept it. He is out. He was never a Gunner. He was Yes Man.

dude tommy did not fucking leave i dont give a shit what that says unless tommy says hes gone himself its BULL SHIT!!!!!!!!

Quote from Billboard

From the bands official MySpace

Band Website soulasylum.com

Band Members David Pirner - vocals & guitar, Daniel Murphy - guitar & vocals, Tommy Stinson - bass guitar & vocals...

Smell the coffee - Tommy's in SOUL ASYLUM!!

dude tommy did not fucking leave i dont give a shit what that says unless tommy says hes gone himself its BULL SHIT!!!!!!!!

He can't speak about this, like the other former members Freeze, Buckethead etc. He is gone.

You would think Tommy would be busy rehearsing all of the GNR songs for a tour with GNR, not rehearsing for a tour with Soul Asylum.

Good point.

Tommy seems like a decent guy, perhaps he's had enough of Axl's procrastination. Didn't he say he didn't like GNR much anyway before he joined them, maybe he prefers to play with Soul Asylum and the Mats?.

Cool, I love Tommy, I guess that kills the Slash & Duff rejoining rumour.

duff21

Not really. The article says "word is he'll play European dates with Axl Rose in June." In other words, it's just rumour. They have no credible source for this. Word is? Who's word is that? I will guess, it's the word from someone's ass. :lol:

And then we get the links just posted in this thread, which frankly are more credible. The Billboard one at least mentions a spokesman, and the SA website...well it's pretty obvious why that should be credible.

Edited by KBear

From all I've read online, it certainly looks like Stinson is with Soul Asylum for the longhaul. He's on the website, in all the band photos & still a band member on updated webpages. Maybe SA made him a full partner & showed Tommy the money? Regardless, if he really was going to play all these shows with GNR, shouldn't he be rehearsing again instead of playing shows with SA this month? I can see this becoming a trainwreck any day now. WTF is going on here?

This could have HUGE implications for GNR and the success of the tour.

In fact, I wish they'd end all this suspense and make an official announcement so Tommy's immediate family can decide whether or not to buy tickets to any shows... :sleeper::sleeper:

Edited by Turn_It_Up

Strange... the only thing I can think of is that Axl is throwing Tommy a bone for being so loyal through the years and letting him collect on some SA pay days before the GN'R tour. Otherwise, this is a bad sign.

Odd that Dizzy gets his ass hauled off the Hn'B tour and is told to be at rehearsals, but Tommy is rehearsing with another band that will be touring Europe at the same time as Guns!?? And isn't Tommy supposed to be "The General" when it comes to GN'R rehearsals these days!?!

I'm gradually getting back to my premise of a few weeks ago... count on Axl, Dizzy and Fortus in Europe... rest of the line-up?! Who the hell knows...

Guest RonMexico82

Mother of fucking God this is just typical I half feel like jumping onstage in Dublin and asking Axl why the fuck he can't keep us updated as to what the fuck is goin on. DUDE GET YOUR FUCKING ACT TOGETHER!!!