Tommy touring with Soul Asylum this summer?

conny

FOUND THIS ON BILLBOARD.COM

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1002314144

-------------------------------

Soul Asylum Readies First Album In Eight Years

April 07, 2006, 3:45 PM ET

Katie Hasty, N.Y.

Soul Asylum will release its long-awaited new studio album this summer, the band's first in nearly eight years. "The Silver Lining" will arrive July 11 via Legacy and features some of the final recordings of late bassist Karl Mueller, who died of throat cancer last June.

Originally slated for a March release, "The Silver Lining" was co-produced by Steve Hodge (Janet Jackson, Sting, Usher) and John Fields in Minneapolis.

"It will always remind me of Karl when I listen to it," group member Dan Murphy says. "He was really sick, but still pulled through and finished it in Soul Asylum fashion."

Drummer Michael Bland (Prince, Dixie Chicks, Sons Of Almighty) contributed to the album as did the Replacements' Tommy Stinson, who stood in as bassist for two tracks ("Bus Named Desire" and "Oxygen") and sang on four. According to a spokesperson, Bland and Stinson will join Murphy and vocalist Dave Pirner on a spring tour, which begins April 12 in Minneapolis and will run through August.

"Stand Up and Be Strong," the first track on the new album, is currently available on the band's MySpace.com page.

:( Im starting to get this awfull fealing that the GNR tour is cancled again :(

Look people, there is nothing from the GNR camp...... silence.

Is Axl pulling the fucking plug again?? <_<

:scared::scared:

It is old.Tommy plays only two Gigs with soul asylum. Merck said :

has been reported that Tommy Stinson of Guns n'roses has joined Soul Asylum, replacing former bassist Karl Mueller who recently died of throat cancer.

We can report that this information is false, and we'll let Merck Mercuriadis, manager of Guns n'roses, explain the real truth.

"Tommy has not joined Soul Asylum. They are longtime friends of his and he is doing two gigs with them in tribute to their late bass player Karl."

So there you have it. You can all go back to sleep now

Edited by Kollemann99

It is old.Tommy plays only two Gigs with soul asylum. Merck said :

has been reported that Tommy Stinson of Guns n'roses has joined Soul Asylum, replacing former bassist Karl Mueller who recently died of throat cancer.

We can report that this information is false, and we'll let Merck Mercuriadis, manager of Guns n'roses, explain the real truth.

"Tommy has not joined Soul Asylum. They are longtime friends of his and he is doing two gigs with them in tribute to their late bass player Karl."

So there you have it. You can all go back to sleep now

Um, the article is dated April 7. I wouldn't call that "old." It clearly says he will join the band for a tour.

It won't be cancelled because of this. The GN'R dates are a pretty new development. Something like Stinson leaving the band and joining SA must have been known about for some time - you don't make that decision on a moment's notice. In other words, Axl has known about this but scheduled the summer dates anyway.

We don't even really know if it's true or not. These are just rumours, although to me this one seems fairly credible.

And I don't put much stock into what Merck says (that goes double for a quote he made like two months ago). Not because I think he's incompetent like some fans do, but because GN'R is being so secretive. They obviously have some grand plan and are IMO not going to tell us exactly what is going on right now.

We don't even really know if it's true or not. These are just rumours, although to me this one seems fairly credible.

And I don't put much stock into what Merck says (that goes double for a quote he made like two months ago). Not because I think he's incompetent like some fans do, but because GN'R is being so secretive. They obviously have some grand plan and are IMO not going to tell us exactly what is going on right now.

BILLBOARD doesn't publish rumours... if they put this on the web is 'cause it's true.

About what you say about Merck... I'm completely agreed with you... of course he is not gonna tell us every thing that's happening around the band (although some people thinks he does)... Merck says bla bla bla, and it's fully credible?... I don't think so.

If he had quit Guns, the tour would have to be cancelled or a replacement has already been found.

Don't really know how to take this-ideally Tommy could work out both tours, but it would be a tremendous strain travelling that much. If he is/has left, I would think there would be an announcement like there was with Bucket but the possibility of a replacement is tantalizing...although Axl has made it clear how he feels about Duff so don't count your chickens.

soul asylums tour dates finish in april before restarting again in july, only a few shows clash in early july.

Yeah, as far as I can tell July 2nd is the only date that there is a conflict. So maybe this is nothing. Then again, I doubt a person could juggle both SA and GN'R obligations at the same time.

I'm starting to think we'll know on May 27th, and not before. I'm okay with that, especially if they air the show on TV. Imagine sitting there, GN'R about to come on stage. And you have no idea what's about to happen. :o

It is odd. Axl hasn't been seen for a while now, no word from the Gunners. Didn't we lose track of him again right after the spitting-in-the-eye incident in NYC a few weeks ago?

and it makes me wonder.....

It is odd. Axl hasn't been seen for a while now, no word from the Gunners. Didn't we lose track of him again right after the spitting-in-the-eye incident in NYC a few weeks ago?

and it makes me wonder.....

Why be paranoid? We'll know soon, and we have more reason to be positive than at any point since 2002.