Me singing Nightrain

you sang it better than i did. u even sounded like axl in some parts.

Yeah, for some very brief seconds you did sound like Axl, but therein lies the problem. You're trying to mimic him. You could make it sound a lot better by, instead of trying to mimic Axl, just singing it naturally.

Also, like some guy, you're trying to sing higher than your vocal range will allow you. Listen to Izzy singing it on the link in some guy's thread: he doesn't try to go anywhere near as high as Axl. Instead, he just sings at a level of pitch that he feels comfortable with. In your effort, the lyrics were coming out as a uncontrolled scream because you just couldn't reach the high notes.

As we said in the other thread, Axl sings freakishly high for a man. OK, so Ian Gillan and others can perhaps sing higher, or at least as high, but very few men who are not trained singers can do so.

Not trying to be nasty - just trying to offer some constructive criticism. There's masses of potential there - you just need to fine-tune.

BTW, how are you guys recording? If I had the capabilities, I'd post my effort up.

And you know - as I do from singing most of the Appetite stuff live - that Nightrain is one of the hardest songs to sing. A WTTJ, PC, Out ta get me, My Michelle, Think About You are far easier. I would say only Rocket Queen and It's So Easy are harder then Nightrain. Of course, that's just my opinions and has a lot to do with my vocal capabilities. I've got loads of instrumentals if you want to have a go at one of the others...

I'm just using the internal mic on my laptop and the recording programme cool edit pro2. I found a backing track of Nightrain then just put the file in cool edit and sung over it. Edited out some background noise and put a bit of reverb on the vocals. Cool edit pro2 is easily available to download on most file sharing networks(not that I'm advocating not buying the programme :D ) and you can get a cheap microphone and you're on your way.

Laterz

you sang it better than i did. u even sounded like axl in some parts.

I would say only Rocket Queen and It's So Easy are harder then Nightrain.

I have to strongly disagree on It's So Easy, that song is Axl's least impressing vocal work. He sings it very deep and easy for most people. Only thing about is the end where he starts screaming. Other than that the song is easy.

About the song, that sure ain'ta comfortable voice for you to sing in, you're trying to scream in falsette kind of way. It doesn't really sound that good. Honestly try doing it in a normal voice that'd be much better

Edited by Micks

wow dude, that was actually pretty good rock3

could you share the instrumental versions? I'd really appreciate it :krider: I've been meaning to try recording stuff but can't find the tracks....feel free to PM or just post them here rock3

Kannon.

Why do i always download these?! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm asking myself the same thing! :rofl-lol:

but you think it's worth the download???

I would say... Hell, yeah

EDIT: by the way I think this is the best like these I have download exept from guys that are singers in bands and stuff

Edited by Revolver

I only have the backing track for Nightrain at the mo but I will send it to whoever wants it. Just pm your e-mail addy and I'll send the track.

Cheers evry1 for the comments.

Peace

Scott

Megaupload it and send me a PM

I liked it. Good job
wow dude, that was actually pretty good
Not bad at all !

What are you guys on? Are you people tone-deaf? That guy sucked big fat monkey arse...and ruined a perfectly good song.

Christ, you gus have low standards

I liked it. Good job
Not bad at all !

What are you guys on? Are you people tone-deaf? That guy sucked big fat monkey arse...and ruined a perfectly good song.

right then fuckhead, lets hear your interpretation...

I liked it. Good job
Not bad at all !

right then fuckhead, lets hear your interpretation...

Why should he? You don't have to do it yourself to hear it's not good.

This was better than the others I've heard, but still definitely not good.