GNR and CC back in business

downzy

Hey,

Looks like GN'R will be back in business with Clear Channel, which is amazing considering the catastrophe that was the 2002 tour. One also has to wonder if these two shows are somewhat of a test for Axl and the band. If they act, behave and most importantly, show-up, perhaps GNR will once again be working with clear channel for a North American tour later this year.

It's curious to wonder if the three and half year period of silence concerning all things GNR has something to do with GNR's legal relationship with Clear Channel. With CC holding an almost monopoly on promoting large-scale tours, perhaps Axl and co. weren't in a rush to finish an album that could not be supported with a proper tour. Now that it seems GNR and Clear Channel are at least willing to work with each other, this probalby bodes well for the eventual release of Chinese Democracy later this year.

Here's hoping anyway...

Cheers,

Andrew

I fucking HATE Clear Channel for monopolizing FM radio and turning no-talent shit bands like Nickelback into household names due to overexposure. Not to mention they dropped Howard Stern virtually overnight after the Janet Jackson Super Bowl debacle for claiming his show was too indecent for their standards.

I want to see GN'R when they tour the states, but I'd hate to give my $ to those greedy suits.

For some reason in my heart i really think that the tour is going to work this time.I think that the record will be released sometime within the next several months at the least and you are dealing w/ a pessimist here.I actually had to eat tickets and air fare for New Mexico when the tour was cancelled last time.My girlfriend and i made the trip anyway and had a great time anyway,however,she still thinks i'm nuts for supporting a band that flaked on us and i can't say as i blame her.There is a LOT of uncertainty,but that goes with being a Guns fan -i knew it to start with and i accept the risk -these shows sound like the real deal to me for some reason -a lot more plausible than some obscure show somewhere.....if it doesn't happen,then i will eat a lot of crow and probably shut the fuck up forever......Peace.....