Shredder on Nightrain

mynameisjonas

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is all this bullshit about Izzy? Didn't you all hear the interview? Axl said that Izzy is on his own program, he does what he wants when he wants. He comes and goes as he pleases. Do you really think that Axl would get someone like that again when he's about to start a new tour?

Quote?

Link?

Locked? :P

UK SUBS.

Whats the difference between a mod and a supermod?

Have you wings or x-ray vision or something? :P

On topic: Didn't Axl play that clip so that we could hear the new guy?

.......keep trying to tell those jokes of yours and you'll find out :xmasssanta: :kiss:

I think you're right(or at least I got the same impression), it was Axl saying "listen to my new guitarist" and all I heard was a loud nothing...

How come some of you heard it? :question:

UK SUBS.

Ah but we don't have nearly 20 years experience of going to concerts and having our eardrums blown to pieces, thus we could probably make out a bit more.

P.S You sure it was the audio clip wailing, and not your hearing aid? :drevil:

There's no way you can become a virtuoso in 4 years, if Axl thinks he can get Fortus to do Buckethead's parts I'll be seriously bummed. Of course, this is all bollocks and Axl has a great new lead player.... I hope.

4 years is plenty of time! Eddie Van Halen started when he was 12 and had written Eruption by the time he was 16.

^^^^ Axl said he was very technically skilled. The guy is a successful session guitarist. In order to be successful in that line of business you have to be very skilled and have a wide range of styles. It wouldnt surprise me if he has been able to shred this entire time. He knew which style fits GNR and he sounds and fits in great!

I met a guy last week at work (I design pro audio electronic gear) who was actually one of fortus' old guitar teachers. He saw a welcome to the videos DVD on my desk, and told me he used to teach a guy who ended up in GNR......

This guy was hands down one of the best guitarists I've ever seen play, and he was telling me how talented "little ritchie fortus" used to be..........................

I don't know if it was Fortus, hopefully it was but keep in mind that Fortus didn't send a email to anybody in these forums containing 'i was there, i was there playing that solo!'. Why ? Don't you remember the huge backlog of emails Fortus has?

See, the guy is in NYC working very hard to play in 4 dates that are really soon. Do you think he replied to a email that a fan from a gnr forum send to him yesterday ? If you doubt me, ask him any other stuff by email now and wait, and wait, and wait... I even consider that during the Euro tour he will ask his webmaster or somebody else to reply his fan messages (i would). If his webmaster (or somebody else) started doing something like this, anything is possible (Fortus was playing or not).

You should just move on or ask Sebatian Bach. He's lame, but he's in the loop much more than any insider here.