This decade of music so far

motownjunkie

This decade so far has been the most dissapointing of the last forty years of music for instance back in the eighties groups like Led Zepplin and the Clash were considered commercial , and the nineties had it the take off of house music in manchester which started int he eighties but blossemed in the nineties, England had britpop with groups like Suede, Blur, Spergrass, Oasis, Manics, Radiohead, the Verve then there was the rise of the screaming trees to Kyuss to Queens of the Stone Age, we had Massive Attack, Underworld, Aphex Twin raising their hand for dance music and the seattle scene in the early nineties, (1991) was a great year for music, the 70's speaks for itself in terms of revolutionary music, i mean Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon was number 1 for the most weeks ever, would that happen in this generation i doubt it, and while there is great music out there in the 00's commercially its never been so BAD and GENERIC, not enough new bands with talent get any exposure at all these days, why arnt the SHINS, WALKMEN, DEATH CAB, WOLFMOTHER, LIBERTINES, OASIS(except for Wonderwall), SUPERGRASS(never heard any songs played on radio) RADIOHEAD(EXCEPT for CREEP) and ive left out many (WILCO), why dont great bands of today get airplay or promotion and why is it that the My Chemical Romance's and Good Charlottes of the music industry get more exposure, i think its EVIL and TWISTED and it wont change this decade, god even the eighties shits all over this decade, im ashamed of the music industry at the moment its the most dull period, everytime i turn on a music video channel its always Beyonce or the worst of R & B.

Bill Hicks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MneYCLnBlNA...ch=bill%20hicks

I agree.. There are way too many bad bands around. And everything on the radio seems to be the same. I think Nu-GNR actually have quite good chances to archieve succes cause what's around already isn't really that good.

Definately this is a perfect time for GnR to come back , there is nothing of any excitement except maybe the new Pearl Jam album which is a return to form or maybe Wolfmother, GnR will eat everything thats out at the moment as will the new Shins album....fingers crossed

for the 666th time mainstream scene=bad

underground scene=good

Agreed....

People, check out the new Satyricon album... Now, diabolical... RAW BM from Norway rock3

Im going to their gig tonight rock3

i hate how...departmentalised it is, the whole scene, even within the underground scene, no more true dont fit/unaccepted/unacceptable oddballs out there anymore, just people trying their best to come across that way.

People, check out the new Satyricon album... Now, diabolical... RAW BM from Norway rock3

Im going to their gig tonight rock3

The only song I've heard from the new album is K.I.N.G, and it's pretty good. I think I'll buy the album soon.

Håper konserten blir bra ;)

A whole genre has become defined in this decade by taking moody ideas and adding pop/rock sensibilties. Rap has only swollen in popularity. Partly on the back of a white guy from a Detroit ghetto. "Indie" music is practically mainstream. In Canada we've had a boom of talented groups not seen since the seventies.

This decade so far has definately impacted music

Edited by axl04

Not another new music bashing thread :rolleyes: at least theres been better albums than the awful 80's

This decade hasn't produced better albums than the 80's and that's a fact ;)

um...yes it has

I beg to differ NK

To be honest im struggling to think of more than say 5 or 6 classic albums from the 80's it was that bad

Not another new music bashing thread :rolleyes: at least theres been better albums than the awful 80's

This decade hasn't produced better albums than the 80's and that's a fact ;)

um...yes it has

I beg to differ NK

To be honest im struggling to think of more than say 5 or 6 classic albums from the 80's it was that bad

If we take a couple of Bon Jovi albums, some Skid Row, AFD, and "Permanent Vacation" and "Pump" by Aerosmith, along with one Stones album, two Metallica albums, a Megadeth album and some great Queen stuff we've already got about 14 albums which are absolutely classic.

We're doing good so far this decade, I think it picked up around 03, lots of better music surfacing now.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
We're doing good so far this decade, I think it picked up around 03, lots of better music surfacing now.

Agreed.