NY Reviews

mr.drummin

Chris Pittman is obviously in the band becouse Dizzy Reed plays KEYBOARDS not SAMPLES & EFFECTS, Big difference. This stuff has to come from somewhere on stage (Or in most "Older" rock bands "A little off to the side, behind the curtain") Aerosmith, Ozzy Ect. All have a "Chris Pittman" in the band. In this day and age you have to if you want to "Cover yourself" onstage.

Drew Stone

www.stonefilmsnyc.com

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To play Bucket's parts.

In getting a guitar virtuoso in the first place, Axl caused himself to get in a dilemma. He'd have to have another virtuoso for those parts if that guy ever left. There is some shredding in the songs, and maybe Fortus and Finck can't pull it off.

The new boot proves to me, that Ron Thal is more of a GN'R type guitarist. He is, especially in November Rain, clearly more like Slash. He just plays more with a bluesier feeling.

I think he's more suitable than Bucket.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
Chris Pittman is obviously in the band becouse Dizzy Reed plays KEYBOARDS not SAMPLES & EFFECTS, Big difference. This stuff has to come from somewhere on stage (Or in most "Older" rock bands "A little off to the side, behind the curtain") Aerosmith, Ozzy Ect. All have a "Chris Pittman" in the band. In this day and age you have to if you want to "Cover yourself" onstage.

Drew Stone

www.stonefilmsnyc.com

Totally unrelated to this topic.

But, having a player capable of what Bumblefoot (or Buckethead) can do is unnecessary for this band.

nightrain

No, Slash made "Nightrain" with his playing, and he wasn't the type of guitarist they are. It's not needed, it's almost as if Axl is just enhancing the band in any way he can, without considering if he needs to or if it will work out.

Buckethead ripped Nightrain a new asshole. Seriously his performance at RIR III is my favorite Nightrain ever! Needed? maybe not.. but it kicks ass nonetheless.. why worry about it?

nightrain

Slash was no virtuoso.

What an incredibly stupid answer.

who gives a fuck about Slash? He left the band,cockbreath. What buckethead did, its called improving upon the songs.

But, having a player capable of what Bumblefoot (or Buckethead) can do is unnecessary for this band.

nightrain

No, Slash made "Nightrain" with his playing, and he wasn't the type of guitarist they are. It's not needed, it's almost as if Axl is just enhancing the band in any way he can, without considering if he needs to or if it will work out.

Buckethead ripped Nightrain a new asshole. Seriously his performance at RIR III is my favorite Nightrain ever! Needed? maybe not.. but it kicks ass nonetheless.. why worry about it?

Well, it makes no sense to me, as I said. Axl, as usual, is just leading me straight back to VR.

nightrain

Well, it makes no sense to me, as I said. Axl, as usual, is just leading me straight back to VR.

go then. :sleeper:

nightrain

Merrily!

nightrain

Merrily!

bye

for the older songs...yes..

for the newer songs..no..

J.Walker

I don't really agree, this incarnation of GNR is not symphonic black metal or anything.

who gives a fuck about Slash? He left the band,cockbreath.

No shit. What's your point? I swear, you are obsessed with Slash. How many times do I need to tell you that I want Slash to stay with VR?

its called improving upon the songs

Maybe he should play some new ones, instead of unnecessarily tinkering with the old ones. You think people are going to start praising Axl just because he's got some avant-garde guitarist playing really fast in Nightrain. Haha, good luck.

I believe the band has a virtuoso because Axl wants a virtuoso. It will come across more clearly in the songs when the album is released. He doesn't have some dude on the payroll just to fill space on stage. Same with Pittman. They have their individual duties and just because you don't recognize their importance as much as that of some other members, it doesn't mean they are useless. A lot of the new material is complex stuff and 3 guitars need to be going. I believe Axl once said he felt the live shows were lacking because they could only do 2 guitars, whereas on the albums it was always 3 guitars (Slash and Izzy's rhythms, Slash's leads). It also doesn't hurt that all of the new guitarists have a distinct style and bring something different to the table.

Put it this way.

Could you imagine Robin playing the November Rain outtro? :scared:

Exactly, I think Axl really wants a guy with technical chops to take the material in another direction. Finck provides the melody and emotion, the virtuoso brings on the wizardry. Pretty simple.

I like the 3 Guitar player idea. It would give GNR a more, metal sound. It's just my opinion, but If I was at a concert, I'd rather 2 Guitar Players playing a Major Chord while one is soloing than just one guy doing a major chord and a guy soloing. You can Bang Your Head More.

Having 3 guitarists is a different matter entirely. Do these new (and old) songs, need Steve Vai-esque shredding? I don't think so.

Having 3 guitarists is a different matter entirely. Do these new (and old) songs, need Steve Vai-esque shredding? I don't think so.

do they not need them? I could just imagine the shit you would be talking if these guys played everything exactly as it was recorded by Slash or Izzy.

do they not need them? I could just imagine the shit you would be talking if these guys played everything exactly as it was recorded by Slash or Izzy.

Purely nonsensical. There is only one question, and I asked it.

Now that there back, everybody got shit to say. Like I said before, never satisfied! It don't really matter, you'll find out for your self.

I say you shut up. This is a reasonable question and we are having a reasonable discussion, don't bring that fucking shit in here.

Purely nonsensical. There is only one question, and I asked it.

ok. no, they don't need them, but obviously they are wanted there. i wasn't aware the you were in charge of GNR's musical direction.

so do they not need them?