Leaks must have been deliberate

Charlierose

I still don't think they were deliberate.

Why would they play anything other than the leaks and let more material go onto the internet? It wouldn't make sense. If they played all old songs they'd get hounded for not playing new material... No win situation really.

They might aswell play songs people know - and not add more new material to these boards.

R.

I still don't think they were deliberate.

Why would they play anything other than the leaks and let more material go onto the internet? It wouldn't make sense. If they played all old songs they'd get hounded for not playing new material... No win situation really.

They might aswell play songs people know - and not add more new material to these boards.

R.

ok,

However surely it would make more sense to play more new material in order to promote this album, I think it would be more conducive to his interests to establish as much of this material before hand, and get people whove gone to these concerts to say "shit thats going to be a class album, im going to get that when it comes out" etc, instead of them leaving the show and thinking only of buying a GNR greatest hits or something.

Thats why bands tour, to promote the material they're selling, I don't understand why there would be any percieved advantages in hiding and hoarding this material till a release date, people will naturally need time to get into this stuff (like everyone here has).

As much as we say, that we loved song from the first time, the truth is more exposure to that song makes it more appealing, I hope he plays some unheard new material and eases up a bit on the other bands material, I personally would more enjoy a show were I know the music that was being played was written by the performers.

They've got the talent to write catchy tunes, they've already got about two gigs worth of their own stuff, so I say, lets hear it! promote this album

Edited by Mr Estranged

If i was axl, and for the first couple of shows on the tour, when the critics are circling like vultures, I had the choice between playing untested material, or playing the leaks, which people know and will be able to give a good response to live, I would go with the leaks every time.

The time to introduce unknown songs is when the preassure is off to an extent, after some good reviews.

I'm wondering how "finished" CD really is, but hopefully it's closer to being done than not being done. Maybe Ron hasn't had time to learn the complex new songs. As usual, we can guess until we're blue in the face, the fact remains that none of us actually know what is going on with GnR.

So what was Tommy pissed at Axl for?

maybe he was going to play 3 new songs anyway but decided since the leaks were out there he didn't want any more of the album to be heard

or maybe he heard that everyone wanted him to play better/IRS/TWAT live