Vetting cover bands by the original artist

Jaison

After seeing a few G n R cover bands around England, I left thinking a tad dissapointed as these bands didn't really sound or look like G n R. Donning wigs and just being able to screech does not make you G n R. Actually being able to sound like them through quiet songs and loud songs I think is a prerequsit. Granted some soundalikes may not be lucky enough to have the hair to grow etc but if they can then they should. When seeing a cover band we as fans of the original band want to see similarities, otherwise they may as well call themselves somthing completly different.

I have seen other cover bands of The Rolling Stones, U2 etc and they really do make it so for me my experience of the G n R cover bands was a little dissapointing.

Note :- I haven't mentioned the cover bands names as not sure if I can.

After seeing a few G n R cover bands around England, I left thinking a tad dissapointed as these bands didn't really sound or look like G n R. Donning wigs and just being able to screech does not make you G n R. Actually being able to sound like them through quiet songs and loud songs I think is a prerequsit. Granted some soundalikes may not be lucky enough to have the hair to grow etc but if they can then they should. When seeing a cover band we as fans of the original band want to see similarities, otherwise they may as well call themselves somthing completly different.

I have seen other cover bands of The Rolling Stones, U2 etc and they really do make it so for me my experience of the G n R cover bands was a little dissapointing.

There is one coming to Europe this summer...they won't look a lot like the real thing either (other than maybe the lead singer), but they will probably be as good of a GnR cover band as you will find.

Which cover band are you talking about?? The one with Robin Finck as their guitar player??

Which cover band are you talking about?? The one with Robin Finck as their guitar player??

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

haha good one mate,

btw i heard of this band called bad obsession in england who are supposedly very good at doin gnr covers!!

bad obsession are now called UK Guns n Roses, i've heard theyre pretty good but never seen em. they have this really annoying poster with GNR written on it and the old logo and beneath it says, performed by uk guns n roses. sneaky. i dont think artists can vet their cover/tribute bands, its something to do with the difference between publishing and composer copyrights. the publisher owns the songs and can release them or charge 3rd parties to have them appear on compilations/ soundtracks etc, but the composer jsut gets royalties everytime theyre sold, played on air whatever, i think this extends to live performances where money is charged...

so they get paid (maybe) but they dont get power of veto or anything. to be honest tho i may have just made all this up, it was explained to me by my bands old manager but i was pretty drunk and tired, and in all fairness he didn't really know shit about anything.

bad obsession are now called UK Guns n Roses, i've heard theyre pretty good but never seen em. they have this really annoying poster with GNR written on it and the old logo and beneath it says, performed by uk guns n roses. sneaky.

Isn't that kind of like using Slash, Duff, and Izzy in ads for a Guns n Roses show?

Don't fucking tell me to grow up. I expressed my fucking opinion, I don't give a shit if you think it's dumb, argue you're point like other people, at least I can respect that and maybe change my mind. Saying it's dumb? That does no shit whatsoever. I've been through more shit in the sixteen years of my life than you could pray against... I'm not taking any shit. I told you what I think, and at least other people had the fucking balls to explain why that may not be the case. Tell me to fucking grow up? All you can say to what I said was "omg that was dumb". GTFO of my topic if you don't have anything decent to say.

well i heard some of their recorded material,

they sound pretty good,the guys got the voice but i jus feel he s tryin a lil too hard with the look, the red hair is jus a bit too flashy and well i dunno he seems like some dude dressin up for a costume party.

This is the best cover band I have ever seen. Ive traveled to these shows 10+ times. They are right up there with a Led Zeppelin cover band that comes through from time to time. www.notquitegnr.com