New Album Prediction: June 2007

milkboy

Just got back from NYC, great show on 5/15 by the way. I loved Axl's comment "It took us 8 years but we are finally a band"... you can see when you watch these guys that there is a tightness finally.

However...

A few times we've heard Axl say that the majority of the vocals and music is done for 2 albums. He didn't say the songs are all done. He said the majority of them are done.

I think we'll see more new songs unleashed overseas in June and July as a way to test out the material. But, then what? I feel pretty confident that GNR mgt will begin booking US gigs very soon for Aug - Oct. That leaves the question, when do they go back to the studio and wrap it up? A normal band could do this in a few weeks between tours, but I think we all know that our band doesn't operate that way. We'll need several months of free time to do something this important.

I fear that the pressure to tour the US will take priority over wrapping up the album. Which means we could find ourselves in November or December with still no record. Then who wants to release an album in the winter? Axl will justify taking another hiatus so the album can be released in the summer with a massive supporting tour. The band will be happy because they will all have the freedom to go do their silly solo things while they keep getting paid.

Of course all of this is with the assumption that nothing goes wrong this summer - our boy Axl doesn't have a mental breakdown, the band doesn't start fighting again, or riots don't break out when Axl has to watch an extra inning baseball game. Lots can go wrong between now and then.... don't get me wrong, I'm psyched we are able to see this band live again, but I am a realist.....this mythical album may be no closer to hitting the shelves than it was in 2002.

Just got back from NYC, great show on 5/15 by the way. I loved Axl's comment "It took us 8 years but we are finally a band"... you can see when you watch these guys that there is a tightness finally.

However...

A few times we've heard Axl say that the majority of the vocals and music is done for 2 albums. He didn't say the songs are all done. He said the majority of them are done.

I think we'll see more new songs unleashed overseas in June and July as a way to test out the material. But, then what? I feel pretty confident that GNR mgt will begin booking US gigs very soon for Aug - Oct. That leaves the question, when do they go back to the studio and wrap it up? A normal band could do this in a few weeks between tours, but I think we all know that our band doesn't operate that way. We'll need several months of free time to do something this important.

I fear that the pressure to tour the US will take priority over wrapping up the album. Which means we could find ourselves in November or December with still no record. Then who wants to release an album in the winter? Axl will justify taking another hiatus so the album can be released in the summer with a massive supporting tour. The band will be happy because they will all have the freedom to go do their silly solo things while they keep getting paid.

Of course all of this is with the assumption that nothing goes wrong this summer - our boy Axl doesn't have a mental breakdown, the band doesn't start fighting again, or riots don't break out when Axl has to watch an extra inning baseball game. Lots can go wrong between now and then.... don't get me wrong, I'm psyched we are able to see this band live again, but I am a realist.....this mythical album may be no closer to hitting the shelves than it was in 2002.

ye of little faith :rolleyes:

:P

We're closer than we've ever been, but i wouldn't bet on it being out this fall, that's for sure.

However...

ye of little faith :rolleyes:

:P

We're closer than we've ever been, but i wouldn't bet on it being out this fall, that's for sure.

2 very good posts, i have no idea when it will be released and im not even gonna bother guessing

With GNR, anything is possible. The album could be out next week or it could be out next decade. I think Axl realizes that we are getting impatient and we want the damn album, so hopefully when he said fall 2006, he meant fall 2006.

Why don't you people think it will be out in fall?

Why wouldn't it come out in the fall?

Exactly, I think Axl's statement pretty much sums it up. Though late fall can mean any date until December 21st. If it comes out this year I am GUESSING December. Maybe a pre-Christmas present?

frankly, the prediction for June 2007 is entirely baseless. The writer makes a string of assumptions that only have a limited reflection in reality. Furthermore, you use the subjunctive (the mode in language for expressing emotion, among other things ... I fear that, I want that) in critical parts of your post; instead of the indicative, the tense for conveying fact.

so drop this issue.

To be honest, the fact that only the old 2002 songs + the recent leaks have been played on this tour as of yet tells me that the album won't be out this year. There might be very good reason for Axl not playing whatever new material he has, but without hearing any of it I can't put my faith into his words of releasing the album this year. I just can't.

Any other band, then sure, but we all know Axl and how things are with him.

Axl already delivered on his statement: he said we would hear music this year. He didn't say the album would be released, he said we'd hear music. We heard it at the shows these last few days and we'll continue to do so throughout the summer in Europe. That being said, if you people get pissed because the album isn't released in the fall then you have no one to blame but yourselves for misinterpreting what Axl said. :book:

This album is going to be the biggest dissapointment ever, we have all built it up to being something incredible, when it fails to reach that, what else can there be but dissapointment.

This isn't going to be like Led Zeppelin IV..

yeah but we dont know it will fail, but there is definitely a possibility

(and i would have used physical graffiti for a zeppelin reference)