Why Did They Drop Twat?

december pain

Im glad they played Better and IRS live. Good songs both!

TWAT is ok, but its not a live song in my opinion. A bit like Madagascar, good song , but a little bit too boring to play live.

Im more confused why they diddnt play Catcher in The Rye.Very very good song!

I don't like TWAT or any of the new songs/demos for that matter so I'm actually happy he dropped TWAT along with some of the other new songs/demos.

:sleeper:

Anyway, I was also disappointed with this. I have no idea why they did it. After all, they played IRS and Better, which seems much harder for Axl to sing live.

Oh well, I hope they play it again in Europe. It's such a magnificent and powerful song. The others are also great.

I don't like TWAT or any of the new songs/demos for that matter so I'm actually happy he dropped TWAT along with some of the other new songs/demos.

well fuck you very much for that

joke...youre entitled to your opinions....but seriously, wow :)

I'm a 'TWAT' because I have a different opinion than yours? :question:

No sir, you are a TWAT because we have been waiting 13 years for a fucking album and new shit and when it finally comes we have assholes like you that are condemning it. It's fine if you don't like the song, but god let him play the fucking thing instead of rehashing out the old shit. Better, TWAT, IRS, CATCHER rock3

well, axl was said to have lost his voice after the show on friday, right? well, if anyone else was there friday, you would know that he pushed his voice to the limits (both in loudness and highness of notes) on that song, which presumably is the main cause of losing his voice... i think this is probably why they dropped it from the set list.

it was truly awesome though. i loved it live rock3

:anger: An uneducated comment from someone who sounds like a TWAT. Stop being so close-minded . :anger:

Thats pretty ironic, isn't it? You cant accept his opinion then you accuse him of being close minded, tis a great defence all the same, draw a shit picture, write a shit song the press criticise and you reply "thats because they're close minded",

frankly I had hoped to hear something new at these gigs and the fact that we didn't really troubles me, why is it that the 3 new songs played are among the 4 leaked?

wheres the rest of it? are these the best?

I don't buy into this argument that axls "saving it as a susprise", songs become popular because of saturation, peoples opinions (as much as they'd hate to admit it) are by and large socially formed, the music business knows this, hence the importance of gigs, radio play and tv play.

Artists don't save songs, they promote them, they don't hide them, they shove them in your face until you buy them, it worries me that Mr Rose's gig comprises of a 19 year old album recorded and written by a different band mixed with 6 "new" tracks all of which we've heard. It really is time for something new, its a new band, with a new look, sweet fuck all to do with its name sake, its time it proves itself.

These players are talented lets hear their work and not their covering of somebody elses, I hope in this tour we have at least 12 new tracks inter mixed with some GNR songs, velvet revolver did it, now Axl pick up the gauntlet and stop hiding in past shared successes

by the way, while these new songs are nothing in compared to GNR's stuff (this is also true of Velvet Revolver/JU JU hounds/Snakepit) they are of a good quality and I'm looking forward to hearing more, I just wish hed stop hiding in the combination of his/Izzy/slash/Duff's talents and prove himself and these boys as a great band in themselves outside the GnR moniker

Edited by Mr Estranged

you should just remain in the old guns n roses section, where people only talk about the old days and the AFD and UYI line up

Mr. Estranged, in what publication was the album Chinese Democracy and the song TWAT reviewed??? I must've missed it. You note that the "press criticise." What press? What music rag? What writer? Perhaps, someone in Dublin I am unfamiliar with here in the USA???

No sir, you are a TWAT because we have been waiting 13 years for a fucking album and new shit and when it finally comes we have assholes like you that are condemning it. It's fine if you don't like the song, but god let him play the fucking thing instead of rehashing out the old shit. Better, TWAT, IRS, CATCHER rock3

That's why GnR fans can say whatever the fuck we want. We've waited 13 years for this and so far it isnt that good. VR wrote Contraband relatively quickly and the principle songs from that album blow this "NuGnR" stuff away. 13 years!!!!

VR wrote Contraband relatively quickly and the principle songs from that album blow this "NuGnR" stuff away.

:rofl-lol:

I've listened to Better about 8 times more than all of the Contraband songs put together. We've waited 13 years for a comeback, and we're sure as hell getting it. It's just genital herpes like you that try their hardest to be as negative as possible just so someone can pay attention to them. :sleeper:

VR wrote Contraband relatively quickly and the principle songs from that album blow this "NuGnR" stuff away.

:rofl-lol:

I've listened to Better about 8 times more than all of the Contraband songs put together. We've waited 13 years for a comeback, and we're sure as hell getting it. It's just genital herpes like you that try their hardest to be as negative as possible just so someone can pay attention to them. :sleeper:

"Dirty Little Thing," "Slither," and "Fall to Pieces" are all much better than the leaks I've heard (although I.R.S. is decent). Contraband debuted at #1 on the charts as well. VR's followup album is due this fall. Two albums of quality music by Slash and Co. (since 2004) vs. Axl's leaks that took 13 years to make?

Might as well lock yourself in a room with your old CDs and videos, cuz its all about the new stuff....

~M

To my understanding, the only night they played There was a time was the twelfth. why didnt they play it more? that song is so good and so powerful, its epic.

Someone explain to me why they dropped such a great song?

To be honest with you AND MYSELF. On the Friday the 12th show when TWAT was played, I do not think they worked it out well. It did not sound right at all. There was little to no response.

To my understanding, the only night they played There was a time was the twelfth. why didnt they play it more? that song is so good and so powerful, its epic.

Someone explain to me why they dropped such a great song?

To be honest with you AND MYSELF. On the Friday the 12th show when TWAT was played, I do not think they worked it out well. It did not sound right at all. There was little to no response.

that's probably why it was dropped, then. If they were shooting for some sort of release on DVD or otherwise, they want the best crowd reaction possible, and that of course will be with the songs everybody has been singing along to for the past 19 years.

I like TWAT a lot (in both senses of the word)... it's a bit of a grower. I think the demo's sounds a bit rough in the recording (maybe because it it's not fully mastered or something) and it could be a GNR classic when or if it's released.

IRS is rockin' though.

That's why GnR fans can say whatever the fuck we want. We've waited 13 years for this and so far it isnt that good. VR wrote Contraband relatively quickly and the principle songs from that album blow this "NuGnR" stuff away. 13 years!!!!

I was going to say noone has to like the music,that is their opinion and I am fine with that. But that highlighted part of your quote makes me laugh..Hard.

Im not really sure why, I hate that they did though.

First, I LOVED the new beginning part they added, it sounded great. Maybe it didnt come over so great live, maybe Axl felt it kinda dragged the show down because songs like November Rain and Madagascar were so long, didnt want another song dragging out like that during warm up shows. Im not sure, but I have a feeling it will be added back once the real tour starts, or if not on the european tour probably on their full scale world tour.

Whatever reason I hope it comes back into the setlist, I love this song.