When will the first single drop?

Kaneda

Axl is getting a lot of great press in the US and the best thing for him would be to drop a single sometime in July and have the album slated for August/September...I think he needs to drop something for radios and MTV to play soon or else he is going to lose the momentum that he has built up. I am so happy GNR are back and actually showing up for things, but part of me will always worry that the album will never see the light of day.

Deep down inside I think Axl is trying to get Slash back before creating a video. I don't think Slash will be on the album, but I do think he will rejoin the band somewhere on the european tour. Axl knows that adding Slash would take this thing to an unprecedented level. It's big now, but Slash would knock it out of the stratosphere.

Nah slash won't be here, not yet anyway.

I'll never discount a reunion and i do think deep down they would both like to work together once again, but Chinese Democracy and the current Guns N Roses is going to be prominent over the next 12 months, incidently, by which time i think Velvet Revolver could well be over.

either that, or we will have one of the greatest rock chart battles in the history of rock n roll.

But back to the point, nope, no slash for this single or album.

A single in July would be great, because it would keep the momentum, as you quite rightly referred to. Because by the time the single has run its time, we would be heading towards fall, in which the album can keep being promoted over the weeks, hopefully in time for a late october release.

Late October would mean that the album would drop, leaving a great opportunity for a full US tour...the first people to hear ALL of chinese democracy live.

Axl is getting a lot of great press in the US and the best thing for him would be to drop a single sometime in July and have the album slated for August/September...I think he needs to drop something for radios and MTV to play soon or else he is going to lose the momentum that he has built up. I am so happy GNR are back and actually showing up for things, but part of me will always worry that the album will never see the light of day.

Deep down inside I think Axl is trying to get Slash back before creating a video. I don't think Slash will be on the album, but I do think he will rejoin the band somewhere on the european tour. Axl knows that adding Slash would take this thing to an unprecedented level. It's big now, but Slash would knock it out of the stratosphere.

THe first paragraph is so promising.

Then...it just all goes to hell. :rolleyes:

I watched BTM again last night. They said the album is slated for a November 2004 release.

:drevil:

:rofl-lol:

Nothing would be cooler than Slash and Axl on the same stage! And them doing it on the EU tour would kick ass! but deep inside i know that will never happen.

At the moment I do not want a full reunion. I just don't. The timing is not right, this is the time for Chinese Democracy to hit. I would love to see Slash back in GN'R but that would dissapoint the new guys who have worked very hard. It would mean that all the attention would go to Slash and Axl and no one would give a rats ass about the guys who worked very hard on the album.

At the moment I do not want a full reunion. I just don't. The timing is not right, this is the time for Chinese Democracy to hit. I would love to see Slash back in GN'R but that would dissapoint the new guys who have worked very hard. It would mean that all the attention would go to Slash and Axl and no one would give a rats ass about the guys who worked very hard on the album.

...AMEN...

..they will not play much UYI songs on the upcomin' tour...

..we've waited so long..2006/2007 is the time of chinese democracy..

..after that..they can go on a "reunion tour"..as long as they like...incl. the UYI stuff...

Well when it comes to a single I don't have a damn clue what they are doing. Rumours have them shooting a video right now, and if they were doing any shooting at all during the New York shows you'd figure a single must be only weeks away. July is a pretty good guess. Given the setlist in NY, Better would be the obvious choice. But they may just use some general footage from those concerts and put that over a song that wasn't played.

The NY shows were warm up shows though. It's not necessarily the set list that the band is going to use to promote the album. That set list could start as early as Rio. They will be on a much bigger stage and to me it's the official start of promotion for the album. I suspect we may hear more new material. At the very least I'd expect all the leaks to be played at the show, aside from maybe CITR. It's time to debut a new song though. That was one of the few disappointments of the Hammerstein shows.

As for Slash, man I thought I was delusional! To think some still think he's coming back anytime soon. :o Look, I'd love nothing more but there's no evidence to think this is anything more than wishful thinking. A bunch of us were almost convinced (some were) that he would appear in NY. Didn't happen.

An album that Axl has spent almost ten years constructing, with a bunch of guys that have stuck around (aside from BH). Plus, the music is good. We all know it. They know it. What do we really expect, that Finck will just leave so that Slash can take over? Finck isn't going anywhere. He wants to stay, and Axl wants him to. It's obvious Axl likes Robin. Slash will not step in and fill in for Thal because Slash isn't going to do the shredding parts. He would play Robin's bluesy parts. But like I said, Robin ain't going anywhere, and there is no way Slash would want to share solos with him. If Slash is coming back he's going to be the other "star" in the band and he would get all the solos. It's not fuckin' happening man. When CD has played out then we can talk.

Well when it comes to a single I don't have a damn clue what they are doing. Rumours have them shooting a video right now, and if they were doing any shooting at all during the New York shows you'd figure a single must be only weeks away. July is a pretty good guess. Given the setlist in NY, Better would be the obvious choice. But they may just use some general footage from those concerts and put that over a song that wasn't played.

The NY shows were warm up shows though. It's not necessarily the set list that the band is going to use to promote the album. That set list could start as early as Rio. They will be on a much bigger stage and to me it's the official start of promotion for the album. I suspect we may hear more new material. At the very least I'd expect all the leaks to be played at the show, aside from maybe CITR. It's time to debut a new song though. That was one of the few disappointments of the Hammerstein shows.

As for Slash, man I thought I was delusional! To think some still think he's coming back anytime soon. :o Look, I'd love nothing more but there's no evidence to think this is anything more than wishful thinking. A bunch of us were almost convinced (some were) that he would appear in NY. Didn't happen.

An album that Axl has spent almost ten years constructing, with a bunch of guys that have stuck around (aside from BH). Plus, the music is good. We all know it. They know it. What do we really expect, that Finck will just leave so that Slash can take over? Finck isn't going anywhere. He wants to stay, and Axl wants him to. It's obvious Axl likes Robin. Slash will not step in and fill in for Thal because Slash isn't going to do the shredding parts. He would play Robin's bluesy parts. But like I said, Robin ain't going anywhere, and there is no way Slash would want to share solos with him. If Slash is coming back he's going to be the other "star" in the band and he would get all the solos. It's not fuckin' happening man. When CD has played out then we can talk.

I agree 100% with eveything you said there

great post

Why not CITR? :unsure:

Edited by AnDy

I don't think it's up to Finck to decide if he's gonna stay or leave to let SLASH come back!

Plus I think if...or when SLASH will come back he would re-record the lead guitar tracks, that if he joins before CD comes out.........

So why we're still waiting for CD to be released?

Because Axl doesn't feel confident enough without SLASH!

Why not CITR? :unsure:

I love CITR and would love for them to play it. I'm just skeptical that it's going to happen this summer considering that they didn't even play it one time in NY. And I think there was talk that it wouldn't appear on the first album. So it could be a ways off before we hear it live.

Good post man.

I don't think it's up to Finck to decide if he's gonna stay or leave to let SLASH come back!

Plus I think if...or when SLASH will come back he would re-record the lead guitar tracks, that if he joins before CD comes out.........

So why we're still waiting for CD to be released?

Because Axl doesn't feel confident enough without SLASH!

Well, Axl likes Finck. I don't see him asking him to leave even if it is for Slash. It would be one thing if the music the new band had was disappointing. It's not. And obviously Axl agrees, otherwise he wouldn't be out there touring. I suppose we have to see how things go, what songs are played, etc. But I have a hard time believing they plan to do 2002 all over again.

If Slash was going to come back and be involved in the new album he would have been at Hammerstein. Plain and simple. There was almost four years of inactivity before the NY shows. Plenty of time to organize a reunion. If it was going to happen Slash would have been there. That Axl kept the band largely intact means he is satisfied with the progress they have made.

The only way Slash could be back for the summer shows is if Robin agreed to do a few shows until then and then leave. It's simply too difficult to believe Robin would agree to that.

If Chi Dem is a major hit I'm thinking Axl never does a reunion. The old band would probably do one show (RN'R Hall of Fame) and that's it. It's ashame really, but we are already past the point of no return. In hindsight, the cancellation of the 2002 tour was the last chance to put the old band back together.

Good post by KBear per usual. I just want to talk about the new songs in the setlist.

It's time to debut a new song though. That was one of the few disappointments of the Hammerstein shows.

If you think about it. We had no right to hear those songs in the first place so technically speaking they should have been new for us. I agree however, I doubt we will hear Catcher in the Rye and if we do I highly doubt it will sound anything like the demo. We can estimate that the version we heard could be almost 8 years old. Surely it would have been reworked without Brian May's part. I want a Fortus solo to fill in there, that would be nice.

As for Rio, I fully expect to hear news of a release date, single and everything we've been waiting for. On the biggest show they will play this summer I think he will introduce the new single (probably 'Better' or 'I.R.S') and close the show by saying the release date and going into Paradise City. Sweet B)

...Take me down to the Paradise City...

I think Axl will get Bumblefoot to rerecord Buckets stuff after the European tour and that will cause the album to be delayed till next year. Axl works so fucking slow that i'm convinced the album won't come out till next year.