Rock in Rio on XM 200

joe123

I have XM, and is isn't bad at all.. beside the point, but I only have it in the car, I will try to rig a way to broadcast it to my home stereo and record. I checked the online xm and they don't allow xm 200 online, damn.

Hey,

Can someone help me out, Im trying to figure out what time GnR will be on stage at RIR UK time ? as i want to stay up and watch it live on the AOL stream.

Cheers

CJ

Apparently there's no time difference: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=133

So i'm guessing they'll be on at 23:45h - depending on any delays etc.

R.

okay thanks alot#

CJ

hasnt everyone gotten SIRIUS by now?

No, there are still millions more people with XM. A few reasons are the deeper playlists and hardware that's about a year or two ahead of Sirius. I just got my Pioneer Inno a week ago, it's a TRUE portable satellite radio and can record up 50 hours of content. I will be grabbing the Guns show as well as Roger Waters, if there aren't already MP3's going around I'll go ahead and encode them (I'll have to offload the audio real-time) and get them up on FTP.

xm ha thats like fucking a fat chick

Personally, I've found there are heavier chicks who can outfuck the skinniest of bitches any day of the week. Quit being so damn shallow and enjoy what you have. Especially since if XM (or Sirius) goes belly-up, it'll mean less competition for us and that's a bad thing.

No, there are still millions more people with XM. A few reasons are the deeper playlists and hardware that's about a year or two ahead of Sirius. I just got my Pioneer Inno a week ago, it's a TRUE portable satellite radio and can record up 50 hours of content. I will be grabbing the Guns show as well as Roger Waters, if there aren't already MP3's going around I'll go ahead and encode them (I'll have to offload the audio real-time) and get them up on FTP.

Personally, I've found there are heavier chicks who can outfuck the skinniest of bitches any day of the week. Quit being so damn shallow and enjoy what you have. Especially since if XM (or Sirius) goes belly-up, it'll mean less competition for us and that's a bad thing.

XM sucks butt, my brother has that shit and I can't find a good station on it to save my life except for the comedy stations, they are better than sirius. Music programming edge goes to sirius though, hair nation and buzzsaw are great and octane is good too, plus we have howard stern. However, you guys will be getting RIR so that has to be a plus for you at the moment. But we get NFL, NBA and most college broadcasts for sports

if anyone still has XM can they record and post this after its over?

i hope someone records this and uploads it for all of us.

in a lossless format...NOT MP3!

so Guns are only doing a 1 hr 45 min set?

(I wonder what tunes are getting cut)

XM sucks butt, my brother has that shit and I can't find a good station on it to save my life except for the comedy stations, they are better than sirius. Music programming edge goes to sirius though, hair nation and buzzsaw are great and octane is good too, plus we have howard stern. However, you guys will be getting RIR so that has to be a plus for you at the moment. But we get NFL, NBA and most college broadcasts for sports

I have found that often XM's playlist is too diverse, and yes in the past it has been hard to find one station I can just leave on. Usually I'm jumping channels when TuneSelect tells me one of my favorite artists is on. However, over the past few months XM has been adding channels that take care of that problem - Big Tracks, Top Tracks and back by popular demand Liquid Metal. I also can hear Sirius music over Dish Network and have found that while they tend to play more popular stuff, they also repeat music alot more.

There is no doubt though that XM's hardware is above and beyond what Sirius has. They are smaller, generate less heat and can usually be had at a great price. XM is already on their second generation of portables and Sirius still has none that can actually recieve live Sirius.

I could care less about sports but my brother loves XM because he's a baseball freak. I can download / stream Howie if I need to hear him bad enough (he isn't on Dish), but since getting XM I'm a big Opie and Anthony fan now and prefer their morning show. They get bigger guests, do a longer show and are now heard by more people by being on XM / Directv / terrestrial. Enjoy the money Howard.

As far as uploading the Rio show in lossless, it's pretty much pointless. Satellite radio is compressed more than many MP3 files. I think I'll try to record it with my Inno and run the line-out to my MP3 player, which records beautifully in raw WAV format. If I can do "live" track markers (won't be perfect) it'll save me time and I can have them up late Saturday or Sunday morning.

Howard Stern on Sirius is the greatest shit ever.

Opie and Anthony suck.......attack of the clones

O and A are nothing like Howard. Either way, they've got the bigger audience now and even broadcast from Howie's old studio. And tons more people in the US will be hearing them as they will be adding more terrestrial affiliates and heading into more markets over the next few months.

And since alot of Howard Stern fans have never even heard a minute of the duo they trash, can you name just one bit they've stolen? I used to listen to Stern a few years ago, O and A have less of the "stripper" stuff and more cringe humor. Alot of it is "inside" and it took me awhile to get into, but it's entertaining and the shows popularity is growing.

XM Live was supposed to start GNR at 8:15, they're instead replaying The Darkness - I wonder if it's from the mixing problems? GNR is coming up after the replay, so they said. The XM website also now says 1 hour and 15 min. of guns instead of 1 hour and 45 minutes. We shall see.......

I m with u Howard fucking rocks!!!!!

Xm blows :fuckyou:

BTW XM is not streaming the GNR show