1st single

lawrence

only really just got back on the scene' its been busy-

took a break for a while'been on holiday etc

anyway' what would you choose as the first single from what we've heard so far?

i'm going with catcher in the rye' love the soft intro of axls voice' & the first verse even though i dont like brian may' he's sound on this tune

what would you choose

discuss/

Nah,

Not CITR. You need more of a rocker. Better starts out and you're like wtf? Then the chorus kicks in and blows you away. I love it.

I'd definitely say Better. I played it to a hip hopper who could care less about GNR and he liked it so much he wanted the CD from me.

Def Better!!

Edited by uzeurilluzion

i'm going with catcher in the rye' love the soft intro of axls voice' & the first verse even though i dont like brian may' he's sound on this tune

what would you choose

discuss/

beautiful bird in the sig

what would you choose

discuss/

thankyou

hi goab-hows ya sack hangin?

what would you choose

discuss/

thankyou

hi goab-hows ya sack hangin?

Just a few degrees to the right :rofl-lol:

I'm personally not that big of a fan of the new songs/demos but if I really had to choose one I'd just choose Chinese Democracy. I think the first single off this album needs something to be not only a rocker but also hard hitting. Better is a rocker but I just don't feel it's hard enough. I also think it has too much of a poppy feel to it.

I'd just go with Chinese Democracy. I say re-record the whole thing and make it heavier for the final version- not that there isn't anything wrong with the version we have now.... It's just that we've been hearing this version for the past 4 years. Just redo the whole thing with a more heavy sound and just keep playing it on the tv's and radios like you wanna jam it into people's brains....

For the next single I really wouldn't want to tone it down yet so I say go with either Better or TWAT. Probably TWAT only because Better has a little more of a poppy sound. TWAT will remind people more of what GNR is about.

The Blues is what I would choose for the third single. There are two heavy hitting singles already with CD and TWAT so it's ok to go with something a little mellow.

After The Blues I would then just go for the heavier sounding Better or a tad lighter sounding IRS. I wouldn't go with Madagascar or CITR only because I don't think it's a good idea to release two soft songs back to back. But hey, that's just me.....

By the way, why is nobody mentioning Oh My God? If anything I think that song should definitely be on the new album. As a matter of fact I actually like it better than most of the new leaks we've heard.....

This is all my opinion of course. I'm sure whatever somebody else comes up with will be just as good or better.

I'd just go with Chinese Democracy. I say re-record the whole thing and make it heavier for the final version

I agree with Chinese Democracy, but for God's sake no more re-recording

A kick ass song that isn't 5 years old and perhaps hasn't even been heard yet might be nice too there people.

Well which is it?

We sure seem to switch gears from "everyone has heard these leaks/boots" to "no one has heard these leaks/boots" pretty freely around here.

A kick ass song that isn't 5 years old and perhaps hasn't even been heard yet might be nice too there people.

Well which is it?

We sure seem to switch gears from "everyone has heard these leaks/boots" to "no one has heard these leaks/boots" pretty freely around here.

I'm not really sure what you're getting at. All I'm saying is that it would be nice if the first single was a kick ass tune that we haven't heard yet. I'm hoping that there are some 'big guns' to come.

Better is too hard to make an impact on the mainstream charts, it's a good song that will be high in the rock charts like Slither but it wouldn't perform in the normal chart. The Blues would be a good choice for radio exposure etc.

Edited by PurpleHaze