RIR3 vs. RIR5

Speed Stone

RIR3. Axl's voice was shit and he looked like shit too but he had better attitude ("Get that guy outta here!"), better presence. Axl really started out well at RIR5 but quickly faded out. NR was the highlight, Out Ta Get Me was awesome, but it seemed like he was going through the motions towards the end, and couldn't wait to get a drink off stage (hence the amazing amount of solos).

Of course, RIR3 was the first time we had heard new material. Even though his voice sucked it was overwhelming. We didn't hear anything new this time, so the excitement dropped a great deal. Axl's speech to the crowd at the end of RIR3 was also very touching and this time he just seemed like he couldn't wait to get out of there.

I'm saying RIR3 by a long shot.

RIR3. Axl's voice was shit and he looked like shit too but he had better attitude ("Get that guy outta here!"), better presence. Axl really started out well at RIR5 but quickly faded out. NR was the highlight, Out Ta Get Me was awesome, but it seemed like he was going through the motions towards the end, and couldn't wait to get a drink off stage (hence the amazing amount of solos).

Of course, RIR3 was the first time we had heard new material. Even though his voice sucked it was overwhelming. We didn't hear anything new this time, so the excitement dropped a great deal. Axl's speech to the crowd at the end of RIR3 was also very touching and this time he just seemed like he couldn't wait to get out of there.

Well, if you are going by that logic RIR 5 is the first time we've heard Better, I.R.S. and There Was A Time. Seeing as Madascar, The Blues, Chinese Democracy were unleashed at House Of Blues in 01 before Rio.

Well, if you are going by that logic RIR 5 is the first time we've heard Better, I.R.S. and There Was A Time. Seeing as Madascar, The Blues, Chinese Democracy were unleashed at House Of Blues in 01 before Rio.

So he played the new songs? Why are people saying he didn't?

Big difference - Blues, Madagascar, CD, etc. weren't leaked as DEMOS onto the Internet, downloaded by (probably) hundreds of thousands (maybe more) people, get exposure online as a controversy and get played on radio stations.

Most of the people there knew the demos by now, as do all of us watching. They're vastly more popular than those HOB songs were before RIR3, most people hadn't heard them then.

Axl has also played the three song leaks numerous times already - NYC, Spain, etc.

Plus, he didn't play TWAT tonight.

they didnt play twat tonite

RIR 5 fo sho

the band actually looked and felt and seemed like an actual band. they actually had great chemistry and sounded awesome too. Axl looks a lot better and sounds a lot better. I think that they are missing buckethead but theyve done a nice job replacing his parts with other members in the band

rir 3

btw, they didn't play madagascar at the hob

the very simple reason is that buckethead had the most amazing playing

for example, during madagascar's solo bucket's tapping his foot while playing it almost looking bored as he dows these amazing things, and it's get a view from his feet upwards, and he looks larger than life

during patience when bucket's got the accoustic axl puts his hand on bucket and bucket looks up, and right there you can tell what a great pair they could've been

but i haven't seen the video of rir 5, i'll look tommorrow

rir 3

for example, during madagascar's solo bucket's tapping his foot while playing it almost looking bored as he dows these amazing things, and it's get a view from his feet upwards, and he looks larger than life

during patience when bucket's got the accoustic axl puts his hand on bucket and bucket looks up, and right there you can tell what a great pair they could've been

I've never been a Buckethead Head (he he) but I like during RIR 3, at the start of It's So Easy, when Axl runs down the ramp and Buckethead kinda jumps down after him - they did have a bit of chemistry on stage at times. I never really liked BH though because I could never even tell when he was playing, he just stood in the corner most of the time and really did nothing - people have said Ron is too subdued during performances but I can't recall Buckethead ever really doing much on stage in terms of movement, energy, etc.

rir 3

I've never been a Buckethead Head (he he) but I like during RIR 3, at the start of It's So Easy, when Axl runs down the ramp and Buckethead kinda jumps down after him - they did have a bit of chemistry on stage at times. I never really liked BH though because I could never even tell when he was playing, he just stood in the corner most of the time and really did nothing - people have said Ron is too subdued during performances but I can't recall Buckethead ever really doing much on stage in terms of movement, energy, etc.

well when you are 7 feet tall and wearing a kfc bucket on your head you dont need to do much to be noticed

well..my take on the concert and watching it online...Axl looked worn out...hardly moving around...out of breath a lot of the show...and well...yeah..there were a TON of mistakes...but ya know..thats a live performance..and its NOT 1990 either ppl....its 2006...and Axl is almost 40? so...time does different things to different ppl...lets see some of you waddle your way around the stage at 40...the vocals were pretty tidy..but the SOUND...OMG...what a tragedy...i think i summed it up pretty accurately with one statement, 'the sound tech is sucking cock and smoking crack instead of paying attention to the soundboard' i mean...how HARD can it be to leave the volume up? that was the WORST part of the show..the first half..for that reason...the band kinda was 'less' energetic than we are used to from the band of the 90's and well..time moves on..and yes..its a totally different band...so they are NOT going to be the same as the original members...so comparing it to previous shows with the original band is POINTLESS. if it was hte same band..then yes.you would have an arguement..but these are ALL NEW BAND MEMBERS. yes..they didnt play songs i wanted to hear...used to love her....estranged....even get in the ring...but ya know...with 5 full lenth albums out...plus a ton of unreleased material...you cant get to them all either...i dont care how long you play...and your voice can only hold up for so long..now..comparing it to the previous RiR...hmm...im not sure that its possible to compare it...cause the band lineup has changed again...so...once again..your almost comparing apples to grapefruits...the chemistry is going to be different...and well..the production will change as well...thats how a band is..much like a family...and if one is missing..well..things are going to change...we as humans 'fear' change instincutally..so all this negativity is kinda expected...i thought it was a great concert overall...and it was a bright event in my week :)

way to go Axl and the band. it was a much appreciated show, even with the new members :) but FUCK AOL for screwing up the sound SO BADLY. wow....just one more reason to NOT use anything AOL if you have the choice....

http://canada.aol.com/entertainment/live/index.adp

thats the link to the show..for me anyway...dunno if itll work for you but if it does..enjoy the replay :D

Edited by ASLayerAODsk

, and couldn't wait to get a drink off stage (hence the amazing amount of solos).

And what makes you think he drinks during that time? Where you there? Axl even stated on a radio show how alcohol screws up his voice so he stays away from it. I hate these dumb assumptions.

, and couldn't wait to get a drink off stage (hence the amazing amount of solos).

And what makes you think he drinks during that time? Where you there? Axl even stated on a radio show how alcohol screws up his voice so he stays away from it. I hate these dumb assumptions.

Water, you idiot. Not booze. That would be the worst thing during a performance. :lol:

Didn't you notice how he had a water bottle nearby and grabbed it every time he went off stage?

Water, you idiot. Not booze. That would be the worst thing during a performance. :lol:

Didn't you notice how he had a water bottle nearby and grabbed it every time he went off stage?

hmm, but if it was water...it wouldn't matter

i mean, i wouldn't give a sh*t if axl was drinking half the concert onstage....

wow..you guys are talking about what Axl was drinking...im sure that was the CROWNING moment of RiR when he took a sip, wasnt it? had nothing to do with the music...just what Axl kept himself hydrated with :P

No shit. He has always had moments when he left the stage. If Elton John left the stage would we assume he was getting sucked off? Axl looks happy and is peforming great.

the way axl sings he needs to drink a lot of water. His raspy sound comes from his throat, only way to keep it is to keep drinking as much as he can, he never really sang with his lungs, it was his rasp that made him awesome. And he's older now, so it's a bit different than 15 years ago.

And yeah if you thought he meant alcohol you are a jackass.. And axl isnt "almost 40" hes like 44. quite a difference.

wow..you guys are talking about what Axl was drinking...im sure that was the CROWNING moment of RiR when he took a sip, wasnt it? had nothing to do with the music...just what Axl kept himself hydrated with :P

listen shithead i run through life with a torch in one hand and a sword in the other and what axl drinks while he's singing is important, cause sooner or later....it's lagger time, who cares about the fans anyways?

i wonder if it's gatorade or water....

i bet axl's so cool that he's spent the last 4 years paying gatorade to bioengineer a special gatorade for when he's singing so he can now run and sing and stay over 40% more hydrated

i wish i had some for chorus....

infact i wish i had some for evry second of ever day

I NEED TO BIOENGINEER MY OWN SUPER GATORADE

RIR 3 sucked more dick than a trailer park whore on welfare day compared to this one.

If your still thinking that you aren't an idiot (which you are, seriously) take a look here to find out exactly why. http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showto...0entry1312876

Edited by allen8r

the way axl sings he needs to drink a lot of water. His raspy sound comes from his throat, only way to keep it is to keep drinking as much as he can, he never really sang with his lungs, it was his rasp that made him awesome. And he's older now, so it's a bit different than 15 years ago.

And yeah if you thought he meant alcohol you are a jackass.. And axl isnt "almost 40" hes like 44. quite a difference.

the way that post was written it looked like he meannt alcohol. i made an error so blow me all of you who attacked me for reading something wrong. asswipes!